Formula Student UCM 2016

Cars Formula Student UCM 2016 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes this does look as cool as we thought it might...
39895668551_d5ddd5f5d5_o.jpg

Rear wing is completed - only took about 15 mins :laugh: Think the red stripe needs to be wider though. I then scaled that down and made it longer for the body stripes. I'll need to decide if I will try to bend the stripes around the cockpit or not - would look better if I can :) I was thinking of doing 3 editions of this car - Stroll, Massa and Sirotkin, but I think everyone will really want a Kubica one so better do that too ;)

Interesting (or maybe not) to note that I was looking at photos of Abu Dhabi race 1st and they don't run the martini lettering there for obvious reasons, but when they do that they don't have the red stripe down the middle.

Just a little update messing about with puppet warp. Might have to re-do the joins between thin bits and wide bits with the pen tool.
39051138985_191dbb640e_o.jpg

Once the stripes are done it will just be a case of sticking the sponsors on. I'll probably release when the Williams is finished as well have half the grid done then :)

OK I decided to get this finished today as I'd put it to one side for a bit to work on other projects. I finished off the Williams livery - did 3 versions: Massa, Stroll and Kubica (because why not) ;)
I've taken @chargingcar Ferrari one and made a Kimi no 7 verson as well (other than the number it's unchanged). Ready for release with the permission of @chargingcar :D

Mercedes:

Ferrari:

Red Bull:

Force India:

Williams:

I may end up doing the other teams at some point but it won't be for some time as I need a break from skinning this car! :p

Not entirely happy with the Force India one and the joins of the stripes aren't absolutely perfect on the Williams, but my heart's not in it to do any more on these at the moment :)

OK I decided to get this finished today as I'd put it to one side for a bit to work on other projects. I finished off the Williams livery - did 3 versions: Massa, Stroll and Kubica (because why not) ;)
I've taken @chargingcar Ferrari one and made a Kimi no 7 verson as well (other than the number it's unchanged). Ready for release with the permission of @chargingcar :D

Mercedes:

Ferrari:

Red Bull:

Force India:

Williams:

I may end up doing the other teams at some point but it won't be for some time as I need a break from skinning this car! :p

Not entirely happy with the Force India one and the joins of the stripes aren't absolutely perfect on the Williams, but my heart's not in it to do any more on these at the moment :)
Looks superb man, really appreciate it!

Sure, I have a motorbike engined RWD set of physics ready to go, its a totally different driving experience.

But I would never want it grafted onto this car, would just be so wrong! Completely different packaging required, I'd rather make a brand new model to suit.
I'd be willing to donate our car CAD if you wanted to graft it in. Our car looks alot less beefy/refined and i'm sure matches closely enough to your motorbike engine. We already have a member working on making a lowpoly version in blender for renders so he's already redone the chassis and certain bits.

Hi @garyjpaterson

First of all thanks for the mod.

I want to change some of the vehicle dynamics of the car. However, (largely because I am a noob at modding) I can't find the data folder with all of the .ini files. So where are the .ini files?

Thank you so much :)

Hi @garyjpaterson

First of all thanks for the mod.

I want to change some of the vehicle dynamics of the car. However, (largely because I am a noob at modding) I can't find the data folder with all of the .ini files. So where are the .ini files?

Thank you so much :)
U wot m8 ? you want to rip the physics ? :p:D:D

Hi @garyjpaterson ,

Is there any way to have the AI race with the lower powered set-up? I've just updated my Mont-Tremblant Karting track and have been having a blast driving there, but the normal set-up is (for me) a bit quick and the AI kick my arse all over the track. I'm getting too old too quickly to drive these fast cars I guess :(.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.