F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

I just need to know how to do it ahah. I haven't touched modding since 2017 came out so I've forgotten everything
well with most mods the json file "teamname-carmodel.layer" is included, you need to import that under the pkg files tab.
If you need to make your own edit the line "model:" which is somewhere around line 70 or so in the file. You just need to copy the line from the chassis you want to use to the file for the team you need it for.
Then after adding the json file you need to swap the carbon_damage/teamname_damage (file naming convention changes between teams) texture as well. So say if you want to use Williams chassis for Renault you need to export the damage texture from Williams and import it to Renault.

Is it not possible to mod Mercedes' performance? I've made a .vtf file that should be as bad as Andrea Moda to see if it works at all, and it doesn't seem to be.

is it possible to change just the cockpit for a certain car? or is it required to change the entire chassis? I'd like to change the Red Bull steeringwheel to a Williams one with the display behind it. Is this possible to do without changing the entire chassis?

Anyone having any issues opening DDS files in Photoshop CC with the latest CC update? It's telling me the file type isn't the correct file type...

Can anyone tell me which .erp file has the images of the drivers and custom helmets in please? The ones that appear in career mode on the laptop.

Thanks,
Iain.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes