F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

You have to edit the decals of the team with photoshop for example. You can use paint.net or gimp too :)
Yeah, i know that :D I asked a bit wrong, sorry^^

The problem is: The Background is black, but Renault also has black sponsors, so i cant see them on the file, now i wonder how i can make them visible and also change them.

Yeah, i know that :D I asked a bit wrong, sorry^^

The problem is: The Background is black, but Renault also has black sponsors, so i cant see them on the file, now i wonder how i can make them visible and also change them.

Alpha channels. In Photoshop, use them to select the black and make it whatever color you want. Anything in pure white (255,255,255) will show up on the car. Anything in pure black (0,0,0) will not.

Very important to learn how Alpha Channels work if you're going to be modding skins.

renault_alpha.jpg

This tutorial is dated, but still very accurate: Photoshop Alpha Channel Transparency Mask Tutorial

Last edited:
Is there a reason why my modded skins are desaturated? My helmet looked good but now it's not very vibrant and the mclaren is grey, not black. First photo is how my helmet should look and 2nd photo is how my career setup looks (weird).
y5TsXkd.png

6831aded92ec03dda97383f64fbb6cab.jpg

Is there a reason why my modded skins are desaturated? My helmet looked good but now it's not very vibrant and the mclaren is grey, not black. First photo is how my helmet should look and 2nd photo is how my career setup looks (weird).
y5TsXkd.png

6831aded92ec03dda97383f64fbb6cab.jpg
It happened to me the same. I instaled the mod again step by step to see which part was doing the grey mclaren but surprisely it Worked just with the second instalation

hello here,
I'm looking tutorial how to mod F1 series.
My first goal is to open original model. maybe you have good link for the fest tutorial.

Regards

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back