F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

• Deleted member 161052

Hi. may i ask which files did you swapped and the location of the files? Thanks in advance.
  • f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling\mclaren.vtf.erp
and
  • f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mercedes\handling\mercedes.vtf.erp

@Petar Tasev WOW!! Had almost given up on F1 2015 modding, but your updated tools have re-invigorated enthusiasm for the game. It was looking so dire for a long while. Amazing stuff!!

You can use @Petar Tasev's tools to edit some car performance files.

Tools you'll need:
* Petar Tasev's Modding Applications
* Ego ERP Archiver - EEA 2.0.2015.1102.zip
* Ego BXML Converter - EBC 5.0.2015.0805.zip
* (optional) Notepad++, Notepad++ Compare plugin

I haven't scrutinized the entire game file structure, but it seems most (if not all) .erp files can be extracted & repacked. Here's a basic example for editing 2015 Ferrari car performance (which was recently alluded to by @Mantas Jokubauskas in a recent post). Taking an ELI5 approach (apologize in advance if it offends anyone) ...
  1. Open the target .erp in EEA (Ego ERP Archiver) = \F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari.vtf.erp
  2. (EEA) Select "Archive-Export All" to extract the contents (to a separate temp folder) = (temp folder)\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  3. Convert the .vtf to editable .xml = Drag & drop the ferrari!!!temp000.vtf file onto EBC (Ego BXML Converter) executable or shortcut.
  4. Edit the ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml file using a text editor. Notepad++ (with compare plugin) is a handy way to compare edited files to a saved default backup, etc.
  5. Replace the original .vtf file with the edited .xml file but maintaining the .vtf file's original name: ie. ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml renamed to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  6. (EEA) Select "Archive-Import All" to import the edited .vtf file.
  7. (EEA) Select "File-Save" to save the updated .erp file.
  8. You can re-export the edited .erp file to test if the modded files were imported correctly, etc.
Small sample of performance stuff to mess with:
* FuelECU - FuelBurnScale, FuelPowerScale ... ie. FuelPowerScale can be used similarly to engine_power_scale used in the previous games' ctf files. I haven't tried FuelBurnScale at 0.0, but 0.1 even works with FuelPowerScale greater than 1.25. Fun stuff if you want ridiculous wheelspin (FPS=2.0) or more severe variation through the fuel mixes, etc.
* BrakeECU - BrakeFront, BrakeRear
* Chassis - Mass
* Tyre (Front, Rear) - MinGrip, MaxGrip, GripMultiplier
* Engine, FuelTank, FuelECU, BrakeECU, Chassis, Steering, CoreAero, Differential, Brake, Tyre, Suspension, Wheel, etc.

It appears the .vtf file has most (if not all) of the car performance settings used in previous games' ctf files. All we need now is for Petar Tasev to update his CTF Editor to handle .vtf files. Enjoy.

hello, i have been trying to improve the mclaren honda's car performance and also i have followed these instructions(the 8 points) i have done it till 5th point, which is till renaming the edited .xml (ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml renamed to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf) but after this i couldnt import the .vtf file on EEA. where as EEA takes only .erp files. i'm so confused and stuck after the 5th point. could you please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

@imNaresh
The example I gave was for Ferrari. So, to modify McLaren:
  1. In EEA, open mclaren.vtf.erp >> F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling\mclaren.vtf.erp
  2. In EEA, select Archive - Export All - (select target folder to extract the mclaren!!!temp000.vtf file) >> (target folder)\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling\mclaren!!!temp000.vtf
  3. Convert the .vtf to .xml (drag & drop to Ego BXML Converter) = mclaren!!!temp000.C.xml
  4. Edit the .xml in a text editor.
  5. Delete original mclaren!!!temp000.vtf file (backup if necessary).
  6. Rename mclaren!!!temp000.C.xml to mclaren!!!temp000.vtf.
  7. In EEA, select Archive - Import All (and just press 'OK' without changing the folder location - or else it won't import the correct file, etc).
  8. In EEA, select File - Save - (overwrite mclaren.vtf.erp).

Last edited:
@imNaresh
The example I gave was for Ferrari. So, to modify McLaren:
  1. In EEA, open mclaren.vtf.erp >> F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling\mclaren.vtf.erp
  2. In EEA, select Archive - Export All - (select target folder to extract the mclaren!!!temp000.vtf file) >> (target folder)\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\handling\mclaren!!!temp000.vtf
  3. Convert the .vtf to .xml (drag & drop to Ego BXML Converter) = mclaren!!!temp000.C.xml
  4. Edit the .xml in a text editor.
  5. Delete original mclaren!!!temp000.vtf file (backup if necessary).
  6. Rename mclaren!!!temp000.C.xml to mclaren!!!temp000.vtf.
  7. In EEA, select Archive - Import All (and just press 'OK' without changing the folder location - or else it won't import the correct file, etc).
  8. In EEA, select File - Save - (overwrite mclaren.vtf.erp).
Very kind. Thank you so much!

Someone who know how to change T-cam?
This view would be much more immersive than the default (awful) one.
Screenshot_20151227-214357.png

One thing, I have been thinking of, introducing Safety Car Model and F1 2014 Safety Cars config (archive where you can configure). If someone knows this information, tell me, I will try it.

Someone has the Realistic Damage Mod for F1 2015?

Can someone please explain to me how to edit the car performances that would be so great. I see some people saying the edit the car performance but i see no way to open up the database file

View attachment 110973 View attachment 110974
So I've swapped McLaren's and Mercedes' performance files together, and this is what I've got. Took a quick race and selected Button as a player. This is what McLaren's qualifying position would look like and Mercedes' qualifying position if these two teams' performance was swapped.

It applies for the AI too.
hello, i have been trying to improve Mclaren honda's car performance from very long ago but i could not do it. may i ask if you can upload this improved mclaren honda's file which is (.vtf). it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back