F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

Get rid of invisible box/lag. I'm fed up that in league races, I cant race wheel to wheel, ruining the immersion and flexibility, as it becomes more of an 'avoiding' and 'passive' game which spoils it.

If this got fixed, it would really bring the spirit of league racers high again, and is a most for improving online racing.

I'd love to see new, young drivers added at the end of every season, or maybe at the end of every 2 seasons. At the moment it seems pretty unrealistic to see Webber still at Red Bull 9 seasons on from the start of the game.

Thoughts?
Its a good idea although you can see why the teams won't allow changes to their team.

Although I totally agree with you, I think if the teams allowed team switching/new drivers coming through
A) some drivers would have to disappear when in fact in real life they are still at the team
B) Red Bull wouldn't like to see Vettel at Ferrari etc etc lol

But I agree... like fifa etc.. its allowed there... why shouldnt code masters follow suit? - But remember they are tied by contracts with F1 so maybe they have a limited choice?

Being realistic I would like to see: (Getting more and more ambitious as I go down the list)

1) Re-introduction of P1 and P2 in Career mode. WHO actually asked for that to be removed from the game? It should be an option for those who want it.
2) Formation Lap, and driving into grid slot would be cool & Lap after race where you have to park in parc ferme
3) Winter Testing at Barcelona with R&D objectives. I'd love to go out and put in 50+ laps around Barcelona as well as doing stuff for the team. (Wouldn't want this to replace the young drive test though which I think could be improved as well as it being there to help rookies). For those who just want to get to the races would like the option to skip the winter testing. (Have a thing for winter testing with Sky's 3d coverage of it at the moment)
4) Would really love a clutch type launch (as an option for those who want it) would add a huge amount of realism to the game and coupled with number 2 that would be awesome, driving into your grid slot. Could also add a penalty to the game for jumping the start.

Option I'd like is a helmet designer but I'm not too bothered about that in honesty would just be nice.

Being realistic I would like to see: (Getting more and more ambitious as I go down the list)

1) Re-introduction of P1 and P2 in Career mode. WHO actually asked for that to be removed from the game? It should be an option for those who want it.
2) Formation Lap, and driving into grid slot would be cool & Lap after race where you have to park in parc ferme
3) Winter Testing at Barcelona with R&D objectives. I'd love to go out and put in 50+ laps around Barcelona as well as doing stuff for the team. (Wouldn't want this to replace the young drive test though which I think could be improved as well as it being there to help rookies). For those who just want to get to the races would like the option to skip the winter testing. (Have a thing for winter testing with Sky's 3d coverage of it at the moment)
4) Would really love a clutch type launch (as an option for those who want it) would add a huge amount of realism to the game and coupled with number 2 that would be awesome, driving into your grid slot. Could also add a penalty to the game for jumping the start.

Option I'd like is a helmet designer but I'm not too bothered about that in honesty would just be nice.

Adding to that aswell, I'd like to see being able to drive in the pitlane, slow down to your box, limiter on, etc etc.

I was asking this Since last year i hope CM atleast take a look at this
If the Race is decided as wet then calculate how much Wet the track was and until 65% of Wetness allow players/AI to use DRS in designated zones. Then after that Disable DRS.
When the wetness crosses 80% Deploy SC like Real life if crosses 85% or 90% then Redflag the session for a Random time. Allow Players to FF the time like we do in Practice and Qualification sessions or let the time tick.

Good suggestions all.

I'll add the following for Season Challenge mode:

1. Dynamic calander
2. Dynamic weather
3. Ability to have long weekends
4. Ability to change race length

It bugs me to no end that Season Challenge schedule (and weather) is the same every year. It should be randomized or customizable..

I'd like to get more updates from my Race Engineer....

More occasional (the car behind is gaining and possibly a distance?)

Or even when the car behind is within one second closer to the DRS detection, to give you a reminder to save some KERS or possibly be prepared to switch to rich...

I want to know whats happening around me at times too, say when I've just pitted a lap earlier than other people, advising me when they pit...

Just more updates on things really... Although 2012 is MUCH improved in these terms, up-ing it again this year would be awesome

(or even put in a choice of frequency in the menu?)

I would love to see remote servers rather than pier to pier.... As that should eliminate lag.
E.g.
Little Timmy who has a 1mb connection, hosts a custom gp for 25% - with players from around the world, it will be a lag fest.

How about implementing rented servers? Like Battlefield, with the option then for leagues (like ours) to have their own server(s)
Then if we have players around the world, atleast we know it'll be on a high speed connection

Would rather this was free though, and as I suggested earlier, bring in downloadable vintage cars and vintage tracks. Please? :)

I would really love this as a mini game, just as a bonus for those who want a head start. So if you complete 30 or so laps while meeting specific challenges from the team then you can jump tiers or something along those lines.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%