Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Having been a backer in the crowdfunding campaign I have had most of the Brit Pack contents for a while...they are worth it, absolutely brilliant...in my opinion.
Reiza has done an amazing job with Automobilista, which for me personally makes it the number one Sim in my collection, decent graphics, amazing FFB / Wheel feel and Audio and the AI are the best in Sim racing so far (my opinion).
Especially like the mixed Multi Class Racing atm....just go to 'All Cars All Tracks', select the car you want to drive, select your 'Opponents', then Track and your away grinning.
My favorite combination atm, I am driving the Opala 1986, opponents Caterham 270R, Mini Challenge, and the Copa Petrobras Marcas at Interlagos Historic...awesome fun....even tried out driving the F1 Formula Reiza against the Superkarts as opponents on Cadwell Park...I know right, that's ridiculous, but incredible fun.
P.S. The above info is for new customers who happen to read this, not the seasoned pro that knows this allready...lol

I think Reiza have done an astonishing job with AMS over the last 9 months, making the most of the strengths of the rF1 engine and compensating well for its weaknesses. All the while with great generosity, optimism, transparency and community involvement. I know that some segments of sim racing tend to be a bit myopic and over-entitled, but the reaction of some people to the concept of compensating these amazing developers for their hard work is truly mind boggling.

Reiza, please continue to put all series in the UI, including those that are unowned. Users should not have to go to Steam or hang-around here or other forums to find out what series are available.

I am sorry, but anyone who thinks that unowned DLC should not be readily indicated and that it's some sort of near-criminal activity by the devs needs their heads examined. It's no interruption of play or pop-ups (who has ever heard of those?!?!), just a simple indication of what would be available in your UI if you bought it. The tracks are also called-out/identified in the track list even after you have bought them.

Let's find something useful to contribute to the Brit Pack release thread. Complaining that relevant purchasable items are displayed in a convenient spot where you might actually see them (please let me know where on the planet one can avoid being bombarded with irrelevant and unrelated advertising because I will move there) is not useful.

What's up with the Ultima Road car?
Can't be serious?
I thought this was AMS not the bad ole days of iceracing....

Let the tyres warm really good for 2 laps and then push.
Remember that this is a 1000kg car with a massive V8, super torque , not sticky tyres and little downforce.

Drive it in Brands Hatch for 20 laps to understand it and I hope that like myself you will find this car as the best car in ANY game. It's amazing.

Unlock does not inform the user they have to pay for the content. And the UI is not hugely different to any other sim. Forza for example shows all DLC cars in the ui last time I checked.

Also you can race against cars you do not own with out purchasing, as well as the UI not being naturally designed for DLC content to be shown this was the easiest way. The season pass is demonstrated clearly as we recommend all people purchase that and not items individually as its clearly a much better deal.

And for god sake bring the level of debate above school playground level.

massive thanks to everyone who is involved with this new dlc pack along with the game in general .
i have all current sims available on my pc and i can drive them all to the same level but i find ams just provides that little magic thing that i believe all other sims are just falling short of . i find it hard to get that real connection to the car from any other sim .

so from me again massive thanks to everyone involved . with out this sim i doubt i would even be sim racing at all anymore

I suppose to be practicing for tonight's r3e Chang International race but I just can'ts stop playing Automobilista now...purchased it recently and after couple of hours spinning everywhere something clicked in and I can't stop it.

MCR in Outlon Park, Caterham in Brands Hatch :geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

I haven't race with such a smile on my face for a long time. This sim is pure joy!!

I've saved some money by not buying racing gloves.

Last edited:
So the ones expressing critisism, have a right to their opinion, but Alex Sawczuk do not have that option? Neat! :thumbsup:
It would be nice to enjoy a hobby and spend money on it continuously without being reminded every other week that the games are made by big babies who can't afford community managers and can't accept that their products are not perfect, to be reminded that I should be grateful that they spend time out of their precious little lives to make things I can purchase for "less than a coffee a day".

A bit of professionalism goes a long way. If they want to have their little havens of cheerleaders on their own forums, that's one thing, but to go around insulting the customers is below everything you see from big evil greedy publishers.

Putting ads in the menus of a game, reminding you that you should buy it everytime you want to access the content you own is lame, end of story.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%