F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Hey guys... I tried modding some settings in CTF for F1 2012... and they seem to work great offline in career... but when you try to join an online session... as soon as you get into your car you get disconnected... any ideas?
On the one hand this is great, because this should prevent cheaters to play online with hacked values... but we have a national league and would like to change certain things about handling to make the game even more sim-like and less Arcade like handling wise...
Does anyone have a work around for this issue perhaps.

I've tweaked with the revs and engine settings on the Caterham car on F1 2012 using CTF and whenever I go into my career mode practice session the car has these weird black lines going into the air and the tires do not show either. As a result the game crashes and there is no sound when I am in the cockpit. Can anyone help please?

Hi,

could anyone may be upload me the original "track" folder from cars/me2/ ?
I changed the Mercedes files and accidently deleted the back up. As I don't want to verifiy my whole game again as I have a lot of modified files and mods, it would be very if someone could upload the folder for me :)

Regards Ben

Hey guys, I've been messing around with the ctf trying to figure out what some values do. Are there any pros in mechanics out there?

I know that float_list_u5 is actually power, but I'm not exactly sure what units to use or how to calculate the proper values. I wish I had a book on cars because I really need to know how all these gear_ratio, revs, final_drive, and torque values work together.

Then what is float_list_u_1 and remaining for??
Also Do any one had any difference if we change Stability_Control_off_Speed value
Edit: CM must be crazy Stability_Control_off_Speed is 10 and Stability_Control_on_Speed is 20 which means we won't have any Stability issues on the tracks. I think this is the reason we won't have any Difference between Mechanical Grip and Aerodynamical Grip.
Do any one know By what speed do car starts to have Aero Grip

I have no idea what the other float lists are. I know com_y and com_z are multipliers for the respective inertia values. A high y inertia will make your car tip over sideways easily. A high z value will make you car stuck to the ground more, and will make corners a lot easier to take.

Do you know anything about the power values?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.