Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you

I don't think this thread has to do anything with that, but, whatever. Make sure you have a custom difficulty in game, exit the game with that custom difficulty saved, open the database, go to the difficulty tab, change all flashbacks to 90 or 99 or how many you want (just two digits though, so 99 is maximum), save the database, enter the game, go to difficulty and change to a default one, like easy, or legend. Leave it like that, press the save button until the autosave pop up appears in the upper left corner, then go back to difficulty and change your settings back to how you want them, but, do not scroll down on the flashbacks line. Save again and try a race. If it doesn't work, repeat the steps above again, cause this mod is more like trial and error. It will eventually. Hopefully...

" And as a 'bonus' I upped the flashbacks to 10 for all difficulties"
Thanks, i will give it a try

Ah, sorry, forgot about that one.Still, like I said, a flashbacks mod is trial and error, so, even installing a pre-upped database might not work from the first try. Good luck!

Ok, i can't do it, i leave it as it is now.
One more question, please : what means " PARC FERME" ?? It's ON, by default.
It means you cannot edit car setups after qualification. Only front wing angle can be edited. The choices you make for qualification will be the ones for the race, so choose carefully.

Monaco test results, 100% race length:

Screenshot45365_zps37641dbe.png

Like Catalunya, just around 3 more laps gained by the change of setting. Not much, but at least you won't crash until you reach the pit lane because of the car sliding under you due to lack of grip. track_model tab, tyre_wear_level value for Monaco is 1, and gives 3 pit stop requirement by default, one more than the actual race, but with option being used 3 times, I think you can reduce it to two pit stops by using option once and prime two times. But, I just test what the game gives me for best results. Canada next, one of my favorites.

Edit: Canada test results:

Screenshot26404_zps0cb91d4a.png

Well, tyre wear in Canada certainly looks good. Value is 1, UK next.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i've been reading this thread eager to see a definitive conclusion and a out-of-the-box mod ready to roll in career mode! I hope you guys can do it, and if you ever pass by, i'll buy you all a beer :D.

Pls for the sake of visability, if you guys get on a definitive conclusion, fixing the tyre wear issue (both player and if possible AI not having any) do a brand new thread on the forum so it's easier to check it out!

GL!

track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)
tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (Medium, Intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)
track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 1, 2 or 3 per track. I don't have all the results here, but, melbourne is 3, sepang is 1 and shangai is 1. I still need to test all the tracks to give you all the data.

Great work. Thank you so much for this. It has made the game in career mode much more fair imo.
To clarify. I used these exact same settings & have updated the tyre_wear_level tabs to the suggestions so far & it seems about right even with an aggressive car setup.
To those who are still unsure, I implemented these settings mid season after 1st saving the original database file. I had just finished the race in Bahrain. I logged out of game, adjusted the settings, saved the file, loaded the game and proceeded to the Spanish grand prix practice session. The changes have definitely taken affect & there has been no disruption to my career or save game.
Thanks again for all the work that has gone into this. Like everyone here, I don't mind the high tyre wear as long as the AI cars suffer it too, which they do not. As it appears there is no way to adjust the AI tyre wear, this is the only fair option left to us. (unless some clever sausage comes up with something else).
Big thumbs up guys

So much of the credit goes to Gabbynaru, who has been diligently testing his hypothesis for the last 36-48 hours. I'm glad that his fix has been replicated too. With any luck we will have a database out for download soon. In the mean time, I'll continue to make sure that we actually have a definitive answer to what affects player, ai, or both.

Glad I can help you guys. I think it was about time to anyway, after stalking this forum for the past 4 years to see what mods are others creating. But hey, if I can help, I'll gladly do it. Anyway, back to testing now. I kinda emptied 3 Cola bottles so far, so, I was out buying another one. Helps me keep focused.

Side note: Since I started testing, I noticed that the database editor is bugged too. For one, I had problems saving the values in track_model, because, when I do, the focus jumps to downforce level (without the scroll bar at the bottom moving). If I don't click the scroll bar, the editor doesn't seem to want to save my setting. So, just a note for you guys, it might be not only CM's fault, but a bit the editor's fault (Still thanks to Ryder for making it though).

Great work. Thank you so much for this. It has made the game in career mode much more fair imo.
To clarify. I used these exact same settings & have updated the tyre_wear_level tabs to the suggestions so far & it seems about right even with an aggressive car setup.
To those who are still unsure, I implemented these settings mid season after 1st saving the original database file. I had just finished the race in Bahrain. I logged out of game, adjusted the settings, saved the file, loaded the game and proceeded to the Spanish grand prix practice session. The changes have definitely taken affect & there has been no disruption to my career or save game.
Thanks again for all the work that has gone into this. Like everyone here, I don't mind the high tyre wear as long as the AI cars suffer it too, which they do not. As it appears there is no way to adjust the AI tyre wear, this is the only fair option left to us. (unless some clever sausage comes up with something else).
Big thumbs up guys

Can I confirm with you what exactly you modified. If I understand correctly, you changed the values in the track_tyre_wear_levels tab, and the max_distance tab is that correct? But you didn't modify any of the values regarding track_model (i.e. 1, 2 ,3)?

Let me know if I am understanding you correctly or if its something else

Can I confirm with you what exactly you modified. If I understand correctly, you changed the values in the track_tyre_wear_levels tab, and the max_distance tab is that correct? But you didn't modify any of the values regarding track_model (i.e. 1, 2 ,3)?

Let me know if I am understanding you correctly or if its something else

From what I understand, he modified the track_model values too as I posted them. But, can't say if I'm right, I might have understood wrong.

From what I understand, he modified the track_model values too as I posted them. But, can't say if I'm right, I might have understood wrong.

Well thats why I'm confused because you posted track values for Melbourne, Sepang, and Shanghai, but he ran a race in Spain and found that your changes were effective, although you didn't actually post any track values for Spain

No, I did post them. It was an edit though, so you might have missed it.

The gain isn't that big on the Catalunya track from the looks of things, just around 2 - 3 laps, if I have to guess. Still good enough, I think. Once again, both value 1 and 2 work for Catalunya in track_model, but value 1 strengthens the tyres so much that you will have to pit twice, while 2 asks for 4 pits, like the real race. Monaco next. Thankfully, the 99 flashbacks modification i made to my database works.

Well thats why I'm confused because you posted track values for Melbourne, Sepang, and Shanghai, but he ran a race in Spain and found that your changes were effective, although you didn't actually post any track values for Spain
But, he did. So far we have:
AUS: 3
MAL: 1
CHN: 1
BAH: 2
SPA: 2
MON: 1
CAN: 1
GBR: 2

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period