• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2017 Mods' started by Graham Laing, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    F1 2017-RD-ModdingQuest.jpg

This thread is for F1 2016 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)

Note: Current uploaded file size limit is 500 MB per file, anything larger will need to be split into multiple parts/uploads.

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
    I think we're gonna need an update for ERP Archiver for F1 2017. Could somebody possibly contact Petar Tasev about that?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. iZ GunDaM

iZ GunDaM

Ratings:
    +79
  4. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
  5. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
    That's the error i'm getting when trying to export from the ERP Archiver.
    And no, it's not the wrong folder...
    bandicam 2017-08-23 15-02-15-966.png

6. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
    And exporting from the driver texture folder with "noesis" also doesn't work and gives an error bandicam 2017-08-23 15-08-36-565.png

7. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    Yeah seems like they've changed the mipmaps in some way, did you try to export as .tga with noesis? We will need an update, the best way to contact Petar is probably through the ego engine discord but I know someone already did talk to him

8. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
    I tried as tga, no success. I emailed him, and yeah, someone has also contacted him on Discord

9. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    I have managed to get textures out and in through EEA, it appears that the problem is entirely exporting, and using a version of EEA from launch 2016 which doesn't use Mips allows exporting some such as decals. It isn't a perfect system but it does work.

10. Dimitar Vitanov

Dimitar Vitanov

Ratings:
    +78
    The important thing is, does it export helmets? xD

11. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    helmets are mostly in the mipmaps which I have not yet found a way to open, I'll have a look for them soon but anything with a decent size in the ERP can be exported with early EEA and edited and imported back in, the newer EEA seems to have a bug with importing which messes with colors though so I'd recommend old EEA for imports as well

12. Rouxs

Rouxs

Ratings:
    +3
    Personnally I have no issue with ERP Archiver. Don't forget to set F1 2017 main directory in ERP Archiver. Also I export all texture file, and I get a normal size texture file (4096x4096).

Edit : For some reason I can open only certain helmets. I have an error on some and others open normally

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  13. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    When I try do that and export it says can't export because of a mismatch with the mipmap (even if mipmap is manually selected)

14. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    Okay I tried to use Grosjean or Hamilton (which you can export from incardriver with EEA 5.2) to overwrite mipmaps and then copy them and rename the mipmaps for other drivers but unfortunately it doesn't work.

15. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    Has anyone figured out a way to make the game save after modding? I don't know of a manual save way (with autosave disabled) and offline mode didn't help.

16. Geckarbor5LP

Geckarbor5LP

Ratings:
    +119
    Does anyone know why the Telefonica logo is so blurred?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ReesGaming

ReesGaming

Ratings:
    +6
    upload_2017-8-25_19-45-52.png can anyone help with this mismatch thingy please

18. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    Lee Mather answered me on Twitter that we can't run mods and have the game save for now but maybe the ERP Archiver can get a patch to get around that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KeisariKine

KeisariKine

Ratings:
    +294
    no patch out yet, you need to either get a new mipmap editor or get an old EEA (like 2.0) to be able to edit it. Though the game no longer saves if you have it modded so it's not exactly worth modding for now