F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

Hi. I'm just looking for a way to Convert PSSG files for F1 2015 game. I want to used 2 or 3 liveries from F1 2014 . Is there any other way to convert it ? I don't think it is possible for me to use the editor released. Or At least a good tutorial for using the editor may help me
the best way is maybe export the textures within the PSSG file and you split them into 3 parts : decal, paint, and specular/occlusion (specocc). and put them to each of the files that handle the textures.
that's what i think bcoz, the mapping of the 2014 car is remain unchanged. just the texture structures changed.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I was wondering If someone can help me to find the folder where is located the cam file and how to open It.
The actual FOV range is not enough for me and I need to change the angle of the camera/distance versus the steering to make the visual as real as possible.
Thanks for your help.
Jonathan

the best way is maybe export the textures within the PSSG file and you split them into 3 parts : decal, paint, and specular/occlusion (specocc). and put them to each of the files that handle the textures.
that's what i think bcoz, the mapping of the 2014 car is remain unchanged. just the texture structures changed.

Well I've tried it . But about the pink & Black & White textures That's about other parts when I import, some of them appear in full black. Don't know which pattern or color I can use in PS to make the Main File like the pink ones? I don't know if you got what I'm trying to say or not

Well I've tried it . But about the pink & Black & White textures That's about other parts when I import, some of them appear in full black. Don't know which pattern or color I can use in PS to make the Main File like the pink ones? I don't know if you got what I'm trying to say or not
take a look around youtube, U'll find tutorials

• Deleted member 161052

Codies will be releasing updates soon to several cars, the Manor, Lotus, Williams, Red Bull, Mercedes, McLaren, Force India and I think thats it. Oh and the Sauber (I think). Itll be model updates (new noses mainly) and new livery's.
That's great news! Can you show me the link to it?

Is there a website / guide that explains how to make custom liveries? I made a McLaren concept livery (attached) and want to put it into F1 2015 to take action screenshots of it!

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 13_MP430Angle.jpg
    13_MP430Angle.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 570
It's not possible with the mapping of the car, but the new update *might* change this
quite sad to say but, even all the cars get a livery update doesn't mean they will change the UV maps of the cars to the "skin-friendly" mapping. even it's impossible to put 8k size to the car

the game won't last long i believe. their other product (DiRT Rally) have beaten F1 2015 right on the face in many aspects in terms of modding/skinning capabilities.

quite sad to say but, even all the cars get a livery update doesn't mean they will change the UV maps of the cars to the "skin-friendly" mapping. even it's impossible to put 8k size to the car

the game won't last long i believe. their other product (DiRT Rally) have beaten F1 2015 right on the face in many aspects in terms of modding/skinning capabilities.
Yes, after seeing the update, it appears so, but at least we have more up to date, even if not completely identical liveries.

I need some help on this, making the early season mclaren still lots to do with finding where certain bits of the livery are on the files (like searching for a needle in a haystack) but getting there slowly.
Anyway its the flashing textures which are causing trouble as in the picture below as soon as it moves a bit further away some black parts are invisible and show the grey of the base colour.
Thanks.
WTF_zpshtaxi8dp.jpg~original

I need some help on this, making the early season mclaren still lots to do with finding where certain bits of the livery are on the files (like searching for a needle in a haystack) but getting there slowly.
Anyway its the flashing textures which are causing trouble as in the picture below as soon as it moves a bit further away some black parts are invisible and show the grey of the base colour.
Thanks.
WTF_zpshtaxi8dp.jpg~original
did you tried already to use different car map? then just copy the whole skin as base, coz everytime you put color on the mclaren skin, everytime it turns darker,

did you tried already to use different car map? then just copy the whole skin as base, coz everytime you put color on the mclaren skin, everytime it turns darker,
Nothing to do with image being darker, tried using a different paint_material file but all I get is an invisible car. I can only guess its a secondary layer used for the damage effect thats just a tiny pixel or 2 on the paint file, its just finding exactly where it is which is hard without 3d model to view.

Nothing to do with image being darker, tried using a different paint_material file but all I get is an invisible car. I can only guess its a secondary layer used for the damage effect thats just a tiny pixel or 2 on the paint file, its just finding exactly where it is which is hard without 3d model to view.
yes its so hard to map it, CM is really making this hard

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back