Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

@garyjpaterson I might have got this wrong, so scrap everything if that's the case:
I noticed that the lights switch doesn't move when you turn on your headlights; would it be possible to implement a simple animation for the switch to 'switch' back and forth depending if headlights are toggled on or off? I know it is possible because some Kunos cars have this feature (Porsche 718 Spyder RS).

Why do I ask? Because ETS2 got me used to such a thing. Am I being pretentious over something not useful at all? Yes, very much so :roflmao:

@garyjpaterson I might have got this wrong, so scrap everything if that's the case:
I noticed that the lights switch doesn't move when you turn on your headlights; would it be possible to implement a simple animation for the switch to 'switch' back and forth depending if headlights are toggled on or off? I know it is possible because some Kunos cars have this feature (Porsche 718 Spyder RS).

Why do I ask? Because ETS2 got me used to such a thing. Am I being pretentious over something not useful at all? Yes, very much so :roflmao:
Oof, never thought about that. I'll look into it, cutting it fine though, its now or never.

Thank you Gary
917160f48e407712f323b5e5302a8806.gif

Lights come on before the switch is turned. derp. start again.

:poop::roflmao:
I knew that would be the first comment :roflmao: Seems no matter how many frames the animation is it takes the same time to play - the only thing I can do to improve it is make it so the movement happens right at the start of the animation which looks good when you turn them on, but looks much worse than it is now when you turn them off.

And the beginning of a new one......:D

Thanks Gary for this absolute beauty. Incredible job you did here. Very nice to see it complete. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm trying to but cannot figure out where the bumper textures are...
Everything you see here in red are bumpers:

upload_2018-7-27_20-33-34.png

That being said, remember and make use of the bumper_detail.dds texture (which only shows up depending on the Alpha channel of your main skin diffuse, white hides it (for logos, sponsors etc, black shows the detail colour).

Open up the skin folder of say the Royal Mail which uses black bumpers and see how I did it with the alpha channel, then compare with say the Double Stripes skin, which has body coloured bumpers.

Also they use an RGB map so you can control whether you want them matte for black bumpers, or glossy to look like painted bumpers.

Everything you see here in red are bumpers:

View attachment 261923

That being said, remember and make use of the bumper_detail.dds texture (which only shows up depending on the Alpha channel of your main skin diffuse, white hides it (for logos, sponsors etc, black shows the detail colour).

Open up the skin folder of say the Royal Mail which uses black bumpers and see how I did it with the alpha channel, then compare with say the Double Stripes skin, which has body coloured bumpers.

Also they use an RGB map so you can control whether you want them matte for black bumpers, or glossy to look like painted bumpers.

Thanks for that!

I've been busy so let me know what you think :D

20180727232530_1.jpg

20180727232522_1.jpg

And I also made the other variant

20180727232536_1.jpg

20180727232511_1.jpg

Thanks,
Iain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes