Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
@kmanitou81 You made your point about the ads and banging on about it isn't going to change anything. One of the best things about AMS is having some interaction with the devs and giving some constructive feedback. You can see well enough from the AC community what happens when criticism isn't constructive, the developers withdraw and couldn't care less what any of us say. Just something to bear in mind when bashing people on here...

"...and now, I've heard it all!"
People 'bitching about a screen which you click away from in less than a minute.
I've done simracing for a long, long time and seen some stupid complaints over the years...this one absolutely takes the 'cake'.
Does the screen impact your racing? ...No.
Does it block your view in any menu? ...No.
Does it impede you in any way? ...No.
Why is this even a discussion.

Last edited:
I guess it´s just a case of not being possible to please everyone. Afterall the overall consensus before release is that we should include the content in the base game so others who don´t own it could still play it online against people that did - but then if it´s in the game, naturally it´s got to be labelled and linked to its purchase page. It´s not like you have to navigate around ads or click through them to get to the regular game, the buttons are all self contained to the respective content space. Surely the wording and overall design could and probably will be tweaked as we progress, but I generally think it does what it needs to do - make people aware of the extra content, give them a chance to preview it, and link them conveniently to purchase if and when they´re ready to do so. If it bothers you so much, you can always delete the content if pretending it´s not there isnt cutting it :)

Anyway,I´m happy to hear most of you are enjoying the pack :) Regarding some of the comments, here are some thoughts that might help you understand our rationale behind this and subsequent DLC packs.

First thing to consider is that we´re targetting a very specific audience which the DLCs, which is the active core of the user base. For those who play it only casually it may seem overpriced, in which case I´d recommend you just wait for a sale or pass it on altogether in case the content doesn´t appeal to you. Not everything has to be made for everyone, and there´s no reason to be offended by having something you´re not interested in in offer :) In fact you may ignore it and still get a lot of value of AMS, as unlike other similar games in which content included in the base game is either very light or non-existent, with AMS the DLCs have been designed to be "premium extras" - something you buy if you´re really engaged with the sim. All DLCs combined will ultimately add up to roughly only 25% of the total game content, so even if you pass on the Brit Pack and everything else that´s to follow, you still have a very complete package featuring 75% of all existing content within the core game.

The comparison with AC is fair - their DLCs are indeed very cheap, and it´s a great model they have. But they also have a lot less content in the base game putting more emphasis on the DLCs, and given they have a much larger user base, they can afford to bring the cost down and pulverise their returns.

Regarding sales - roughly 30% of our active user base already owned the Brit Pack before it was even released, courtesy of either participating in last year´s crowdfunding campaign, having purchased our Membership Pack, or the Season Pass via Steam. Even today, the Season Pass is currently outselling the Brit Pack, which is natural considering the relative small price gap.

Which brings us to pricing - originally we planned to sell each new series for US$ 2.99, and each track for US$ 4.99, which I think most would agree is fair pricing compared to other similar products who sell DLC, even without taking into account the rationale above. Ultimately we decided against selling them individually but as a pack, and shaved off 20% of the total pricing doing so to round it up to US$ 19.99 (the F-Trainer being a free bonus car in that calc). So it´s not a case of the Brit Pack being overpriced, but more like the base game being stuffed with free content and the Season Pass currently selling for a very nice price, courtersy of most of the future packs not being announced yet. People who bought the membership pack including the Season Pass earlier in the year paid only US$ 19.99; those who backed us in last year´s crowdfunding campaign even with a tenner got it all for free... And if you wait for a few months you´ll probably find price drops too. It´s how these things usually work.

Last edited:
It would be nice to enjoy a hobby and spend money on it continuously without being reminded every other week that the games are made by big babies who can't afford community managers and can't accept that their products are not perfect, to be reminded that I should be grateful that they spend time out of their precious little lives to make things I can purchase for "less than a coffee a day".

A bit of professionalism goes a long way. If they want to have their little havens of cheerleaders on their own forums, that's one thing, but to go around insulting the customers is below everything you see from big evil greedy publishers.

Putting ads in the menus of a game, reminding you that you should buy it everytime you want to access the content you own is lame, end of story.

My reply did not say anything about you being right or wrong in your criticism. What I said was that you should give everyone the same possibilities in expressing their opinion, instead of telling them to get lost, which is what I read in your comment. End of story.

About how good this sim is and what a great addition the brit pack is!
Absolutely love the brands hatch GP circuit, I was there a couple of weeks ago to watch the BTCC and this just reminds me of being there walking around the whole track.
Great job guys

Reiza you are doing nothing wrong. Pricing is extremely fair, especially with the season pass and the amount of content provided. I like the advertisement on the initial page it looks very professional, and the content is far more advanced, varied and complete than any other sim.

I bought AC last weekend and even graphically AMS is better. Such much crisper and smoother with very little flickering.

The tracks are amazing. I have Iracing and again with these new tracks especially feel so much more real than any other sim.

Don't let the plonkers with their silly complaints hack you off. You are far more engaged with your community, support and development than any other sim out there.

Thank you Reiza and the great modding community for constantly improving this great title.

How come a question o phrasing became a question of price? Price is fair, they should only change the text. If you change BUY DLC to DLC everybody will understand and that's it. Not a big deal in my opinion.

That's sad. :(
How is that a reasonable expectation?
How can you honestly expect to be able to drive on a track that you don't own? Sure, you can race against Brit pack cars if the server is configured for both DLC and non-DLC cars, but if the race is on a DLC track, that's something that is required both client side and server side.

That's the equivalent of not buying the DLC, and then wondering why you cannot drive the cars.

How is that a reasonable expectation?
How can you honestly expect to be able to drive on a track that you don't own? Sure, you can race against Brit pack cars if the server is configured for both DLC and non-DLC cars, but if the race is on a DLC track, that's something that is required both client side and server side.

That's the equivalent of not buying the DLC, and then wondering why you cannot drive the cars.
With all due respect, I can expect, want and have an opinion about whatever I want. I have purchased the game and season pass, so it doesn't affect me at all. That said, just to clear things, project cars let you join a track you don't own with cars you don't own (at least on consoles) and hosting sessions like that I helped a lot of people to chose between buy or not the DLCs. So based on previous experience , it is reasonable to expect it.

That said, just to clear things, project cars let you join a track you don't own with cars you don't own (at least on consoles) and hosting sessions like that I helped a lot of people to chose between buy or not the DLCs. So based on previous experience , it is reasonable to expect it.
I'm genuinely curious as to how that works, because what you're saying is that you can drive any content even if you don't own it... Am I understanding that right? What's the point of buying anything in PCARS if you can just race with it anyway?

I'm genuinely curious as to how that works, because what you're saying is that you can drive any content even if you don't own it... Am I understanding that right? What's the point of buying anything in PCARS if you can just race with it anyway?
PC as well but you need it for SP, it is a good way for people to try out tracks and cars they don't own. Maybe with that knowledge spreading it will liven up the pCars race club:D. (no hijack intended)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back