F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys,
I'm trying to make a custom helmet, I followed the instructions in this video but in game the helmet is just blue with some white dots on it.
I have indeed used a lot of blue in the design but no white. Any ideas on what to do?
Thanks.

Guys please help.
Before https://imgur.com/MJGh6YT
After merged down
d9ico9Z
https://imgur.com/d9ico9Z
why that lines dissapear after merge?

I downloaded the Jaguar skin but the black is rather purple and i made my toyota skin,in photo mode its correct with red and white but in game it is only white, also aston martin skin i downloaded, the colors are whey off in that one too.
PS! sorry for my bad english

Im not sure if this was asked before but,
I added my custom helmet to the game it works perfect in career mode, it shows the orginal gen helmet in time trials and when driving classic cars.
Is there another file i need to replace.

My helmet replaced gen04 in the incardriver.erp and replaced the gen04 mipmap in character_package/drivers/male/unbranded gen04/textures

Thanks.

Im not sure if this was asked before but,
I added my custom helmet to the game it works perfect in career mode, it shows the orginal gen helmet in time trials and when driving classic cars.
Is there another file i need to replace.

My helmet replaced gen04 in the incardriver.erp and replaced the gen04 mipmap in character_package/drivers/male/unbranded gen04/textures

Thanks.
You need to replace it in the ERP's in both the 1980 and the 2017 folders.

Can I ask if anyone knows why this happens
When I play as a modded driver with a modded helmet it looks like this:
20171026185555_1.jpg
But if I am a different driver and I view the modded driver in the instant replay it looks like this:
20171026185733_1.jpg
But if I view a non-modded driver it looks like this:
20171026185750_1.jpg
Is it me incorrectly modding, my graphics settings or just something that happens to everyone?

View attachment 218772 But if I am a different driver and I view the modded driver in the instant replay it looks like this:
View attachment 218773 But if I view a non-modded driver it looks like this:
View attachment 218774 Is it me incorrectly modding, my graphics settings or just something that happens to everyone?
Happens to me as well

View attachment 218772 But if I am a different driver and I view the modded driver in the instant replay it looks like this:
View attachment 218773 But if I view a non-modded driver it looks like this:
View attachment 218774 Is it me incorrectly modding, my graphics settings or just something that happens to everyone?
I believe this is a result of some mipmaps not being the correct type, which EEA version have you used to import this?

Does anyone else is experiencing the impossiblity to set lap times in Time Trial and to obtain achievements? I finally moved to Ferrari in career, and won my first race, but didn't get the achievement (didn't get the one for completing a full 20 races season neither). In Time Trial the first flying lap seems fine, but from the second onwards I don't have a ghost and the timer displays that I'm 40+ seconds slower than before. When leaving the session I get the message "Congratulations, your lap has been updated..." but then it's not on the leaderbords nor it appears in the TT menu.

I was thinking that this happens because I took a look in the teams performances, but after messing around I always put back the original file, and my other mods are just helmets, can I do something about this situation?

Does anyone else is experiencing the impossiblity to set lap times in Time Trial and to obtain achievements? I finally moved to Ferrari in career, and won my first race, but didn't get the achievement (didn't get the one for completing a full 20 races season neither). In Time Trial the first flying lap seems fine, but from the second onwards I don't have a ghost and the timer displays that I'm 40+ seconds slower than before. When leaving the session I get the message "Congratulations, your lap has been updated..." but then it's not on the leaderbords nor it appears in the TT menu.

I was thinking that this happens because I took a look in the teams performances, but after messing around I always put back the original file, and my other mods are just helmets, can I do something about this situation?
Me too.

Oh and another question I have: How do you get your new helmet model to work with the classic cars?

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the driver faces like in F1 2016? I dont mean the photos, but the face model? So you dont have only text driver transfer and helmet, but also model change for cutscenes? thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.