F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

I have a weird problem i never had before. When changing the driver pictures for rivalry in career (full body pictures found in flow_career_hub.erp) I import them in correct format, they look ok in ERP archiver, but in game they are either not visible or the body is split in half or otherwise disoriented. I never seen something like this with the UI pictures. Does anyone know what could it be?

I have a weird problem i never had before. When changing the driver pictures for rivalry in career (full body pictures found in flow_career_hub.erp) I import them in correct format, they look ok in ERP archiver, but in game they are either not visible or the body is split in half or otherwise disoriented. I never seen something like this with the UI pictures. Does anyone know what could it be?
mipmaps

you've saved it with autogenerated mipmaps, you need to save with none
you are correct, i saved it with mipmaps. I always used automatic because i don't really know what mipmaps are and it worked ok so far, but with the UI pictures it mades this problem. With no mipmaps it is working. Thank you.
It there anything else that needs to have no mipmaps? or everything have autogenerated mipmaps and only the rivalry pictures have no mipmaps?

you are correct, i saved it with mipmaps. I always used automatic because i don't really know what mipmaps are and it worked ok so far, but with the UI pictures it mades this problem. With no mipmaps it is working. Thank you.
It there anything else that needs to have no mipmaps? or everything have autogenerated mipmaps and only the rivalry pictures have no mipmaps?
basically anything related to UI is no mipmaps, you can tell from EEA as the file format thing says something like "512x64 Mips:1 Format:..." the Mips thing says all you need. If it's 1 it means none on the mipmaps setting, and if it's more than that you can autogenerate

Hi! I have problems with editing a decal file on photoshop cc...when i try to blacken out the original decals on the alpha channel nothing seems to change,and they are still opaque when i turn down the rgb channel. Does anybody know what should i do to blacken them out properly?

Hi! I have problems with editing a decal file on photoshop cc...when i try to blacken out the original decals on the alpha channel nothing seems to change,and they are still opaque when i turn down the rgb channel. Does anybody know what should i do to blacken them out properly?

What file format are you saving it to? What do you mean when you say turn down the rgb channel?

Thinking of buying the game on PC via steam to use mods again (had xbox since release). Two questions after going through some pages and reading your experiences modding...

1. I want pre patch v1.8 medium traction control settings to play career. I know steam will give me v1.12 update included with download, would someone be able to supply for example v1.7 or earlier medium traction control setting, im sure you are all aware how it was nerfed with v1.8 onwards.

2. I understand early versions of the game, after modding camera files, didn't allow you to save career, control setting etc. Would it be possible to now save a career with a modded camera file with v1.12?

Cheers guys!

Thinking of buying the game on PC via steam to use mods again (had xbox since release). Two questions after going through some pages and reading your experiences modding...

1. I want pre patch v1.8 medium traction control settings to play career. I know steam will give me v1.12 update included with download, would someone be able to supply for example v1.7 or earlier medium traction control setting, im sure you are all aware how it was nerfed with v1.8 onwards.

2. I understand early versions of the game, after modding camera files, didn't allow you to save career, control setting etc. Would it be possible to now save a career with a modded camera file with v1.12?

Cheers guys!
you are able to save the game with any mods now (any version post 1.9 I believe will do). I don't think a pre 1.7 traction control is possible to get without the full version of it (no-one knows where exactly those are located)

you are able to save the game with any mods now (any version post 1.9 I believe will do). I don't think a pre 1.7 traction control is possible to get without the full version of it (no-one knows where exactly those are located)

Thanks for the response. I purchased anyway. I'm doing everything i can to find that setting in the editor. Anyone feel free to help

Can anyone help me? I tried changing the williams looks using someone else's design, however it didn't work and i didn't backup the original files (using Ergo ERP Archiver) anywhere where i can download the original files?

In steam, right click on the game, click "properties", click on the "local files" tab, then click on the "verify integrity of game files". This will whip all mods out and reinstall the files you changed.

Is there a way to change the driver numbers that are on the panels that grid girls are holding before the start of the race?
And is there any way to change the nationality flags on the podium? (or remove them?)
If yes, do you know the location of the files/textures? thanks

So I've been trying to get mods intended to work on one team to work on another (TR on Sauber, Williams on FI, and McLaren on TR) but I don't seem able to get it to work. I've tried following the guide from F1 2016, but either it doesn't work anymore, or I'm unable to do it correctly. Any ideas?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 20 20.8%