Formula Student UCM 2016

Cars Formula Student UCM 2016 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Formula Student UCM 2016 - UCM 2016 FSAE Car

UCM 2016 Formula Student car for Assetto Corsa
V.9

Do not redistribute or rehost any of the content of this mod without seeking permission from Gary Paterson (https://www.facebook.com/gpatersondesign/)

Thank you for downloading the UCM 2016 Formula Student car for Assetto Corsa. Please take a few minutes to read through this brief guide in order to make the most of this content.

doorrPwh.jpg

Install:
Drag and drop...

Read more about this resource...

Seems to be a fun little car, but is it just me ? I have absolutely no FFB in this car, no roadfeel, no curbs, nothing at all. I deleted and reinstalled, to no avail.
I feared for my wheel, but other cars ar all OK.
Tried Okayama Piper and Roskilde kart track, no feel at all.

Last edited:
Seems to be a fun little car, but is it just me ? I have absolutely no FFB in this car, no roadfeel, no curbs, nothing at all. I deleted and reinstalled, to no avail.
I feared for my wheel, but others cars ar all OK.
Tried Okayama Piper and Roskilde kart track, no feel at all.
Try a Kunos track just incase those tracks don't have a proper physics mesh - its quite heavy FFB for me (I turn it down to 80% ingame).

Try a Kunos track just incase those tracks don't have a proper physics mesh - its quite heavy FFB for me (I turn it down to 80% ingame).
Was just trying Brands Indy, nope...nothing.
I can feel a little resistance of the wheels when standing in the pits, but that is all. Tried, curbs, grass, gravel, no FFB !?
In game FFB gain 100%, using FFB Clip at 100%.

Edit: I normally use Content Manager to start AC. Just to check I started in AC directly, Kicevo track (with a rather strong road feel) and same issue. I even ran into the tire barriers, rolled over.... no feel :unsure:

Last edited:
Was just trying Brands Indy, nope...nothing.
I can feel a little resistance of the wheels when standing in the pits, but that is all. Tried, curbs, grass, gravel, no FFB !?
Very odd, should be quite strong FFB, especially at speed when you get the aero load. Not really sure what to suggest, as I'm definitely not feeling anything wrong on my end and haven't heard complaints from testers.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this issue?

It´s great at Miseluk Gymkhana, couldn´t stop going around there!

Only thing is that I imagined the EMs to have a little beefier sound internally and I´m quite missing the EM component in the external sounds.
Yeah thats a great little track too.

And I agree about the SFX, its very weak sounding - but it is just borrowed from Kunos. Because the RPM is super low (less than 2000rpm at all times), it was just a coincidence that some Kunos SFX give 'electric motor-ish' sounds at those RPMs.

If anyone wants to have a go at creating proper SFX, please by all means, go ahead. Or, use CM to switch around with different cars to see what fits best, I seem to remember some of the LMP1 cars sounding cool at those speeds.

Yeah thats a great little track too.

And I agree about the SFX, its very weak sounding - but it is just borrowed from Kunos. Because the RPM is super low (less than 2000rpm at all times), it was just a coincidence that some Kunos SFX give 'electric motor-ish' sounds at those RPMs.

If anyone wants to have a go at creating proper SFX, please by all means, go ahead. Or, use CM to switch around with different cars to see what fits best, I seem to remember some of the LMP1 cars sounding cool at those speeds.

Yeah, that´s what I kinda guessed. Maybe something nice will turn up. Not too big a deal for the time being.

Thank you for the release!

No problems with the ffb here. Fun car to drive and looks really good.
It's gonna take a bit to get use to the "lack" of sounds though. :D

Thanks for making and sharing.

Very odd, should be quite strong FFB, especially at speed when you get the aero load. Not really sure what to suggest...
Well, problem finally solved:
- removed the car
- downloaded and installed it again
- tried it and still no FFB...
- played a bit with FFB clip app and enabling / disabling Dynamic setting suddenly triggered the FFB.
It's great now. No idea what the exact issue was, (I was already blaming Win10 update :D)
All good now, thanks.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back