F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Sorry guys, late to the game. Wanted to confirm that you can paint the car using the 3d models and just blank out the decals to get a fully custom livery. Thanks for any help.

I have changed the Red Bull chassis to the Williams one. But when I open redbull.erp in a 3D program it only shows a tire.

Attachments

• Screenshot (194).png
    Screenshot (194).png
    385.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot (195).png
    Screenshot (195).png
    89.2 KB · Views: 273
20180213130405_1.jpg
Hello everyone,
Does anybody know why is this happening with numbers? I made a livery on a ferrari car, and i wanted to put it on mclaren spot in the game but this happens with the numbers?
If you know please let me know.
Thank you! :D

View attachment 235656 Hello everyone,
Does anybody know why is this happening with numbers? I made a livery on a ferrari car, and i wanted to put it on mclaren spot in the game but this happens with the numbers?
If you know please let me know.
Thank you! :D
can't be fixed to my knowledge, I don't know exactly why it happens but it's only with the McLaren and Mercedes teams. Use McLaren or Mercedes chassis to do all liveries for McLaren (and Mercedes). Those chassis don't work for other teams either

Hi, I would like to know how to extract the 3d's from F1 Codemasters, I work with renderers and it's been a while since I tried to figure out how to extract ERP in 3D (.OBJ etc ...) could somebody give me some tips?

You can use 3dsimed if you want to extract the 3d models.
I tried to use it already, when everything matters ok, but when I export, the only format that can be opened by the keyshot is 3ds that is present in 3dsimed, so when I export, there is a "square" modeling in the tips, I think it has to do with 3ds, look ...

Attachments

• 14432958_1769777519954851_2296838408976095740_n.jpg
    14432958_1769777519954851_2296838408976095740_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 294
I tried to use it already, when everything matters ok, but when I export, the only format that can be opened by the keyshot is 3ds that is present in 3dsimed, so when I export, there is a "square" modeling in the tips, I think it has to do with 3ds, look ...
You need to edit it first to fix those rough edges with the model. What i usually do is export it from 3dsimed as an FBX file, then modify it with 3dsmax, so i can smoothen them out, etc. then thats the time i export it to 3ds so that i can work with it with photoshop or keyshots.

Is there anywhere on this thread about changing Chassis? I want to use some of the new livery mods, but they are created on different chassis and I need to change them. Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.