Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well, I'm at least 51% confident they will. And I'll test to see if I'm right. But don't worry, if they don't, I'll make databases for each race length.

I admire your dedication. You're running 100% now right? I'll pull your numbers and run a Melbourne race at 50%. We should be expecting a 2-stop strategy right?

These modified values are giving me 0 stop strategies at a 50% race in Melbourne... if anyone else can confirm this let me know.

I admire your dedication. You're running 100% now right? I'll pull your numbers and run a Melbourne race at 50%. We should be expecting a 2-stop strategy right?

Actually, Melbourne was a 1 stop on 100%, with value 3 (2 and 1 gave no pit stops). If you say there are no pits no matter the value on 50%, that means I will have to create new databases. Not that it will be much of a problem, the shorter the race, the less I have to test. :)

Anyway, Nurburgring test results:

Screenshot39940_zps8be9527f.png

(The old camera got bugged on lap 10, that's why I have this camera in the screenshot) Seems like this is a Monaco-like situation, just 2- 3 laps gain in tyre resistance. Value is 1, it's the only one that allows pits too. Hungary, one of the worst tracks, next. Close to home, but awful track.

Can you post your config file with reduced tyre wear system? Will be very appreciate.

It's not finished yet. I still have 10 tracks or so to configure. But I'll post it here once it's done. So, either wait or manually edit yourself with the information I spread around the last 3 or 4 pages.

Hungary test results:

Screenshot40705_zps06221996.png

There had to be a problem. There just had to be a problem. Damn!

Just kidding, the mod still works... as long as you don't take your car off track 10 out of the 16 laps at least once per sector. That's what I did, and that's why the tyre wear is so high. Hungary has the same tyre wear as Monaco or Spain, you just have around 3 laps more than without this mod. Value is 1. Spa-Francoshamps is next, but I think I will finish this race first, since I'm well positioned and I don't want to run into some unexpected troubles with the team I'll just gain some points, smoke Paul in the driver's championship, then continue with my test until the first pit then retire strategy.

Hey, sorry for late reply, Yer I did modify track models too. Up as far as Spain. Not done Monaco onwards yet. Will do them as they are posted. I see some are here now.
Sorry for any confusion :) & thanks again for all the work here.

Ok updated as far as Hungary. Finished 100% in Spain. Will race Monaco tomorrow with suggested settings.
Had a great race in Spain btw, most enjoyed race so far. 1st race since editing the database but had already race this track a few days ago on release database settings. Did not enjoy that! Anyway the settings made it more fun. By the time I got into 2nd place, Vettle had a 30 second lead. I got it down to 7.2 secs by end of the race but couldn't beat him. Just like the real thing :) I don't enjoy Monaco so much but I will go 100% to see how settings pan out.

I guess the only thing I can do is race 100% for now :D

Can someone consolidate all the changes made so far and all the track model numbers?

I guess the only thing I can do is race 100% for now :D

Can someone consolidate all the changes made so far and all the track model numbers?

track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)

tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)

track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 3 (Australia), 2 (Bahrain, Spain UK,), 1 (Malaysisa, China, Monaco, Canada, Germany, Hungary).

[quote"Gabbynaru, post: 1537680, member: 144417"]track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)

tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)

track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 3 (Australia), 2 (Bahrain, Spain UK,), 1 (Malaysisa, China, Monaco, Canada, Germany, Hungary).[/quote]
Works In 50% mode mate great work your the best

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea