F1 2012 [EGO Engine APP] CTF (Car Performance) Editor

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
After a lot of hard work from Miek and I...

Ryder CTF Editor

version 1.2.2013.0106
With this program you can edit CarTuningFile (CTF,CSV) files for the EGO engine games. These files contain car performance data.

Features:
  • Intuitive GUI -- The graphics user interface has been built to allow maximum ease of use when editing files.
  • Easy Compare -- Aside from the files' data being lined up side by side, with the click of a button the program will show you all the differences between the files.
  • Community Involvement -- Schema files for each game are in xml format so that modders can edit descriptions of their findings for the file's values and share them with each other.
  • Open With -- Allows you to choose "Open With" and select this program to open CTF files.
Changelog
    • Improved Error Checking
    • Changed FloatList Unknown to Step
    • DragDrop Feature to Open Files
    • Small Update to Schema Files
    • Added Support for Race Driver Grid
    • Improved UI in Column Filter and FileDialog areas
    • Added Support for Dirt Showdown, and F1 2012 games
    • First Release
Credits
  • Ryder25 - For creating the program. (tasevp(at)yahoo(dot)com)
  • Miek - For figuring out the schemas for the files which make all of this possible.
  • luh-koala - For creating program icon.
  • famfamfam.com - For the "silk" menu icons.
DOWNLOAD MIRROR

RCE10.png

Let me know if there are any problems. I encourage you to do the "community involvement" thing that way we can all figure out what certain values mean!

Last edited:
Well, the revs are from the same float_list. The unknown of the float list is actually the "step". Value 0 is 0, then increases by the step to the end of values.

Hmm, I guess you're right. So that means that instead of torque Nmm for the float list values, it should be Power (W). That makes a lot more sense now :p

All the other values are just unit conversions.

I've uploaded a new version of the CTF Editor.

My goal is to just gain more knowledge about the values so that people can make mods more easily.

Kartik Sri Harsha The unknown_bool are for enabling/disabling certain things. Unfortunately, idk what those are. Some could break, and prevent a ctf file from opening I think as well.

Ryder25 I believe the Optimal Value could be between 0.12 Y and 0.48 Z to 0 Y and 0.6 Z. I may be wrong but going higher than that effects acceleration and lower than that effects car stability which makes car spin in almost every corner.
Also the Float 1 is for Power Usage mate. we can change how much Power the car needs to get top speed and decrease it quickly. I clearly don't know what power was it. But i think if Modders want to change the acceleration and braking for some gears it can help them. It ranges between 0 and 1. I didn't see any difference for values higher than 1.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.