F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Can someone tell me what I exactly have to change in the .vtf File for example for Straightline Speed or Aero or I don't know Engine Power that sort of stuff. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Supla either doesn't check the F1 forums, or has packed up modding all together.. Which is a shame because in my opinion, he was by far the best helmet creator we have seen for the f1 games. However I wouldn't see an issue with releasing them for 2016 given you give 100% credit to him and link his profile, original download etc

-Kris
Turns out supla isn't inactive (last posted a month ago, last visited 14 hours ago)
I've commented on pack to to ask if I can port it - but I highly doubt he will reply.

• Deleted member 211524

How can I change the vehicles performance?

To change driver / team names:
  1. Download Ryder Language Editor from ->https://sourceforge.net/projects/petars-programs/ and extract it
  2. Open Ego Language Editor.exe and go file->open and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\localisation
  3. Find the language you want to edit _ger for german, _eng for english and open it
  4. Then to change Saubers name to Alpha Romeo go to edit-> find and type lng_team_sau_title and replace Sauber F1 team with Alpha Romeo
  5. To Change Drivers name e.g Button to Vandoorne go to edit->find and type lng_drivers_mclaren and replace the J.Button to S.Vandoorne (or whatever driver you want). Then find lng_jenson_button and change it to Stoffel Vandoorne. Finally change lng_button to Vandoorne.
  6. Save the updated language file and overwrite the previous one but make sure you back it up.
I don't think we can change drivers nationalities though
So you only have to change lng_[lastname] and lng_[firstname]_[lastname] and not lng_[firstname] ?

Has anyone figured out how to use the model of another car on another one? Aarava said he knows how to do so but I havn't seen any tutorial to do so (or any mods using that).

Has anyone figured out how to use the model of another car on another one? Aarava said he knows how to do so but I havn't seen any tutorial to do so (or any mods using that).
Have you got a link? I remember one time he made a Ferrari on a Mercedes chassis but that was just a painted red Mercedes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back