F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Many thanks for Ver.1.1 update of your CTF Editor, Ryder25.
I know the physics editing has been a long-disputed topic since GRID.
But you contacted Codemasters and make it possible to edit .CTF files for us.
I really appreciate you for all of your efforts.
I'd like to try this for DiRT Showdown too and enjoy modding :) !

Ty guys! If at anyway this help :
I changed the id's 121, 160, 161, 183, 184 to archive these resaults :
121 (engine power scale) from 1 to anything greater! If you make it 2 you have double (i think is arithmetical progress
as you make it bigger) power on your car! If your car has 730 hp it'll make it 1460 hp!
183 and 184 (grip front and rear) You may need to change it (increase) too if you'll change (increase) id 121! More
power on your engine, more grip you need so you do not want to leave your tires at the asphalt as black lines!
160 and 161 (fuel min and max consumption) More hp at your engine more fuel you need! You must decrease these
if you want to make it to the end of the race! For example id 160 from 0,0001 to 0,00001 (you'll see it turn to
1E-05) and id 161 from 0,000062 (6,2E-05) to 0,0000062 (6,2E-06)! That way you decrease the fuel consumption
to 1/10 of the original!
I haven't found yet wich values i must change to make my car turn faster without roll over!! So be carefull to not over do it with these values! It's up to you! (ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL FILES!!!!)
You can also change id 110 to "Four" drivetrain class but i didn't see differents! As i didn't see differents when i changed id 65 (clutch max torque)! Final drive value (don't remember id) and gears (around id 174) can be changed as well to see differents at gear load times and maximum speed of each gear!
Hope this will help some of you and if someone can help me to find what to change to make my car turn faster without rolling and what to change to go faster from 370 km speed i will be grateful!
Tx Ryder (and all of you guys) for making all these happen!

Greek people have pride greek politics have money!

i just wanna have some fun.
what file do i need to change? lets say the Mclaren car.

i got to steam/steamapps/common/f12012/ then what... cars/mc2 and than the mc2.ctf file?

i've edit in that file bhp gears all of it, but doesnt make me go like superman.. just keeps the same speed and power

How you make it to go at 485 km/h?? Can you please tell me what to edit? and rpm where to find it?
I know i can go even faster but there is a limiter on the car and that sucks really big.
Alright my stats are like these:

Brakes:
ID 81: 1E+09
ID 82: 3
+ Brake power:
ID 47: 5300
ID 48: 5300
ID 49: 5300

Engine power:
ID 121: 12

Fuel:
ID 160: 1E-20
ID 161: 6,2E-22

Gears:
ID 170: 2,8
ID 172: 2,2
ID 173: 2,0
ID 174: 1,7
ID 175: 1,4
ID 176: 1,1
ID 177: 0,7

BEFORE I FORGET:
Grip front and rear:
ID 183: 50
ID 184: 55

In game garage go to your gearbox setting and put gear 1 till 6 right to the very end of right.
7th gear all the way to left.
Edit these ID's and you can go 485 kp/h

TIP: don't stear to hard otherwise you'll flip over. I'm trying to look where i can lower the point of gravity of the car.

And what markus says in borderlands:
Don't have TOO much fun!

Tried all that but no change! The speed is limited to 367-370 km/h! Yes the top speed at the statistics is about 450 km/h but when driving i stay at about 370 km/h and nothing more! As for the fuels (ids 160 and 161) you can make it 0 and no fuel decrease!!! And as for the rear breaks (id 82) i think is better to make it also big number as front breaks! I noticed it is allways red when i am driving! Now for the flip over thing! You can change front and rear inerters (ids 191 and 192) to value 500! That will help you a lot! Please concider this : (Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion : wiki) so if you change the mass of the car and make it bigger then your car momentum is bigger! So if you are turning with the same speed as if you drive a lighter car then the force that make you flip over is stronger! (Mother nature with you physics laws!!!) Ego engine guys did that to make the realistic object reactions to everewhere they programming! They try to think every posible force and phisic low that every object have so that to behave as a real! For that reason you must adjust mass and inertias to that way that you are not rolling when turning! And if you make your car lighter then when you are using help to break i notice that you break a loooot before the turn!!!! These 2 problems i am working to solve but my english are not very good and i must allways use translator to figure out where to find what! And when they are using abbreviations and not the full words then i am lost! So if someone can help me to drive faster from 370 km/h here is were to find me! And how to change the break timing to break close to the turn! (front and rear bias (ids 45 and 46) are not for the track turns but when you have a car in front of you or someone is close to you from behind! You can change id 180 and make it smaller so your downgearing is slower but you must adjust it and make a lot of tryings to every track to find what is the number that mutch to your way of driving on the specific track!)

OH!!!!! Another little tip!!!!! The ids 189 and 210 is the turn scale on how sharp your car turn! Ids 188 and 209 are the speed scale! Starting with id 209 : 0 (car is stoped) the wheels steering rate is id 210 : 0,4 (big steering angle) and as speed increase the steering angle is reduced till you reach the speed at id 188 where your steering angle reaches the minimum steering angle that id 189 has (usualy is 0,1)

Hope that i help you guys and thanks for any help that you can give me on this!

Ryder i know it is not easy and it is to hardsearching but if you can help us with something like a manual that will be fantastic!

Greek people have pride, greek politicians have money!

Actually, everything we know about this so far is really in this thread, which isn't much. If you don't get something best thing to do is test it. And if you feel generous enough, write a guide or description of what everything is.

I didn't make up the names of these values, these are straight from the game so I don't know what they all do either. Just have fun and play around with the values is all I can say.

Yes i know that you didn't make up the names of the values! These names are what the ego guys want so the engine is "programming friendly" to them! I'll be in contact with this thread and everything i find i will post it here! Hope and everyone else do this too! Ok people, start your engines and let the search begin!!!

:thumbsup:

I think that you must edit the database with RDE!
At the table f1teams you have to check or uncheck the kers box (it depend if your team has kers and you do not want it or the opposit)! I think otherwise using the ctf editor it wont do the job for all the cars but only for your car if you want to dissable it!

........And again the same request from me...... if someone know how to go faster (on race) from 260mph (370 km/h) please tell me.....!!!
It seams like to be someware in the game a speed governor but i can not find it! And i am thinking if it is somewhere close to the settings the game has with the safety car (because and when the safety car is deployed you have speed limit behind it) but i can't find neither the settings for the safety car!! Any help will be fantastic!!

TY!!! Good morning!

Greek people have pride, greek politicians have money!

Hi Ryder! I have a question, you had mention somewere (not in this forum, i think it is at dirt 3 mod forum) that at the tunning.tng file someone can find some informations about the ctf files! Please can you tell me how to open that file to read it? I tried allmost everything but i cann't do it! I used xml editors, rename it, converters, microsoft project reader, notepad, wordpad, but all failed! The same with the file compounds.dat! These files are at cars folder! Please if you (or if someone else can) can you help me how to read these files?

I'm talking about only this tool, particularly. Because now I seem to see some people cheating thanks to it.

And yeah, you're right. I wouldn't be able to make my AI mod, but c'mon, would it matter that much? None of the mods changed the game so much that you played it more time than you would. They are just extras/bonuses. Altho I want him to release all his other tools, they're incredible. But this tool can aid morons. We don't want that. I won't be getting an original copy of F1 2012 in the first few months so I wouldn't care, but after that I'll be online too. I don't want to race with people that have more grip than I do. It's just unfair. I wouldn't mind if he doesn't give the tool to me, but to you and Ace or Kartik or any of the modders around here. I just don't want MORONS to have it. Or at least to be able to play online with it.

On the other side, I'm pretty sure Ryder will come up with something to block cheating and we'll all have it. :p
a lot of people cheating with this on line f1 2012? its possible? i think it just for FUN single player

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 224 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 156 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 152 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%