F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

i am currently unable to isolate the files, maybe im being stupid, however for some reason, the disc doesnt install to steam apps, but presumably to a temporary folder somewhere, and only installs once patches have been applied. you cannot install without steam nor without internet connection.
I see, nowadays one can't install games without the latest patches anymore, it seems. One more reason I dislike Steam. Consoles can play offline with disc but PC ... so the only funny way to grab the original livery would be to install the disc using a steambypassingillegalyarrrrrr ... *sigh*

So will the modding be more like 2014/2013 or 2012? Guessing modders are gonna be handcuffed at best, right?
Hard to say. We can change a lot of textures for sure now (garages, tracks, cars, people, other stuff), but everything else is a no-go ATM, unless the ERP Decrypter gets updated again or we'll get additional plugins/tools to work with files.

Hard to say. We can change a lot of textures for sure now (garages, tracks, cars, people, other stuff)....
Thanks for the response.
With regards to the cars, it would seem it's still just a base color change with an accompanying logo file that can only replace logos, correct? We wouldn't be able to completely reskin a car from nothing, adding new patterns/designs, we'd still be limited to the actual design/logo placement of the particular car in the game?

Remember me from F1 2014? I created the first 2015 mod. Anyway I quit the community last year cos I started playing Forza and F1 2015 was unmoddable, but now I am back. Now 3 questions.
1. Does anyone know where I can get the editors for F1 2015?
2. Does anyone know I can't remember her name I think it was like Pamela but that girl who created skins for F1 2014. Is she still here? I wanted to talk to her about a collab.
3. Does anyone know where I can get in contact with Petar? I wanted to talk to him about some new editors and decrypting the files.
See ya round!

Remember me from F1 2014? I created the first 2015 mod. Anyway I quit the community last year cos I started playing Forza and F1 2015 was unmoddable, but now I am back. Now 3 questions.
1. Does anyone know where I can get the editors for F1 2015?
2. Does anyone know I can't remember her name I think it was like Pamela but that girl who created skins for F1 2014. Is she still here? I wanted to talk to her about a collab.
3. Does anyone know where I can get in contact with Petar? I wanted to talk to him about some new editors and decrypting the files.
See ya round!

Hey guy, last time you were here, you were messing around with AI pace on F1 2014 I think. Or was it tire wear? Anyhow, as far as F1 2015 modding is concerned, it is a completely different animal. Just take a read here on the modding forum and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guy, last time you were here, you were messing around with AI pace on F1 2014 I think. Or was it tire wear? Anyhow, as far as F1 2015 modding is concerned, it is a completely different animal. Just take a read here on the modding forum and you will see what I mean.
Yeah thats me, but what I meant was how did those skinners make those mods? Like what tool?

Yeah thats me, but what I meant was how did those skinners make those mods? Like what tool?
EGO ERP Archiver
http://modding.petartasev.com/
You're able to decompress texture files without any big problems at the moment, everything else - still no idea where to begin.

EDIT:
Thanks for the response.
With regards to the cars, it would seem it's still just a base color change with an accompanying logo file that can only replace logos, correct? We wouldn't be able to completely reskin a car from nothing, adding new patterns/designs, we'd still be limited to the actual design/logo placement of the particular car in the game?
For now. Until we'll be able to open idf (probably model of the car, logo placement and so on), we're "stuck" with that.

EDIT 2:
I'll add a handling file (.vtf) converted with BXML converter. Car is 2015 Ferrari. Enjoy looking at some interesting details. (Like 9thGear and KERS :D) (Had to save as txt while opened.)

Attachments

• ferrari!!!temp000.C.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
EGO ERP Archiver
http://modding.petartasev.com/
You're able to decompress texture files without any big problems at the moment, everything else - still no idea where to begin.

EDIT:

For now. Until we'll be able to open idf (probably model of the car, logo placement and so on), we're "stuck" with that.

EDIT 2:
I'll add a handling file (.vtf) converted with BXML converter. Car is 2015 Ferrari. Enjoy looking at some interesting details. (Like 9thGear and KERS :D) (Had to save as txt while opened.)
Thx m8

Regarding cameras...
I'm still not 100% sure, but I guess the files for cameras (at least TV replay cams or something) can be found in f1_2014_environment_package\tracks\(track)\splines. Although no idea what to do with files (.spline).
Regarding car cameras... no idea for now. I thought they might be in ui_package, but I guess I'm wrong.

this happens after i import an edited file. anyone??
Untitled.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back