Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have finished my Sepang race and then I went to China but still no changes with the tyres... The wear is the same...
But in single race the changes work because the tyre life is much more higher. In career there are no changes...

track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)
tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)
track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 1, 2 or 3 per track. I don't have all the results here, but, melbourne is 3, sepang is 1 and shangai is 1. I still need to test all the tracks to give you all the data.

Sepang test result, 100% race length:

Screenshot61395_zps02808268.png

As you can see, I had just started lap 21 and the tyres didn't hit red, their performance only got a bit lamer after lap 17 (which was supposed to be the pit lap for me). I guess I'm on a good path here. I'll test china again, just to make sure the new values didn't change something since the previous test, but, I doubt. And then the rest... I have a feeling I won't make it too far on Monaco. I really am awful on that track.
Great work mate might chuck a sickie from work tomorrow and test this let us know what u find out and if possible screenshots of the db changes u made and i can do monaco great...with damage turned off and 9999999999 flashbacks lol

track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)
tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)
track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 1, 2 or 3 per track. I don't have all the results here, but, melbourne is 3, sepang is 1 and shangai is 1. I still need to test all the tracks to give you all the data.

Wonderful stuff Gabbynaru! I've been messing around with the track_tyre_wear_level too. I used basically the same values as you, but I didn't change any of the max_distance values. I'm actually curious to confirm that max_distance only affects AI and not the player, so I'm going to test that out this morning.

Tsk, gamepad gave up on me during the Shangai test. I'll try to fix it. Sorry for this unexpected delay, guys. As a note, on lap 10, the tyres were just hitting orange. Lap 12 was the pit lap, bu I don't think the tyres would have gone red until then.

Well, here's another interesting one. It's not the -0.625 value that has the least tyre wear, but the -0.15625 value. In Sepang, making the tyre wear of that value gives you options that last the whole race. The middle value gives you a 2 pit stop race and the -0.625 value gives you a 3 pit stop race. So, mind blow here, the closer the value is to 0 the lower the tyre wear... Wow... Well, time to redo all my tests with values closer to 0.

Actually, this isn't exactly true. The reason it 'appears' that values closer to 0 have less tyre wear is because your value of -0.15625 is associated with track type 3, which denotes tracks of low tyre wear (1 = high tyre wear). So essentially, more negative numbers still equates to less tyre wear. If you entered a value of -0.5 into type 3 tracks you'd see virtually no tyre wear compared to if you entered a value of -0.15.

Actually, this isn't exactly true. The reason it 'appears' that values closer to 0 have less tyre wear is because your value of -0.15625 is associated with track type 3, which denotes tracks of low tyre wear (1 = high tyre wear). So essentially, more negative numbers still equates to less tyre wear. If you entered a value of -0.5 into type 3 tracks you'd see virtually no tyre wear compared to if you entered a value of -0.15.

Yeah, my mistake there. Like I said, it's track dependent. For example, in Australia, only 3 worked to actually allow pit stops, while 2 and 1 were giving infinite lasting tyres, while in Malaysia, only 3 was giving infinite tyres. Ah, anyway, ignore that post, I think I was still half-awake when I wrote it. The values I posted above seem to work just fine.

Here's the test result in China, 100% race length:

Screenshot39228_zps0d6aa25c.png

Lap 12 is the first pit, tyres seem to look rather fine, unlike going red with the default values Codemasters has set. Test was done with a keyboard, by the way. Seems like I was having excessive wear during the gamepad test before (gamepad is done for, by the way... Well, it did play through F1 2011 and 2012, and also took part in 2013 for a while, so, it had a good run. RIP buddy). Next test, is Bahrain. The value for the tyre_wear_level in the track_model tab is 1 for Shangai.

THE SETUP IS COMING modified OR DEFAULT?? SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

You mean the car setup? Default. I'm not good at setting my car anyway, so, I don't bother changing it. Also, skipping from Practice to Race directly doesn't allow me to change the quick setup either, so, it's the average default setup.

Bahrain test, 100% race length:

Screenshot28641_zps39b35a43.png

Lap 10, the pit stop lap. Tyres look reasonably well, probably have around 5 more laps in them before they go red. tyre_wear_level in track_model tab is 2 for Bahrain. 1 works too, but it gives an unrealistic 2 - pit strategy for all cars. Considering the real race had even 5 pit stops, I chose the 2 setting, since, although by default you are given 4 pit stops to make, you can reduce it to 3 with the new tyre wear. Spain next.

THANKS GABBYNARU
FOR BEING Tyre_wear_level in track_model tab is 1,2 OR 3??? THAT IS WHAT MAKES???

Well, technically, that reduces the tyre wear so that the tyres will last longer without losing grip completely. To put it simply, you can go until the next pit stop without the car feeling like it's driving on ice. But, if the setting is wrong, the tyres will last way too long, so, you probably won't have to pit (or, on other tracks, the tyres will live so little you will have to pit every one or two laps, but that needs some messing around with other settings too). By the way, turn off the Caps Lock when writing. It's kinda annoying.

Well, technically, that reduces the tyre wear so that the tyres will last longer without losing grip completely. To put it simply, you can go until the next pit stop without the car feeling like it's driving on ice. But, if the setting is wrong, the tyres will last way too long, so, you probably won't have to pit (or, on other tracks, the tyres will live so little you will have to pit every one or two laps, but that needs some messing around with other settings too). By the way, turn off the Caps Lock when writing. It's kinda annoying.

Just to clarify, Gabby, is it imperative that we have to change the track_model value along with the track_tyre_wear_level?

Just to clarify, Gabby, is it imperative that we have to change the track_model value along with the track_tyre_wear_level?

To tell the truth, I made the changes to track_tyre_wear_level during the first two races, and then didn't change them anymore after that, because I would have to test everything again. So, no, it's just, set the settings to track_tyre_wear_level before the first race, and, if necessary, before the second race, without modifying the value (from track_tyre_wear_level) attributed to melourne in track_model during the second change (for example, melbourne has 3 in track_model in my database, so, I didn't modify that value, -0.15625, when I modified the track_tyre_wear_level before the Malaysia race.). If you modify them, you kinda have to test every track once again to see if the new values still work. So, only track_model value after you found the good combination of track_tyre_wear_level.

Edit: Spain test results, 100% race length:

Screenshot30490_zps7bd03044.png

The gain isn't that big on the Catalunya track from the looks of things, just around 2 - 3 laps, if I have to guess. Still good enough, I think. Once again, both value 1 and 2 work for Catalunya in track_model, but value 1 strengthens the tyres so much that you will have to pit twice, while 2 asks for 4 pits, like the real race. Monaco next. Thankfully, the 99 flashbacks modification i made to my database works.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea