F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
My problem: I want to start a career with a competitive Marussia and I don't know how to do it.

I copied the Lotus Renault track files, renamed them.

enabled kers, copied values in the "f1teams" and "ai_engine_power_per_tier" tables in database....and yet I'm not seeing a performance benefit.

Any thoughts? Should I copy "balanced" ctf as well?

Thanks for any help.

My problem: I want to start a career with a competitive Marussia and I don't know how to do it.

I copied the Lotus Renault track files, renamed them.

enabled kers, copied values in the "f1teams" and "ai_engine_power_per_tier" tables in database....and yet I'm not seeing a performance benefit.

Any thoughts? Should I copy "balanced" ctf as well?

Thanks for any help.

It would appear I got it to work. When I posted the previous message I had not updated "virtual performance" or copied over the balanced ctf files.....Not saying this is what solved it for me but this is where I am now......I was also having issues setting up my wheel properly which I managed to finally do.

Here are my results after getting everything in order:

I did laps in Melbourne with Marussia then did some in a Lotus to compare and I was virtually identical....then I tried running a Caterham and it was like driving a duck boat, I was 2 seconds slower no matter what.

In career I finished in top spot in practice in a Marussia so I would say I figured it out. :)

Please dont turn this mod into a moral issue of cheating just because you cheat it doesn't mean we cheat too. I only play offline and i want this mod to make my game more realistic. Please dont let your moral issue offend us who need these mods. thank you.

=> 400 KM/H possible ;)

GAME:
1.) Brake assist = OFF [very important]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EGO CTF EDITOR:
2.) engine_power_scale = 2 (or more)
3.) gear_1st = 4,5
4.) gear_7th = 1
5.) grip_front = 3
6.) grip_rear = 4
7.) rev_limit = 10000 [very important]
OPTION:
8.) brake_torque_total = 4000
9.) brake_torque_total_backward = 4000
10.) brake_torque_total_forward = 4000
11.) magic_brake = 1 - 3 (incredibly brake)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE OF HOCKENHEIM : http://goo.gl/X5WUBc

Does anyone have a good ctf file for anti spin? My car spins as soon as i turn a little bit at all speed even very low speed :( i need to edit this file so it would stop spinning every time i turn.

1. Backup database.bin
2. Open difficulty table by double-clicking it in Ryder Database Editor's left pane
3. Scroll all the way to the rightmost column titled tyre_wear
4. Edit all the 1 values in that column to 0 (zero). There are five of them.

On edit (after "trying" to do a realistic full race in Singapore, and failing miserably at not spinning...), you can try this ^^ but it seems like it's not working (to me) now.

(Maybe just in Career mode, not in QR.)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%