Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dunno, I still have some testing to do. And I am still waiting for a Safety Car Fix mod. I haven't seen that thing at all in me.
nArNPyc.jpg

;);)

Weird, Cars crashed around me, sometimes they stopped in the middle of the track (like in Monaco, after the tunnel exit chicane), but no safety car, just a yellow flag for around 5 - 6 laps, then they vanished. Oh well...

So, on a related note to the thread itself, not the safety car, does anyone know where are the Imola and Estoril tracks hidden? Cause I can't find them in the track_model tab... I can only fix Jerez and Brands Hatch for classical with the new tyre wear...

mmm @LKC11 science..you know according to quantum mechanics 'the act of the observer effects the result' .... guess it's true :D

Well if you want to compare the appearance of a safety car to the ability of a radioactive atom to decay, then yes... I guess me watching for it will cause it to never appear :D

EDIT: Does that mean I'M the safety car bug??

So, on a related note to the thread itself, not the safety car, does anyone know where are the Imola and Estoril tracks hidden? Cause I can't find them in the track_model tab... I can only fix Jerez and Brands Hatch for classical with the new tyre wear...

Sorry Gab, I don't see it either... Can you access it in your game itself? It's weird if its not on the database but available in-game.

And on a totally non related note, here's the test results from Jerez:

Screenshot29546_zps1ed3b074.png

The test used the 2 value for the track (I originally only wanted to see if tyre wear does exist, but I ended up checking for how long do the tyres last too), but I'll change the value to 1, to have a bigger distance between pit stops, or we'll end up with 7 pit stops. And on an even more related note, this Ferrari controls so majestically, it feels like the 2013 cars are some untamed beasts.

And on a totally non related note, here's the test results from Jerez:

Screenshot29546_zps1ed3b074.png

The test used the 2 value for the track (I originally only wanted to see if tyre wear does exist, but I ended up checking for how long do the tyres last too), but I'll change the value to 1, to have a bigger distance between pit stops, or we'll end up with 7 pit stops. And on an even more related note, this Ferrari controls so majestically, it feels like the 2013 cars are some untamed beasts.

If only we could find a way to race these classic cars in the 2013 Career mode. Now THAT would be fun. Thanks again, Gabs

If only we could find a way to race these classic cars in the 2013 Career mode. Now THAT would be fun. Thanks again, Gabs

If only Codemasters would have pulled and EA and gave us something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_Challenge_'99-'02

With the 2013 season, and some classical seasons. That would have been awesome.

On another hand, I think I'll go testing and see if I can make the mod for Grand Prix mode too. I don't need to test to see if tyres last, I only need to check if there are pit stops (only change the track_model value).

Ok. my problem with tyrewear is, that i race for example 20 laps with new tyres, and they are at the end. But ai can race with tyres, which where used in qualifying around 23 laps...
So my question is, if your mod only moves this problem or realy fixed it.... So, does your mod make it realistic or only make, that i can race to lap 23 now, but ai now race to lap 25/26???

Ok. my problem with tyrewear is, that i race for example 20 laps with new tyres, and they are at the end. But ai can race with tyres, which where used in qualifying around 23 laps...
So my question is, if your mod only moves this problem or realy fixed it.... So, does your mod make it realistic or only make, that i can race to lap 23 now, but ai now race to lap 25/26???
You can open database, and decrease it for your team only (for your teammate aswell)
OR
You can go for the "undercut". Pit earlier. Tyres are less consumed on low fuel, so don't worry about ur primes

I can also confirm there is no change in tyre wear in Career mode. I can also confirm that there's a nasty side effect too. Since the game reads in the database that the tyres an last longer 9which they don't), the period between pit-stops is longer (example: first pit in Bahrain is on lap 13, if you don't change the pit-stop strategy). Since the AI has no tyre wear, they can stay for that period of time out, while you will probably find yourself struggling for grip by lap 7 - 8. Since the AI can stay even 5 laps longer than you on track, you will be forced to make more pit stops, and therefore, lose places. So, change your database back to original.

P.S. Test was done with a 50% increase in max_distance, not 25%.
So can you explain how works your mod if it works

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea