F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to mod the McLaren car textures. I don't know exactly which file I have to edit...
mclaren_decal.tga.mipmaps or mclaren.erp?

And with dds files I'm having problems too. I'm using Paint.net but some dds files are not opened. There was an error.

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to mod the McLaren car textures. I don't know exactly which file I have to edit...
mclaren_decal.tga.mipmaps or mclaren.erp?

And with dds files I'm having problems too. I'm using Paint.net but some dds files are not opened. There was an error.

mclaren.erp is what you need. Use photoshop with the intel plugin to edit textures (gimp might work)

mclaren.erp is what you need. Use photoshop with the intel plugin to edit textures (gimp might work)
Hi Friends.

I nave created a new McLaren texture and a new McLaren.erp and .mipmaps file. But ingame the car black color is grey and in the front there is an error, a white square in the front of the car that would be orange.

What could be the reason of these two issues?

Hi,

Is it possible to use a custom helmet online, I have been told that helmets are Ok, but not cars and other textures something to do with the mini-maps. Can anybody confirm? Thanks in advance.

Hi Friends.

I nave created a new McLaren texture and a new McLaren.erp and .mipmaps file. But ingame the car black color is grey and in the front there is an error, a white square in the front of the car that would be orange.

What could be the reason of these two issues?

Hi Friends.

In my game, after installing a new car texture the car appears like this:

QJESC9m.jpg

The black color appears in grey... Like haze over the car. What could be the reason?

Does anyone know what format to save the n.tga files? The ones without the blue channel. The .erp says they are ATI2, ATI2/3Dc, not seeing that option in Ps plugin. Tried BC5 but couldn't import the file. Thanks for any help.

Does anybody know where to change the career R&D graph colors (little button & charted line)? Looked throught the ui_package .erps and I could not find it. Thanks for any help.

Hey, could someone explain to a noob modder how to mod car performance? I would like to make the mcLaren way faster to bring it right up with the big boys.

Which files do I edit and what tool do I use?

Sorry if I repeat an already answered question, but I didnt find anything by myself.
Thanks!
//mort

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play