F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

even with decals? because i was happy i finally know how to deal with the problem, but today when i started editing and importing decals with your method (black background) it for some reason doesnt work :D The background around the decals is completely black, the alpha channel is black apart from the parts that needs to be visible and those are white as they should be. I export it as suggested via intel plugin in the color+alpha BC3_srgb format and when i import it into the ERP archiver, the background is not transparent, but its black. (and so the car ingame is of course all black almost). What could be wrong? thanks
can you send a screenshot of the save setting you use? I can have a guess at the problem but it's easier if I see the settings

can you send a screenshot of the save setting you use? I can have a guess at the problem but it's easier if I see the settings

of course, here is the picture.
i've been using texture type color and compression BC1 srgb for things like suits, caps, and things without alpha channel.
And i've been using (as was recommended) color + alpha and BC3 sRGB. Picture below.
i tried saving the decals with black bacground, and it didnt work and if i tried to saving it transparent without background it worked. so its strange. As for example with shark fins and numbers i had to use black backround to make it work. but with decals it was opposite

Attachments

• screen-dec.jpg
    screen-dec.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 306
of course, here is the picture.
i've been using texture type color and compression BC1 srgb for things like suits, caps, and things without alpha channel.
And i've been using (as was recommended) color + alpha and BC3 sRGB. Picture below.
i tried saving the decals with black bacground, and it didnt work and if i tried to saving it transparent without background it worked. so its strange. As for example with shark fins and numbers i had to use black backround to make it work. but with decals it was opposite
That's really weird, normally a decal saved without a black background leads to the car appearing all white. Are you sure the alpha channel is pure black and pure white?

That's really weird, normally a decal saved without a black background leads to the car appearing all white. Are you sure the alpha channel is pure black and pure white?
yes, i checked everything multiple times and for some reason it didnt work with black background and only worked with transparent background (which is the opposite of what should happen :D )

guys does somebody know where in which files are the face textures/models for the career drivers and for the classic drivers? I know where the faces are for the F1 drivers, but i wasn't able to locate the rest of them. thanks

guys can somebody check the new Equal AI mod? So is this finally the solution to change the AI performance? Because so far we were only able to change the cars directly via the vtf performance files of each team (to change engine, chassis and aero). Can someone check it and explain how it works precisely? What are the differences between this new method and the classic one? thanks

guys can somebody check the new Equal AI mod? So is this finally the solution to change the AI performance? Because so far we were only able to change the cars directly via the vtf performance files of each team (to change engine, chassis and aero). Can someone check it and explain how it works precisely? What are the differences between this new method and the classic one? thanks
it's nothing new. It was done in 2016 as well. It works by swapping all the ai files that teams have to the Mercedes ones, which does not edit them really. It just allows a team to achieve their performance file's full potential, and not be slowed down by the AI.

it's nothing new. It was done in 2016 as well. It works by swapping all the ai files that teams have to the Mercedes ones, which does not edit them really. It just allows a team to achieve their performance file's full potential, and not be slowed down by the AI.
but how does it work together with the performance files that are in the team.erp? if i use the above mentioned method and change the AI to be for example all mercedes and change the performance in the team erp file (for example better engine for some team) will it make the team better and faster? or does the AI change have higher priority somehow and if you change it, the performance files and performance changes have no effect then?
And when you use the AI change - you also cannot simulate time or fast forward time as with the normal performance changes?

but how does it work together with the performance files that are in the team.erp? if i use the above mentioned method and change the AI to be for example all mercedes and change the performance in the team erp file (for example better engine for some team) will it make the team better and faster? or does the AI change have higher priority somehow and if you change it, the performance files and performance changes have no effect then?
And when you use the AI change - you also cannot simulate time or fast forward time as with the normal performance changes?
the virtual performance never works. As far as I understand the way the game works is that the performance file makes the pace of the car, and it's similar between the AI and the player, but if you upgrade that performance file as a player you will see the effects easily but the AI is optimized team specifically based on that performance file, so it might not see any effects on it (depends on what you edit really, I believe those AI files are not definitive so say if you update the acceleration and top speed hugely the AI file works with that without editing, but say making it able to brake a lot later into corners it will not be able to do that.

So the AI change doesn't make the team faster on it's own (it can make it more consistent I believe though) but if you give a team a faster vtf it will get a little bit faster but it can't take full advantage of it, but if you give it both the AI and a vtf it makes the AI able to use the advantages of the performance file much better (though it still can't brake much later etc as those come from the brakelines).

So the AI change doesn't make the team faster on it's own (it can make it more consistent I believe though) but if you give a team a faster vtf it will get a little bit faster but it can't take full advantage of it, but if you give it both the AI and a vtf it makes the AI able to use the advantages of the performance file much better (though it still can't brake much later etc as those come from the brakelines).

so in the end, you can use the AI changes together with the normal performance change to make the changes more effective right? If you put mercedes engine on mcaren for example, you will make them faster and if you change the AI, it will make them even faster because it will make them reach the ful potential of the mercedes engine? Am i correct?
So far i was only changing the engine, aero and chassis in the ERPs without the AI changes and i was able to make the changes i needed for my career (make mclaren faster, make red bull faster, make the field more even) so i guess i dont need the AI changes.

How does one make an 'sfc' decal file? Say for instance I've made the Toro Rosso a Ford F1 car. There is still a silvery shadow over all the decals from which I'm assuming to be the unedited sfc file.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back