F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

So were driver transfers planned? Don't see why Crofty would say this otherwise, and Kvyat went the other way. Hope for 2017...

Attachments

• bvhjbjknjkkkl.jpg
    bvhjbjknjkkkl.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 467
I'd like to change the decals of the Manor to fit my own team. I made the main paint in DXT1 and there is no problem the car is good but when i try to save the new decals file in DXT5 the result is very strange. In the game one time i have the car all white except the decals, another time the car was invisible except the driver and the wheels... What i'm doing wrong in this procces:
  • export the decals file from the erp with EEA V4 in DDS format
  • open it in Photoshop
  • redraw the decal
  • save as dds DXT5 with the Nvidia Plugin (is's ther i think there is a probleme because i see that the transparency of the file goes white or black????)
  • import the new dds in EEA V4, it ask me to overwrite the mipmap file
  • and save the erp...
Is there some one who can help me with this, please?????

I'd like to change the decals of the Manor to fit my own team. I made the main paint in DXT1 and there is no problem the car is good but when i try to save the new decals file in DXT5 the result is very strange. In the game one time i have the car all white except the decals, another time the car was invisible except the driver and the wheels... What i'm doing wrong in this procces:
  • open it in Photoshop
  • redraw the decal
  • save as dds DXT5 with the Nvidia Plugin (is's ther i think there is a probleme because i see that the transparency of the file goes white or black????)
  • and save the erp...
can you maybe post screenshots of what it looks like in photoshop compared to the game?

Howdy everyone. Not been playing F1 since 2010 and 2011 - but I heard this update was good so have happily come back.I'm currently checking out the modding tools these days (as all I remember was the database editor back in 2010) so I was wondering if anyone who has a head start on the area I am interested to mod.

Looking at the situation of RnD in regards to being able to develop most things within a couple of seasons for the most part - I was wondering if we have the ability to mod (in order from most likely to be configurable to least):

1. The cost of RnD (whether this is a blanket or Per Upgrade or by Car)
  2. The effect of RnD (and whether this would be reflected in the team's development standings and expectations.
  3. The length of time that an RnD component takes to be available to use (instead of everything being available next race).
  4. Removing an RnD component (say, at the end of each season, you lose One level of each of the five categorie, including their bonuses. This ensures you must still do RnD each year to keep your car Current)
Thanks for anyone with any information

Red
With that file petar attached I was able to find two strings
ResourcePoints
ComResourcePoints
This might mean we can change the ai's resource points if the db is decompilable.
Also in those strings was the ai aggression and corner in/out speed

Hmm... This seems like a pain the ass. There is one more file "tyrecompounds" i believe that were used in 2015 for grip mod, but the file inside is a bit different in 2016.
This one?
grip.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds

• open it in Photoshop
  • redraw the decal
  • and save the erp...

View attachment 152503
I have a similar problem save dtx5 imported with ERP and get this
Sbnwu2pn8zpj6dgFQqbfykxwv-UPyfM6qw8ABRj6Xa9GCfnmwr_4eokAH-rGGzlU_G3y_sGDRXVcPmQSkwPsrOXjAe9qRblcWijyLh-zgsMafDEo3XZhtdNFGiHtkhEbnMoBtJF5tShIICo4JF_hu29On86R9OEDx171snFRSA3KhxZ1sTF3fszW3UowbbQpDAjh_yta0GmOgDlSDhKZLdPYpd_90Uf66x05vLMS8n-PW2vN3_7pDxprvdkmpIwc81-06NVWKLOErLLmUPdHkfXsTB5LcWHMx_3-jxP9NwZYYiEirbLMZMA0l8Ls6Xxunvt1Q5z2srtEZDIZw1-zRHjizOr0bV5WLYB8tIWLuXShGanTlorqoLR-5asJDL0nHCkNlE4OHgRaPHukJSD7y_NW5xhKJcbRhqHJX0Yo-ivQN5aTFP6jSAoBjD2_5JtU9CsqnN58Ub43N_UwTaYHC3tDFoQd-8512JfPaYOfDjDw3zb3EootTe49xa-i0x_FMl8aeXLj0UFAW2K2kbf3sk-dIMHyEnp-GeTIw2gh8YBUkn31GKuy44D5KIG3NheykaNi0hrBQ5yuEJyqAmwlLw70xk0EIzdqKOP9f4vBoVNhr3YR=w1757-h988-no

Feel free to send me a direct message with your textures and info, and I'll see if I can find out what's going wrong.

I was wondering if maybe it would be possible to use the more detailed helmet shape of the ai drivers for the career helmets. It would look so much better in the cut scenes with the winglets and carbon visor shield.

Could we use for example bottas helmet file and rename it to career helmet file then paint it?

I would like this to be possible as well. Can someone make this happen?

With that file petar attached I was able to find two strings
ResourcePoints
ComResourcePoints
This might mean we can change the ai's resource points if the db is decompilable.
Also in those strings was the ai aggression and corner in/out speed

Well, that's shame, Gone are the days of having a editable database to customize the game. Here's hoping a toold comes out for that somday. Thanks for the update though - it looks like our gameplay modability has been quite a bit diminished.

How about save editing capabilities or is that too encoded beyond and of the available compilers?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%