F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys. Multiple problems but I know you guys are clever so maybe someone can help me :D
1. How can I change car skins (maybe without PS)?
2. Specifically how can I change the driver number on the skin?
3. How can I edit the team performances? (If you watch aarava MyDriver Season 4, you probably know what I mean. I already got a hint by someone but I didn´t get more clever unfortunately)
4. How can I change driver nationalities?
5. Is there something like a Database F1 2014-style? Something where you can basically edit the whole spirit of the game?
That´s all for now :D Sorry if I annoy, I´m better in 2014 modding but this game is hard to get used to for me as a modder (and as a driver :whistling:).
(you can use gimp or paint.net as long as it edits DDS files
2. Edit the number file in the .erp and change it to be the file of an other number
3. there's some tutorials in here on which file to modify. Aarav doesn't use a season/career mode only single races so you can't do it the same way
4. not possible
5. no. Not at least one we can edit.

Hi! I have some questions about the performance in F1 2016? How can i edit this performance in all cars? What tools i need for edit the performance? How I can edit them yields of them cars? Thanks and regards!

Hi! I have some questions about the performance in F1 2016? How can i edit this performance in all cars? What tools i need for edit the performance? How I can edit them yields of them cars? Thanks and regards!
For example to change McLaren performance:
Go to asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep
Open mclaren.erp with Ego Erp Archiver
Under XML files there should be a mclaren.vtf
Go to XML files -> export and save it
You can edit the file with Notepad++
Some examples of things you can change:
* FuelECU - FuelBurnScale, FuelPowerScale ... ie. FuelPowerScale can be used similarly to engine_power_scale used in the previous games' ctf files. I haven't tried FuelBurnScale at 0.0, but 0.1 even works with FuelPowerScale greater than 1.25. Fun stuff if you want ridiculous wheelspin (FPS=2.0) or more severe variation through the fuel mixes, etc.
* BrakeECU - BrakeFront, BrakeRear
* Chassis - Mass
* Tyre (Front, Rear) - MinGrip, MaxGrip, GripMultiplier
* Engine, FuelTank, FuelECU, BrakeECU, Chassis, Steering, CoreAero, Differential, Brake, Tyre, Suspension, Wheel, etc
You can also copy and paste whats in the mercedes file to the other cars to make them quicker.

Hello,
Is it possible to change the tyre allocation and mandatory tyres for each race?
I.e changing Monaco's tyres to US, S, M instead of US, SS, S. Just to bring a little variety in my seasons.
PS: I know i could just change the tyre wear from the origninal SS to the S but I want to have the colours aswell.

Hi,

I want Bottas at Mercedes and have been able to edit the skin with name and helmet etc, but how do you change the car number to his 77, thanks!
I think you'll have to edit that together from 2 numbers that have a seven in (e.g.17)
I'm probably wrong but *I think* it also has to be saved as DXT5?

Does anyone know about helmet editing, I have switched around verstappen and kvyats helmets and in game they are quite blurry does anyone know why this occurs?

Hey everyone o/
I am trying to mod my own helmet design into the game. I have chosen the 1st helmet in the career menu set the colours to RGB like i have seen a lot of times but when i import the dds for my texture the helmet is not there in-game. Do i have to export the DDS in a certain setting and what Minimaps setting should i have?

Thanks, Sam

Hey everyone o/
I am trying to mod my own helmet design into the game. I have chosen the 1st helmet in the career menu set the colours to RGB like i have seen a lot of times but when i import the dds for my texture the helmet is not there in-game. Do i have to export the DDS in a certain setting and what Minimaps setting should i have?

Thanks, Sam
Are you using a custom _s texture and importing with EEAv5?
If so try using EEAv4.4 for your _s.

The helmets should be saved as DXT1 no alpha and generate mipmaps should be ticked.

Are you using a custom _s texture and importing with EEAv5?
If so try using EEAv4.4 for your _s.

The helmets should be saved as DXT1 no alpha and generate mipmaps should be ticked.
Thanks so much! I was using 5.0 and it would not work. Just used 4.4 for the first time and it works. Thanks for quick response!

Hello everyone, maybe this question has already been responded to, but I will still ask :

I heard that it was possible to use the 2014 Supla helmet pack on F1 2016, but I don't know how to do so. I mean I don't know how to put one of these helmets into my 2016 game.

Thanks for the help !
Yes it is possible, The helmet layout is identical to that of 2016, all it takes is converting them manually.. I am suprised nobody has done it yet (as far as I have seen) I considered doing it however busy with 2017 SM for 2014 & 2016

-Kris

Yes it is possible, The helmet layout is identical to that of 2016, all it takes is converting them manually.. I am suprised nobody has done it yet (as far as I have seen) I considered doing it however busy with 2017 SM for 2014 & 2016

-Kris
I've ported some for my own private career, but I'm not sure about uploading someone else's work to the modding section without permission - Supla seems to be inactive given he hasn't responded to those asking if they can be ported to F1 2016.

Hello, I'm having some problems with F1 2016, it runs nice and smooth on vanilla and with mods too. The problem is anytime I put a mod on the game will crash, sometimes I may get a race completed without a crash, other times not even to turn one. It happens with any mod I download or make, if anyone knows a solution or anything any help is appreciated

I've ported some for my own private career, but I'm not sure about uploading someone else's work to the modding section without permission - Supla seems to be inactive given he hasn't responded to those asking if they can be ported to F1 2016.
Supla either doesn't check the F1 forums, or has packed up modding all together.. Which is a shame because in my opinion, he was by far the best helmet creator we have seen for the f1 games. However I wouldn't see an issue with releasing them for 2016 given you give 100% credit to him and link his profile, original download etc

-Kris

Please check out version 5.1 and let me know if the issue is fixed!
Yeah sure, I'm In work all tomorrow so the next chance I will get is late tomorrow night. I will give it a go. However I'm not sure it was a problem with your software, it might have been me messing up the DDS settings. But I will try all the ways I did before :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.