Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
The road Ultima definitely needs more coast % on the def setup. The car behaves rather strangely in off throttle situations..the traction/balance fall off is too violent and abrupt imo...

Only once you ramp the coast % up to 60+ it becomes more composed off throttle and to me it appears much more authentic...
Thanks for sharing that info...will try it out next time....but on a side note, maybe the devs do this on purpose, have the default set up nearly there, so it's up to the driver to tweek the set up to make it better....to me personally that's really satisfying making the car drive / handle better...only an opinion though :)

"The exists no sim with better overall and consistently high quality AI."

He/she hasn't played RF2 then, the AI is far better than AMS!

Not consistently better. Cars are missing or have flawed VEH and RCD files. Drivers are expected to train AI, etc. etc. etc. Mixed bag. POTENTIAL (across the board in rF2) is impressive, but, sadly, much (most?) of the potential may never be realized or requires work to achieve.

Thanks for sharing that info...will try it out next time....but on a side note, maybe the devs do this on purpose, have the default set up nearly there, so it's up to the driver to tweek the set up to make it better....to me personally that's really satisfying making the car drive / handle better...only an opinion though :)

Agree 100% but I disagree that this particular setup is not very driveable in fact I consider it one of the best default setups ever for its combination of driveability and excitement. These cars aren't for everyone, surely.

Multiclass in Ams does not work same class the AI does batter you out of the way at times

Yeah you may be right and also multi-class could use some love in other areas, also, but I wouldn't dock AMS for this as I think ease of use trumps multi-class ; for me it does at least.

Not consistently better. Cars are missing or have flawed VEH and RCD files. Drivers are expected to train AI, etc. etc. etc. Mixed bag. POTENTIAL (across the board in rF2) is impressive, but, sadly, much (most?) of the potential may never be realized or requires work to achieve.

Out of the box with ISI content the AI is consistently better than in AMS, what you're talking about (learning, talent, veh) is 3rd party content which is another story altogether.

Both AMS and rF2 AI give a great and pretty believable race. IMHO where rF2 has it all over AMS is that rF2 AI behaves much more believably when things get a little messy: they don't behave as if glued to track during a collision*; they're properly affected by gravel and grass; they don't regain the track in seconds after running off; they're seemingly better affected by damage and tyre wear.

As Kevin Knorpp alluded to, rF2 is generally running a technically superior system, whose potential is not properly realised due to its subpar presentation, inaccessibility, and highly inconsistent quality. At the moment my usage of AMS totally eclipses rF2 because it feels so consistent and polished and gives a great out of the box experience with minimal frigging around required. And in keeping with the thread topic, the Brit Pack cars and tracks are some of the greatest driving combos to ever grace my computer.

* There's thankfully been a bit of work on this lately in AMS, AI are now merely magnetically attracted to the racing line rather than being expoxied to it :)

Dont play AMS much as i should , its always felt better than the other sim but still doesnt get much hours. Main reason for me i think is online is very closed and dead like RF2.

Still the night before the Porsche dlc for AC drops i buy the season pass...........made a mistake, should have bought this earlier!

Every car in the Brit pack feels awesome, AMS feels, looks and sounds better than ever.
Servers are busy and its looking all good .
Great job Reiza on the update and Brit pack.

Would love VR support but for now i hope more focus goes to help creating a good multiplayer structure and increasing online participation .

Dont play AMS much as i should , its always felt better than the other sim but still doesnt get much hours. Main reason for me i think is online is very closed and dead like RF2.
No it's not. It's very much the in thing here.:thumbsup: Races are busy and the racing is fair and clean. What more can you ask for?

No it's not. It's very much the in thing here.:thumbsup: Races are busy and the racing is fair and clean. What more can you ask for?

Busy since when please?
ive been playing since GSC ,and theres always been only a few private and open servers.

if you read my post i said below severs are now busy.

Yes new content has helped recently increase activity...

What is an AI mod?
Out of the box with ISI content the AI is consistently better than in AMS, what you're talking about (learning, talent, veh) is 3rd party content which is another story altogether.

I don't do public servers as they are full of idiots and crashers.
Surprisingly that doesn't seem to be the case as much with AMS. I spent 2,5 hours last night on random public Brit Pack servers and had amazing races without incidents. Maybe the laptimes were more sporadic than usual, but clean and fair racing all the way. ;)

P.S.: Not being mainstream has it's positives... :)

Last edited:
I probably will get bashed for saying... that I spent a few hours with Caterham 360 at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch, and in terms of driving I think Caterham on these tracks in PCars feels more fun and engaging to drive. Many people are praising PCars for the GT4 class, and I think Caterhams and Atoms in PCars are a bit underrated.

My 2 cents. Still, great contents from Reiza. The more the merrier.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%