F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

hi guys another silly question... but does anyone have any tutorial on how to mod or change the finish of the car? just say changing the finish of a sauber car to maybe a matte like redbull maybe? thanks.

Hi my dearest F1 friends ,

i have a question ... Where can i change the names of the F1-pilots ... let's say i want to change the name of Alonso into Stoffel Vandoorne .... how can i do that ...

Question 2 ... is there a mod for F1 2015 .... with the exact same teams as in real life for this season (2016) .

Thank you so very much !

Greeeeeetzzzzzzz.......

I made a generic guide for a lot of CMs game for changing driver names. It might help you:
http://ego-engine.wikia.com/wiki/Change_Driver_Names

Hi guys,

I'm just getting into F1 modding. I've downloaded a couple with success! I'm planning on doing a Career Mode for YT, but what I want to do extends beyond what I can do by simply downloading skins. I understand 2016 isn't the most mod friendly game, but all I want to do is some livery and driver changes, but I don't know how to do that. I was wondering if anyone couple help me out, and show me how to mod myself. Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm just getting into F1 modding. I've downloaded a couple with success! I'm planning on doing a Career Mode for YT, but what I want to do extends beyond what I can do by simply downloading skins. I understand 2016 isn't the most mod friendly game, but all I want to do is some livery and driver changes, but I don't know how to do that. I was wondering if anyone couple help me out, and show me how to mod myself. Thanks
there's a tutorial on livery modding with photoshop, similar technique for other programs
http://ego-engine.wikia.com/wiki/Change_Driver_Names and that's for the names

So, i tried to change the decals, but, as soon as i am at the part to export i get problems, i click on export, then save, then it says i have to choose a file (i normaly use the default paint file), and then open it in Photoshop and there i have the whole thing like 10 times, how can i change this?

Thanks mate, that video really helped. I've started changing liveries and helmets with great success! Do you know how to make driver changes? I want to move JB to Mercedes (Brawn), and partner him in career, but I don't know how

I've worked out how to change names and helmets. Is it possible to change the driver numbers too? Looks a bit weird with JB driving around in a Brawn baring the number 44

I've worked out how to change names and helmets. Is it possible to change the driver numbers too? Looks a bit weird with JB driving around in a Brawn baring the number 44
I think it would be possible to edit the AI number if you edit the number mipmap for that number to have the other number instead

I think it would be possible to edit the AI number if you edit the number mipmap for that number to have the other number instead

Or just rename the team_driver_xx.tga.mipmaps of the number you want to the "main number" of that driver.

For example: If you want Haryanto to have the number "04" rename marussia_driver_04.tga.mipmaps to marussia_driver_88.tga.mipmaps

Tested it on Haryanto (Trulli for me.) and it seems to work.

So, i tried to change the decals, but, as soon as i am at the part to export i get problems, i click on export, then save, then it says i have to choose a file (i normaly use the default paint file), and then open it in Photoshop and there i have the whole thing like 10 times, how can i change this?
Is this option ticked when you open it?
ps.png

I looked up everywhere and I can't seem to change the nationality of a driver(I wanna change Button to Vandoorne) I changed Buttons name to Vandoorne, his number, his helmet, but I can't find the database file where I can change his nationality...do you guys have a clue?

I looked up everywhere and I can't seem to change the nationality of a driver(I wanna change Button to Vandoorne) I changed Buttons name to Vandoorne, his number, his helmet, but I can't find the database file where I can change his nationality...do you guys have a clue?
You can't do it at the moment.
My guess is that it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\game_package\gamedatabases

You can't do it at the moment.
My guess is that it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\game_package\gamedatabases
Hm, I exported the content of the erp file with the use of Ryders ERP Archiver, but all I ended up with was a !!!temp000 file...simply putting .bin at the end and trying to open it with the db editor didn't work...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.