Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Look at the API docs that are included with the plugin, plus at the Squirrel reference manual:

http://www.squirrel-lang.org/squirreldoc/reference/index.html

You can edit the .nut file in any source code editor (personally, I'm using the internal editor in the FAR file manager, but obviously the choice is yours, there's plenty of options). As for tutorial, it basically boils down to whether or not you're at least somewhat familiar with coding. I'm a living proof of the fact that you don't need too much coding skill for basic customization, but you definitely need to be able to read and modify/write the code.
Thanks! I will try that! :)

Going to release an alpha version of my custom evoHUD once I have the ability to control the position of each widget using the mouse. This may also include the ability to customise settings for widgets as it will all need saving to a config file.

There are lots of of things I want to do but they are dependent on new features that @kenken needs to implement and he has already gone above and beyond what anyone could reasonably ask for with the time and effort he had put in.

I think I can do basic positioning and config settings without any additional code. The ability to add additional widgets created by anyone will also be possible but not as simple as I want without additional features from kenken.

Things looking very positive for this mod and I hope to have something for you to try in the coming weeks.

With the Dynhud issues relating to win 10 I would love to see this become the replacement HUD. All it needs is a key binding for bringing up the custom evoHUD config menu adding to the game. Maybe we can persuade Reiza and kenken to partner up. I would certainly give my custom evoHUD nut files away to Reiza.

You know, I have a real life. I had quite busy in last week. I didn't even have time to look at this forum. That's all.

By the way, I don't recommend this MOD as replacement with dynHUD just because dynHUD doesn't work on your win10 system. This MOD isn't intended for noobs or someone who doesn't want to customize by directly edit script file.

With the Dynhud issues relating to win 10 I would love to see this become the replacement HUD. All it needs is a key binding for bringing up the custom evoHUD config menu adding to the game. Maybe we can persuade Reiza and kenken to partner up. I would certainly give my custom evoHUD nut files away to Reiza.

I hope so, Kenken did a great job and you guys too, would be great!

By the way, I don't recommend this MOD as replacement with dynHUD just because dynHUD doesn't work on your win10 system. This MOD isn't intended for noobs or someone who doesn't want to customize by directly edit script file.

People often doesn't create new widgets for DynHUD, often they just modify some part of code, change some textures, etc, etc. Tha main reason DynHUD and GID are succesfull is the option to move widgets around and "customize" them, but I think no one can't find half of the features and fine touchs EvoHUD has in both of them (pitboard, standings while on pit, etc etc), for some reasons I find more simple to understand the logic behind the .nut file than working on java or other stuff and as you can see a bunch of guys with better knowledge than me (I am a noob) are already here happy of your work and ready to help...
So, don't be so severe against your creation, this is a masterpiece and with some fine tuning and a couple of features can easily be used for AMS as main hud for long time with no need to change a line of code, because users will find it very complete and informative (at least they will change some colors and move widgets around but this is part of humans nature lol) ;)

Ah, on side note, on my system Dynhud works but I will not use it anymore, your hud is more stylish, complete and light on system (+10 fps and no stutters with it) :cool:

Last edited:
You know, I have a real life. I had quite busy in last week. I didn't even have time to look at this forum. That's all.
I was trying to highlight the great work you've done and the time and effort already given to the mod along with an update on my progress towards making it more accessible whilst still being powerful and customisable by those willing to dig into the code a little.

This MOD isn't intended for noobs or someone who doesn't want
If I am successful at adding in simple positioning using one key combo to bring up a a menu and then all done with the mouse then I personally feel we will have cracked both the noob audience and those that want to tweak more.

This mod will soon hopefully combine the simplicity and features of gidHUD with the better looks of dynHUD.

You have nothing but respect from me kenken. I make a lot of requests of you and your free time but you can of course walk away at any time and we will use what you have created as is. I hope you don't of course :)

Thanks for continuing with the project and I hope I can add the simplicity needed to maximise the audience for your great mod.

This is new snapshot.

isKeyDown, isKeyPressed and isKeyReleased are now obsolete. These won't be removed in 1.5.0 release, but I recommend to update your nut with new input handling API as early as possible.

Brief changelog since previous shapshot:
  • added Direct Input controller support
  • added button and combo API functions
  • partially fixed track map not loading on some track
  • fixed not loading DBInfo on some track and vehicle
  • fixed potential errors.

Furthermore, I decide to not put my effort into fixing win10 CTD issue on some system since almost all people doesn't care about this issue.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rdygver28mr81ri/evoHUD-snapshot274.7z

Last edited:
That update looks good. I'll download tonight and take a look and give feedback. Did you get chance to add in the version number of evoHUD available as a variable to the nut file?

Also is the directory listing I mentioned here a possibility as it would make sharing user created widgets much simpler.just drop individual widget nut files into a folder.

Thanks for the latest build.

From this snapshot, DLL has revision number. you can see it from its property. I'm curious why you need to get version number from nut? Is there any particular reason?

About loading multiple nut in some directory, I'm concern that it will create dependency issue with multiple nut. At least, manual loading is never create such issue if developer or user carefully put them in proper order. How to resolve dependency automatically?

Thats a shame, so many guys have this issue but most not technically smart enough to know how to fault find:(
I repeatedly asked for help on this issue. And also in some posts, I provide the instruction to collect information which I need to fix. Almost people including you done nothing but just complain(reported just 'doesn't work').

Now, what's remain I can do? Buy and build new win10 machine just for this issue, thought it might not reproduce it. If I have to do that or force to do, I quit this. It's quite simple choice to me.

I repeatedly asked for help on this issue. And also in some posts, I provide the instruction to collect information which I need to fix. Almost people including you done nothing but just complain(reported just 'doesn't work').

Now, what's remain I can do? Buy and build new win10 machine just for this issue, thought it might not reproduce it. If I have to do that or force to do, I quit this. It's quite simple choice to me.
I have not complained, mine has worked perfectly from day one.

@kenken I gave you feedback every time you requested it, my last two posts were #333 and #359, not sure if you saw it. I cannot talk for the other guys and how many of them have the same problem. But I am prepared to wait my time out as even Reiza now have CTD problems with their DynHUD so obviously it is not going to be an easy fix, or at least it will be an easy and quick fix but not so easy to find the cause of it. Thanks anyway of bringing a brilliant HUD for those who can use it.

@kenken I gave you feedback every time you requested it, my last two posts were #333 and #359, not sure if you saw it. I cannot talk for the other guys and how many of them have the same problem. But I am prepared to wait my time out as even Reiza now have CTD problems with their DynHUD so obviously it is not going to be an easy fix, or at least it will be an easy and quick fix but not so easy to find the cause of it. Thanks anyway of bringing a brilliant HUD for those who can use it.
Your log contained nothing useful. So, I couldn't do anything.

From this snapshot, DLL has revision number. you can see it from its property. I'm curious why you need to get version number from nut? Is there any particular reason?
I would like to show the version number on the GUI config menu I hope to make. If people report issues it will be easy to get version number from user.

About loading multiple nut in some directory, I'm concern that it will create dependency issue with multiple nut. At least, manual loading is never create such issue if developer or user carefully put them in proper order. How to resolve dependency automatically?
Dependency issues are possible but by simply wrapping the load widget in a try statement I could catch the error and inform the user which widget has issues.

Being able to get an array of files in a folder would make separate widgets much easier.

I would like to show the version number on the GUI config menu I hope to make. If people report issues it will be easy to get version number from user.
OK. I'll add it. I don't think it's not necessary, personally.
Dependency issues are possible but by simply wrapping the load widget in a try statement I could catch the error and inform the user which widget has issues.

Being able to get an array of files in a folder would make separate widgets much easier.
It's not so simple. try ... catch can handle the error when file doesn't exist. But it never catch conflict of global variables or the problem of loading order. It'll certainly bring a confusion to beginner who you target to and I can't test them in all condition which I can consider due to the limitation of one man project.

@kenken I understand can be frustrating but maybe you aren't aware of the latest win10 problems, after the latest win update there are a lot of CTD due to it (it doesn't like the old java version used for dynhud) and a lot of problems are coming out right now (a lot of CTD during race even with Dynhud disabled by default) so you have the following scenarios:
- AMS works and your HUD works great (like me)
- severe CTD due to win10 problems instead of EvoHUD (and this is why you don't see anything related to it on logs)
Maybe I will suggest you not to quit but to hold bug hunting because is difficult for simple users to report something usefull when there are multiple CTD causes...I am sure they will be more helpfull after Reiza fixes...

On side note,maybe you can copy and paste how to generate logs on main post,can be difficult to find for newcomers

Last edited:
@kenken I understand can be frustrating but maybe you aren't aware of the latest win10 problems, after the latest win update there are a lot of CTD due to it (it doesn't like the old java version used for dynhud) and a lot of problems are coming out right now (a lot of CTD during race even with Dynhud disabled by default) so you have the following scenarios:
- AMS works and your HUD works great (like me)
- severe CTD due to win10 problems instead of EvoHUD (and this is why you don't see anything related to it on logs)
Maybe I will suggest you not to quit but to hold bug hunting because is difficult for simple users to report something usefull when there are multiple CTD causes...I am sure they will be more helpfull after Reiza fixes...

On side note,maybe you can copy and paste how to generate logs on main post,can be difficult to find for newcomers
You guys easily say that without any serious consideration. But you never think how much I spend a time for it. So, I suggest you I give source code and copyright of this MOD to you, then I quit and you fix it and take all responsibility for it. It surely makes all people happy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%