F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Is there a way to change the driver faces like in F1 2016? I dont mean the photos, but the face model? So you dont have only text driver transfer and helmet, but also model change for cutscenes? thanks
I've tried, here's some of the results (same method as in 2016)
zbja9dQ.jpg

lajYPAw.jpg

tmlPGer.jpg

76kGjMY.jpg

Me too.

Oh and another question I have: How do you get your new helmet model to work with the classic cars?
At least I'm not the only one :rolleyes:

As for you question, I'm not sure as I didn't try to do it, but I guess you have to change the same textures in the other incardriver file, the one inside asset_groups>animation_package>scenes>incardriver>1980

At least I'm not the only one :rolleyes:

As for you question, I'm not sure as I didn't try to do it, but I guess you have to change the same textures in the other incardriver file, the one inside asset_groups>animation_package>scenes>incardriver>1980
I thought as much. And maybe mess around with the career_1995_ferrari files, too?

I'm trying to edit some decals, but when I open up the files in PS they're just a solid black. I tried follow a tutorial posted a few pages back, but it got me nowhere. I can't figure out how to make the decals show up, the whole file is always just a solid color.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm currently trying out a mod that requires me to alter the rev range of the 2017 cars, but have hit a bit of a snag when it comes to adjusting the shift lights. I know how to alter the rev limiter and adjust the power splines on the cars to get the engine revs and power up, but I'm completely stumped as to how to change when the shift lights activate for the modified engine revs. Does anyone know what controls this?

Can someone help me with what DDS photoshop plugin should i be using on what? Some people say you should be using Intel DDS textureworks and some people say you need NVIDIA DDS plugin. So which one of these? Does it matter? Is one better than the other? Or is one used for something specific and the other for something else?

Can someone help me with what DDS photoshop plugin should i be using on what? Some people say you should be using Intel DDS textureworks and some people say you need NVIDIA DDS plugin. So which one of these? Does it matter? Is one better than the other? Or is one used for something specific and the other for something else?
you need the intel one. As far as I'm aware you can't even load up a lot of the textures if they are exported in their real format (so EEA 5.2 or above used to export) . And you can't save them in their correct formats either. The textures are largely now the srgb versions of the formats used last year and before, which you can only save with the intel one. It also allows you to do BC7 textures which are used for a lot of UI stuff.
There is no problem editing it but if i am in the game. My Intention was to make a jaguar out of the RedBull and i changed the color of the paint.dds and the paint.c.dds (or something like this) to green. But when i start the game the color is a strange white. Why is this?
Did you use the newest EEA version (6.1) and save with the Intel plugin using BC3 Srgb format with mipmaps auto generated?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.7%