F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hi does anyone know where to put helmets for drivers, like i want to change drivers, say massa for kvyat how do i make it so the williams car has kvyat' helmet on it and can i use helmets from the past games like from 2014, thanks. As well, is there a way i can make a f1 team such as, replace sauber for lamborghini or something and get a skin online somewhere. Lastly can you change the nationality for them, thanks once again.
Use ERP archiver and put Kvyat's helmet into Massa's helmet, done :p

Hi does anyone know where to put helmets for drivers, like i want to change drivers, say massa for kvyat how do i make it so the williams car has kvyat' helmet on it and can i use helmets from the past games like from 2014, thanks. As well, is there a way i can make a f1 team such as, replace sauber for lamborghini or something and get a skin online somewhere. Lastly can you change the nationality for them, thanks once again.

1 - Yes. Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/incardriver/2016 and open incardriver.erp with the erp archiver found here: https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
Then, find daniil_kvyat_d.tga, and export the texture. Next, find felipe_massa_d.tga, and import the texture of Kvyat you just exported in. Finally, save the file. That should work.

2 - Yes. Assuming this (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-f1-2016.11956/) is the skin you want, the creator has fortunately made it very easy, simply extract the zip file using a program such as bandizip (https://www.bandisoft.com/bandizip/), and then copy the contents of the file named "F1 2016" into your F1 2016 folder, which you found in the previous step, and it should work fine.

3 - Unfortunately we haven't figured out how to do that yet, although I am working on finding the file locations for them when I can.

thank you guys. but the Lamborghini was an example say if i wanted to create my own team and my own livery, i know how to create livery how do i change the name of say the sauber team to british racing for example. do i just go in the language file?

thank you guys. but the Lamborghini was an example say if i wanted to create my own team and my own livery, i know how to create livery how do i change the name of say the sauber team to british racing for example. do i just go in the language file?

Yes, it's in the language file under lng_team_sau_title

just a silly question.. does anyone know how to change the face of career drivers? i dont like any of the faces in the avatar selection in career mode.. i tried to find it in incardriver but to no avail.. any help would be great thanks

just a silly question.. does anyone know how to change the face of career drivers? i dont like any of the faces in the avatar selection in career mode.. i tried to find it in incardriver but to no avail.. any help would be great thanks
I believe they're in character_package/heads then either male_generic or male_generic_driver

Is there a way to edit car performance in career? Mercedes are way out ahead in mine (yawn)
At the bottom of the handling .xml file (in the *team*.erp) there is the code for how much the upgrades boost performance. Try reducing these amounts and see if it has any effect.

I figured out a way as stated by cw above.. you can open the teamname.erp from assetgroup-f1vehiclepkg-team-wep

Then export the xml file using erp - edit with notepad and import back... hope it helps.. but sometimes moddong the perfomance too much wont let u save the game so be careful..

Don't get yourself all worked up about 3DSimED. I have the updated version and all it does for now is import the car models and the track models. If we could exported models I would of changed a few tracks and cars as well but unfortunate this is not the case.
What exact files can be viewed (filename) and exactly what folder. have updated version but no idea what to load in. erps don't load. help mate

You are not supposed to load the wep file but import it into 3DSimED.

Untitled.jpg

And what do I do to generally make the car more competitive? Will credit the person who helps me when the mod os released.

I did tell ya Mustart that I was going to be away for the whole of last week as it was babygirl's half term. But it seems CW has told you how to manipulate the areas you mostly require. The issues you will have is understanding the balance between the adjustments you make and the performance on track (check out the graphs I made in this thread - I'm still trying to understand the nuances of the engines).

One thing I found interesting is that the Engine Improvements per Upgrade is a addition upgrade, but the Rich Fuel Mix variable is actually a multiplier - making it seem that running on Rich is so much better then engine upgrades... (I am currently doing work to see just how much Rich is better and seeing where the balance is on Running on Rich with lots of extra fuel vs Running on Standard with less fuel - as each KG modifies the chassis weight identical to the upgrades).

The flamingred said you could alter the reliability of the engine. Any way to do that?

The reliability of engines can be modded... but it is REALLY standarised. I.e., you can set it so that the engine wears almost the same amount each GP. So you end up with Vanilla where you cannot really see any engine wear, or you can have your engine smoking at the end of each race, or have it bowling up each race. There isn't much inbetween - and will be the same for every race. The same can be done with engine temperatures and gearbox issues.

Its not a very good feature for the game like it is, which is why there's hardly any reliability issues in the vanilla game. - but the good news, with my next mod which I intend to Generate your cars performance file between each race, I can artificially create engine unreliability which isn't uniform.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone worked out how to change driver nationalities yet? For Career Mode? (Replacing Massa with Stroll etc..)

EDIT: Sorry literally just seen you're still working on this.

I search for a mod wich when we crash into a tyrewall, our car fits into the tyres as in reality, if it's possible...
monaco-verstappen-wall.jpg

I think, in this game the tyrewall must have a rigidity wich we can change if we find their properties :)
Thank you and have a nice day... ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back