F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, im still confused.

I want to enable KERS for the Caterham, so ive gone into the track files of that car and put "400000" for KERS capacity, yet when i go to play it, i still dont have KERS? Why is this?

I also changed the balanced files KERS capacity to "400000"... Could this be why?

EDIT: Just changed the balanced file KERS capacity to "0" and there's still no change.

It's not the balanced folder you need to change in. Track folder...

Sorry guys, im still confused.

I want to enable KERS for the Caterham, so ive gone into the track files of that car and put "400000" for KERS capacity, yet when i go to play it, i still dont have KERS? Why is this?

I also changed the balanced files KERS capacity to "400000"... Could this be why?

EDIT: Just changed the balanced file KERS capacity to "0" and there's still no change.
Copy this. It's edited for more realistic power and also ignore the rb1 all my kers power and capacity are the same for every car and circuit :)
tumblr_m7d0beqcvG1qhv85lo1_500.png

I little question, for now i just want to change car performance order, like to make Benetton (Renault car) top team with Williams beware of Redbull (Ligier) and Ferrari, so wich line i exactly need to do it, and its on car perfo editor i need to do it or database editor with tier's

First you'll want to look in the database at f1_teams and ai_engine_power_per_tire (or something like that). In F1 teams change the tier accordingly and look around at other values you may want to change. In the other table for each team set it up how you want for future season in case they get better or worse.

As for the ctf files. It gets complicated a bit. The files in the track folder are used by the player, and in the balanced folder the AI, and player online with balanced option.

I suggest you just shuffle around the files in the track folder for each car. Like if you want Renault best car then copy and rename the files from rb1/track to re1/track. After that just edit the engine_power_scale to proper amount. In the database the Renault apparently has 730 bhp from the original game, and you want 750 because that's the best car in original game. So you would divide 750 by 730 and put that number in the power scale.

You don't need to shuffle around the balanced car files but you do need to put that engine_power_scale number the same as track folder.

These edits are just for simple shuffling around of car order. Not for matching car performance to the REAL 1994 season. That requires a lot more work.

First we have to see if I can even do this for the next game. Depends on how moddable it is. Then if this is still possible I'll try see if modifying these files will still work online.

If they do, I'll try to contact Helios and see if I can work something out with them to allow this mod but stop it from going online.

First we have to see if I can even do this for the next game. Depends on how moddable it is. Then if this is still possible I'll try see if modifying these files will still work online.

If they do, I'll try to contact Helios and see if I can work something out with them to allow this mod but stop it from going online.

Oh, you will be able to make it. Sooner or later. You may just give it to some good modders (2-3) and not officially share it. :)

All mods for the F1 series have basically come from the tools that Ryder has produced.

Without them practically nothing would exist on the MOD front at all.

These tools are produced to make life easier for people who want to mod the game, they are never released to aid cheating as you would call it Kristian. That is purely down to the idividual and how they choose to use the tools.

To say just release future tools to a select few is just daft really. If that was the case first time round you wouldn't have been able to make your AI mod at all. And probably not be able to make any future ones either should Ryder decide in fact to share his work with a select few.

I'm not having a dig.....just saying be careful what you wish for.....can get mighty cold outside.

All mods for the F1 series have basically come from the tools that Ryder has produced.

Without them practically nothing would exist on the MOD front at all.

These tools are produced to make life easier for people who want to mod the game, they are never released to aid cheating as you would call it Kristian. That is purely down to the idividual and how they choose to use the tools.

To say just release future tools to a select few is just daft really. If that was the case first time round you wouldn't have been able to make your AI mod at all. And probably not be able to make any future ones either should Ryder decide in fact to share his work with a select few.

I'm not having a dig.....just saying be careful what you wish for.....can get mighty cold outside.

I'm talking about only this tool, particularly. Because now I seem to see some people cheating thanks to it.

And yeah, you're right. I wouldn't be able to make my AI mod, but c'mon, would it matter that much? None of the mods changed the game so much that you played it more time than you would. They are just extras/bonuses. Altho I want him to release all his other tools, they're incredible. But this tool can aid morons. We don't want that. I won't be getting an original copy of F1 2012 in the first few months so I wouldn't care, but after that I'll be online too. I don't want to race with people that have more grip than I do. It's just unfair. I wouldn't mind if he doesn't give the tool to me, but to you and Ace or Kartik or any of the modders around here. I just don't want MORONS to have it. Or at least to be able to play online with it.

On the other side, I'm pretty sure Ryder will come up with something to block cheating and we'll all have it. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back