Formula Student UCM 2016

Cars Formula Student UCM 2016 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @garyjpaterson ,

Is there any way to have the AI race with the lower powered set-up? I've just updated my Mont-Tremblant Karting track and have been having a blast driving there, but the normal set-up is (for me) a bit quick and the AI kick my arse all over the track. I'm getting too old too quickly to drive these fast cars I guess :(.
Can you not just turn the AI speed down like normal? Fairly sure under 85% or so they wont even use full throttle iirc.

Maybe I am wrong, but I strongly feel that the car would be a little bit slower if total without Fuel. I clearly know it's a pure electric car. But my lap time would be around 0.4s slower if I set fuel at zero at Silverstone International. Very strange feeling.

I know you'll likely have to source and mix the audio of the Triumph bike engine, but I'd love to see the ICE version for those who prefer a more conventional formula car's driving feel, even with how nice this electric version drives.

According to the official UCM website, the 2016 car featured in this mod weighs 260kg without the driver, not the 225kg you have listed here.
Mate, what is this? Are you literally just spending your time trying to pick holes in my mods? Every time I log into RD its another post from you on another thread telling me I've done something wrong.
Just like on the Auto Union, I have better sources for this than you.
You do realise UCM commissioned this mod, sent the data and approved the final thing?

I would show you the source but I'm not allowed:
1589536125178.png

If you want to criticise something on this, there is plenty to choose from - the tyres I made are bad, the aero is too simplistic. But please, trust me, something so basic as the weight is correct. The data they make public online isn't necessarily the whole truth...

Hi gary i wanted to ask you something.

Is this cars real life CL data match in game CL data down to the every single necessary/unnecessary detail? Like... absolutely 1:1 match?

Hi gary i wanted to ask you something.

Is this cars real life CL data match in game CL data down to the every single necessary/unnecessary detail? Like... absolutely 1:1 match?
1:1 to IRL match? No. For one, the UCM car was never tested in a wind tunnel (to my knowledge)
1:1 available data? Pretty much. Albeit the data given to me was basic (which is handy since I'm no physics guy) but yes it matches the rudimentary CFD data. And even "good" CFD data is known to be not that great.

But the point is, you should aim to match whatever data is available. For example, if you were making one of those lemans hypercars, the aero limits were published in the regs, so you should use them. You can be pretty damn sure the manufacturer teams like toyota will get pretty close to them. It is of course not a guarantee of accuracy, but its a lot better than nothing.

Its not about "every single necessary/unnecessary detail", its about getting it in the ballpark. And pretty sure that recently released LMH car is not even in the same postcode.

Last edited:
1:1 to IRL match? No. For one, the UCM car was never tested in a wind tunnel (to my knowledge)
1:1 available data? Pretty much. Albeit the data given to me was basic (which is handy since I'm no physics guy) but yes it matches the rudimentary CFD data. And even "good" CFD data is known to be not that great.

But the point is, you should aim to match whatever data is available. For example, if you were making one of those lemans hypercars, the aero limits were published in the regs, so you should use them. You can be pretty damn sure the manufacturer teams like toyota will get pretty close to them. It is of course not a guarantee of accuracy, but its a lot better than nothing.

Its not about "every single necessary/unnecessary detail", its about getting it in the ballpark. And pretty sure that recently released LMH car is not even in the same postcode.
k

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies