F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Anybody know where to to change this grey colour. This is on the McLaren. https://prnt.sc/i6cyl3

i6cyl3
you check this part of the mclaren decal
20180112231703_1.jpg

Hey guys, I have a problem. I want to export the files out of the .erp file. So far no problem. In the ERP Archiever I can see the files without a problem but when I export it and open it in Photoshop everything is black. It worked around 2 months ago without any problems so I´m confused :thumbsdown:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.png
    2.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 236
Hey guys, I have a problem. I want to export the files out of the .erp file. So far no problem. In the ERP Archiever I can see the files without a problem but when I export it and open it in Photoshop everything is black. It worked around 2 months ago without any problems so I´m confused :thumbsdown:
needs intel dds plugin

How can i changes faces on the game? For example, i want replace the Palmer face by Carlos Sainz face in Renault.
Thanks and regards.
It's a very complicated process compared to last year that requires you to edit 13 different ERPs, it's a bit too complex to explain here but I intend on making a tutorial for it in a few days/weeks

I already got that a long time ago. EDIT: Didnt realize it until a few minutes ago, it doesnt ask me to open the mipmaps which it should do right ? I have the ERP Archiver 6.1 so that shouldnt be the problem.
hmm that's a bit weird, the black screens error would indicate that it doesn't load properly with photoshop meaning it would be a plugin error (nvidia plugin doesn't support the sRGB formats which most textures are in)

Is there some effective way to change driver names when swapping drivers that are in the game and making multiple changes?
Because when you just simply want to change one driver for example Bottas to Alonso, then its super easy to make the change. But now, when you want to put somebody else instead of Alonso (for example Palmer), it will find and replace the correct default alonso but it will now also replace the new Alonso which we put instead of Bottas. So there will be Palmer in Mercedes, in Mclaren and in Renault :D So you effectively ruin your first change you made (Bottas to Alonso)
I know the solution to this is probably super easy, but i just cannot figure it out.

Last edited:
Is there some effective way to change driver names when swapping drivers that are in the game and making multiple changes?
Because when you just simply want to change one driver for example Bottas to Alonso, then its super easy to make the change. But now, when you want to put somebody else instead of Alonso (for example Palmer), it will find and replace the correct default alonso but it will now also replace the new Alonso which we put instead of Bottas. So there will be Palmer in Mercedes, in Mclaren and in Renault :D So you effectively ruin your first change you made (Bottas to Alonso)
I know the solution to this is probably super easy, but i just cannot figure it out.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...sic-drivers-f2-f3-excel-autocompletion.17851/
you need to Excel file. he is made for Russian but he can be remade under English.

Did anyone managed to find the location of the texture/picture of the white F1 2017 logo that is on almost every screen while playing in the upper left corner? It should be in the files somewhere right?

Is it possible to mod car skins and go online, if the skin doesnt change mipmaps? The skin shouldnt affect anything, but I can understand the mipmaps

The lotus decal file that I exported with Ego ERP archiver doesn't want to open in photoshop..it says ''can not load image''. I tried both Intel and nVidia plugins and it doesn't work. What to do?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies