F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

... Edit: The super basic version is now out. Try it out, and let me know if you have problems. http://modding.petartasev.com/
@Petar Tasev WOW!! Had almost given up on F1 2015 modding, but your updated tools have re-invigorated enthusiasm for the game. It was looking so dire for a long while. Amazing stuff!!

... :p i want to edit car performance , Faster AI and database ...
can someone explain to me haow people can change the grip levels? the erp editor is only for opening textures, not the databases.
... The question that i have is why can a guy edit the grip level but we can only edit the textures ? Even the language files are able for edit. I don´t know why. Could anybody explane that please ?

You can use @Petar Tasev's tools to edit some car performance files.

Tools you'll need:
* Petar Tasev's Modding Applications
* Ego ERP Archiver - EEA 2.0.2015.1102.zip
* Ego BXML Converter - EBC 5.0.2015.0805.zip
* (optional) Notepad++, Notepad++ Compare plugin

I haven't scrutinized the entire game file structure, but it seems most (if not all) .erp files can be extracted & repacked. Here's a basic example for editing 2015 Ferrari car performance (which was recently alluded to by @Mantas Jokubauskas in a recent post). Taking an ELI5 approach (apologize in advance if it offends anyone) ...
  1. Open the target .erp in EEA (Ego ERP Archiver) = \F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari.vtf.erp
  2. (EEA) Select "Archive-Export All" to extract the contents (to a separate temp folder) = (temp folder)\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  3. Convert the .vtf to editable .xml = Drag & drop the ferrari!!!temp000.vtf file onto EBC (Ego BXML Converter) executable or shortcut.
  4. Edit the ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml file using a text editor. Notepad++ (with compare plugin) is a handy way to compare edited files to a saved default backup, etc.
  5. Replace the original .vtf file with the edited .xml file but maintaining the .vtf file's original name: ie. ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml renamed to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  6. (EEA) Select "Archive-Import All" to import the edited .vtf file.
  7. (EEA) Select "File-Save" to save the updated .erp file.
  8. You can re-export the edited .erp file to test if the modded files were imported correctly, etc.
Small sample of performance stuff to mess with:
* FuelECU - FuelBurnScale, FuelPowerScale ... ie. FuelPowerScale can be used similarly to engine_power_scale used in the previous games' ctf files. I haven't tried FuelBurnScale at 0.0, but 0.1 even works with FuelPowerScale greater than 1.25. Fun stuff if you want ridiculous wheelspin (FPS=2.0) or more severe variation through the fuel mixes, etc.
* BrakeECU - BrakeFront, BrakeRear
* Chassis - Mass
* Tyre (Front, Rear) - MinGrip, MaxGrip, GripMultiplier
* Engine, FuelTank, FuelECU, BrakeECU, Chassis, Steering, CoreAero, Differential, Brake, Tyre, Suspension, Wheel, etc.

It appears the .vtf file has most (if not all) of the car performance settings used in previous games' ctf files. All we need now is for Petar Tasev to update his CTF Editor to handle .vtf files. Enjoy.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Anyone has an idea for when we'll be able to modify car performance?
We can modify car performance. I tried making McLaren get Mercedes' performance and it worked for me :) Now I'll try to switch McLaren and Mercedes' car performances and I'll see what it'll look like...

• Deleted member 161052

F1_2015 2015-11-10 15-38-01-44.jpg
F1_2015 2015-11-10 15-38-04-37.jpg

So I've swapped McLaren's and Mercedes' performance files together, and this is what I've got. Took a quick race and selected Button as a player. This is what McLaren's qualifying position would look like and Mercedes' qualifying position if these two teams' performance was swapped.
but what about the AI performance file ?
It applies for the AI too.

haha.... i think the chrome effect has to do something with mclarec_sfc.tga, i don't know, personally i am terrible at modding and understanding the coding. maybe you can refer to last years livery, it had a chrome finish as well, that might help. but whatever you do, please upload it. good luck.
yes i used 2014 mclaren files to look how they did chrome on it but, its still not chrome, it looks only in cloudy/raining like silver but it might be ok if i couldnt fix it i will release a skin with number 0.9 and when its going to get perfect its going to be final it might take 1-3 days still need to look why i cant get these stripes too acurate...

Hey guys, I've got the following problem with modding the car textures and helmets:

Everytime I import the .dds file into the ERP Archiver and save the .erp file in the folder it belongs to (e.g. F1 2015 - f1_2014_character_package - drivers - 2015-mercedes_lewis_hamilton - textures) I cannot play the game because the .exe crashes after a minute. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? Thx a lot :)

@Petar Tasev WOW!! Had almost given up on F1 2015 modding, but your updated tools have re-invigorated enthusiasm for the game. It was looking so dire for a long while. Amazing stuff!!

You can use @Petar Tasev's tools to edit some car performance files.

Tools you'll need:
* Petar Tasev's Modding Applications
* Ego ERP Archiver - EEA 2.0.2015.1102.zip
* Ego BXML Converter - EBC 5.0.2015.0805.zip
* (optional) Notepad++, Notepad++ Compare plugin

I haven't scrutinized the entire game file structure, but it seems most (if not all) .erp files can be extracted & repacked. Here's a basic example for editing 2015 Ferrari car performance (which was recently alluded to by @Mantas Jokubauskas in a recent post). Taking an ELI5 approach (apologize in advance if it offends anyone) ...
  1. Open the target .erp in EEA (Ego ERP Archiver) = \F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari.vtf.erp
  2. (EEA) Select "Archive-Export All" to extract the contents (to a separate temp folder) = (temp folder)\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\handling\ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  3. Convert the .vtf to editable .xml = Drag & drop the ferrari!!!temp000.vtf file onto EBC (Ego BXML Converter) executable or shortcut.
  4. Edit the ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml file using a text editor. Notepad++ (with compare plugin) is a handy way to compare edited files to a saved default backup, etc.
  5. Replace the original .vtf file with the edited .xml file but maintaining the .vtf file's original name: ie. ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml renamed to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
  6. (EEA) Select "Archive-Import All" to import the edited .vtf file.
  7. (EEA) Select "File-Save" to save the updated .erp file.
  8. You can re-export the edited .erp file to test if the modded files were imported correctly, etc.
Small sample of performance stuff to mess with:
* FuelECU - FuelBurnScale, FuelPowerScale ... ie. FuelPowerScale can be used similarly to engine_power_scale used in the previous games' ctf files. I haven't tried FuelBurnScale at 0.0, but 0.1 even works with FuelPowerScale greater than 1.25. Fun stuff if you want ridiculous wheelspin (FPS=2.0) or more severe variation through the fuel mixes, etc.
* BrakeECU - BrakeFront, BrakeRear
* Chassis - Mass
* Tyre (Front, Rear) - MinGrip, MaxGrip, GripMultiplier
* Engine, FuelTank, FuelECU, BrakeECU, Chassis, Steering, CoreAero, Differential, Brake, Tyre, Suspension, Wheel, etc.

It appears the .vtf file has most (if not all) of the car performance settings used in previous games' ctf files. All we need now is for Petar Tasev to update his CTF Editor to handle .vtf files. Enjoy.

All we need now is for Petar Tasev to update his Database Editor , too

Petar Outstanding work!!!!!!!!!!!

Car modding is limited. We can create simple painting.

Look at the texture guys. One basic layer, one layer with all car logos..

lk96k3xq.jpg

8bhhjkzd.jpg

jh9s98ox.jpg

let's start test gloves and suit:sneaky:

To be honest, that is pretty frustrating - we've waited so long..only to change the basic colour of the car? What should we do with it? A green ferrari now or what? Petar did an amazing job, but I'm really disappointed with the result (which is of course Codies fault, not Petar's!) Hopefully we just missed something

How to edit the database to make specific teams faster or slower? I extracted the gamedatavalue files with the ERP extractor, but it didnt give me a file that looked like it could be used for anything

does anyone know how i can extract the car models? i want to do some 3d work in 3d studio max.
I was able to do this with the previous versions of the game.

I've got the ERP extractor, but the model files aren't the same.

best regards

I know we cannot edit them (hopefully not for long), but can somebody tell me where I can find the file or files that control the AI difficulty levels? They used to be a .xml file (ai_track_difficulties)

Hi. I'm just looking for a way to Convert PSSG files for F1 2015 game. I want to used 2 or 3 liveries from F1 2014 . Is there any other way to convert it ? I don't think it is possible for me to use the editor released. Or At least a good tutorial for using the editor may help me

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%