Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

My pc specs are i5-760 / 2 X 6870 in Crossfire / 4Gig Ram. Running on three screens at 4800 X 900 resolutions.

Even on the lowest setting, the game runs slow. All sliders to the left, no post processing etc.

I have tried with 1 GPU and in crossfire; nothing seems to help.

New install, just purchase the game last night...no apps that I know of.

Also, how do I get rid of the thick bar across the bottom of screen showing AI and my position?

Your GPU is not good enough running AC on tripples, it only has 1 GB of VRAM, even in Crossfire this won't help you as it doesn't double your VRAM and with high resolutions this is key. I suggest upgrading, playing with 1 screen or wait till the game is done, maybe they will do some more optimizations to the graphics that might allow this to be playable for you.

For the bar at the bottom you can press F9.

Thanks...

For the GPU (built in 2010), I thought I would have to upgrade for Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Unfortunately, I have been out of the game for a while and I am not up to par with the latest and greatest.

Is there a single card on the market (lets say NVidia 680 or 780) that will push all three monitors at 1080p with AC? I don't want to do sli / crossfire if I don't have to, just too many problems with profiles for me.

For GPU, would a 6GB MEM card benefit me more than pure horsepower given that I have 3 screens?

I also get a CPU > 95% usage message in the game.

Last edited:
With 3 screens and a 780 ti you will reach fine FPS at medium settings. A 6GB card won't benefit you much as most of them don't have a big enough memory bus, so not high enough throughput to let you benefit from the 6GB, unless you are talking of the Titan.
Tripple screens in the end is best with crossfire or SLI, if you like it or not.

Hi all,

Is there any place where the Post-Processing Effects are described? What each of these settings does and how much affects in terms of fps performance?

Overall effect quality
Depth of field quality
Color saturation
Motion Blur
Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (with this last set, is it required to use any AA samples?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Edit:
Refreshing, does someone knows? Would be a good adition to the great FAQ :D

GS mod edit: consolidated for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need exact numbers, Fernando?
An approxmation of fps impact is already in the description

3.1.5 PPE
PPEs have an impact on FPS, Motion blur and Depth of field quality more so than the rest. The headlights of the car don't glow with PPEs or Glare quality disabled and have a deminished glow with Glare quality reduced. You may reduce Color saturation below 100% in order to bring the game visuals closer to reality. Enabling Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing (FAAA) simultaniously with normal AA will reduce your FPS greatly. FAAA is not as effective as AA.

Thanks Georg. Probably is more on me to try understand what Motion Blur, Depth of Field, and Glare mean. Apart that English is not my native language, I have found some times that some terms mean something different for different people. I know what motion blur is, but I would like to understand what motion blur represents on AC in terms of what exactly the special effect accounts for. The same for glare and depth of field.

About FAAA. I am kind of confuse. I know is a kind of antialias technique, but I am not sure it would replace the default AA technique (be super sampling or multisampling) or just a complement.

Thanks

My System:
1920*1080@60Hz
I5-4670 (no OC)
Palit Geforce 770 4GB
16 GB Ram
Samsung Pro Evo 250 GB SSD

I have tried a lot of settings and for now I'm going with:
AF*16, AA 8
World Detail Max
Smoke off or very low
Motion Blur Off
Mirrors & mirror reflection Max
V-Synch Off - after one off the last updates I got stutters (and not microstutters) and bad tearing, turning it off resulted and setting FPS to 121 made the game smooth like never before, and reduced input lag considerabley.
I always had V-synch in before the latest updates and never had any tearing or stutter problems, - I wonder what happened?

16AI Cars (tested on Mugello)
Cube maps 2, faces 2
3rd party apps disabled
Overall the faces and cube resolutions have the biggest impact on my system. Running it with medium and 3 I'll still get 100+fps but with more spiking in fps, but the real mystery is the v-synch problem.
If I turn on PP-Effects and v-synch on the fps will go down 20-30 fps in a Race !!!, and while its still >60fps it doesn't feels as smooth as with v-synch and PP-Effects off.

I think the last updates brought some improvements and optimizations but not across the board and with some weird sideeffetcs, but overall I think I gained 15-20 fps.

Thank you all for participating, I will try out some of the suggestions.

Hi, i am running gtx 460 in sli and have tried for hours changing graphics settings to get better fps in multiplayer.
The problem is that i can get ok fps around 60fps to 70 fps and never drops below 40 fps in sli but the game stutters and jumps, and when i run a single card i get 30 fps and it seems to run better.
I have tried all kinds of settings people have posted.

Hi, i am running gtx 460 in sli and have tried for hours changing graphics settings to get better fps in multiplayer.
The problem is that i can get ok fps around 60fps to 70 fps and never drops below 40 fps in sli but the game stutters and jumps, and when i run a single card i get 30 fps and it seems to run better.
I have tried all kinds of settings people have posted.
Nvidia have said in the past that they don't take the time to develop SLI profiles for games that haven't been fully released. So anytime after 1.0 arrives, we should all have SLI profiles, which I'm also really in desperate need of.

I'm planning to get a new PC in the next month or two that can be 'upgradeable' for me when I have more money next year.

I'm guessing the Processor can be a bottleneck so was looking at an AMD Quad 4.2Ghz with 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM in a Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 Motherboard. Initially it will have an AMD R7 260X 2GB (around £80 card) but this will mean that I can put a bigger card in later if I so wish. I already have a Corsair 600W Gold PSU available from my current PC which will be reduced to 'office' work.

I'm not expecting hundreds of fps out of that rig, but from reading this thread it should at least play the game at 60fps @1080P with possible drops to 30fps at times, which is a HUGE improvement over the current 'unplayable' status :whistling:

i5 4460, gtx 750 ti with %20 oc, 8 gig 1600mhz ram

display settings fully maxed out
smoke generation low but i left the show smoke on mirror, well, on.
post processing is completely disabled (they were the biggest performance hitters for me)
reflections: mirrors are high quality, cubemap is medium and 0 faces per frame

something between 60 and 80 fps with a full grid on every track.

I'm planning to get a new PC in the next month or two that can be 'upgradeable' for me when I have more money next year.

I'm guessing the Processor can be a bottleneck so was looking at an AMD Quad 4.2Ghz with 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM in a Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 Motherboard. Initially it will have an AMD R7 260X 2GB (around £80 card) but this will mean that I can put a bigger card in later if I so wish. I already have a Corsair 600W Gold PSU available from my current PC which will be reduced to 'office' work.

I'm not expecting hundreds of fps out of that rig, but from reading this thread it should at least play the game at 60fps @1080P with possible drops to 30fps at times, which is a HUGE improvement over the current 'unplayable' status :whistling:
While it takes a pretty good video card to run some of the latest sims a GPU can be easily upgraded later. If I were you, I would go with an Intel processor - well worth the money.
If you are not aware, Anandtech has a nice benchmarking section to compare components like GPU and CPU:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/39

Example:
AMD A10 6800K 4.1 GHz - $140
Intel i5-3570k 3.4 GHz - $230

This Intel CPU is at least 50% faster than the AMD, in the long run you will be happier with an Intel CPU, and the CPU/motherboard are not something easily changed/upgraded so I like to put as much as I can into the CPU for the base build. I built my current PC with an i7 but I'm on my second GPU since (upgraded as I wanted to run triple screen) - AMD 7850 to start, now a GTX 780, maybe a GTX 980 by spring.

Hi guys, I have checked this thread to get some insight for getting the best from my system. It still feels a bit a hit or miss. Seeing the FPS fluctuatea quite a bit.

So I have a couple of questions, hope you can help me out:

• Does the fact that I have an lower res. LCD makes met forced to run higher AA etc. to get rid of jagged edges?
  • Will my 280x preform better on a full HD resolution?
  • Does AC overwrite my catalyst AA/AF settings even if I put them on "override applications settings"?
  • Is there a setup guide for AMD and AC?
  • Or what would be a overall general good settings compromise (start point) with my system?
Thanks in advance :)

System specs (all stock):
i5 4670K

Gigabyte GV-R928XOC-3GD Rev. 2.0
8GB DDR3
Win 8.0 64 bit
120 GB SSD

1680x1050 LCD monitor

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals