Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
regarding the
Unlock does not inform the user they have to pay for the content. And the UI is not hugely different to any other sim. Forza for example shows all DLC cars in the ui last time I checked.

Also you can race against cars you do not own with out purchasing, as well as the UI not being naturally designed for DLC content to be shown this was the easiest way. The season pass is demonstrated clearly as we recommend all people purchase that and not items individually as its clearly a much better deal.

And for god sake bring the level of debate above school playground level.

Just image you release another 50 to 100 DLC items... If I don't purchase any or just purchase half... I will have more loaded land mines than actual working tools.

Buy all means add a store page to the GUI but please remove these items from the normal everyday car/track selection.

The way I see it is the GUI is broken and I need to purchase the DLC to correct it.

When KS did this in AC I was able to delete it the folders.
Perhaps you can solve this by proving us a way to remove or hide these items.
Is there a directory can I delete?

regarding the

Just image you release another 50 to 100 DLC items... If I don't purchase any or just purchase half... I will have more loaded land mines than actual working tools.

Buy all means add a store page to the GUI but please remove these items from the normal everyday car/track selection.

The way I see it is the GUI is broken and I need to purchase the DLC to correct it.

When KS did this in AC I was able to delete it the folders.
Perhaps you can solve this by proving us a way to remove or hide these items.
Is there a directory can I delete?

Maybe offering people a way to hide DLC items they are not interested in is something we can look into the future, but right now, that would be taking time away from actual feature development, so I don't know how that would be managed in the priorities of development - and it's not my call. If we release 50-100 DLC items fair enough, but your main complaint was the tracks and there are only DLC 5 tracks planned and 3 of them are already out...

Maybe offering people a way to hide DLC items they are not interested in is something we can look into the future, but right now, that would be taking time away from actual feature development, so I don't know how that would be managed in the priorities of development - and it's not my call. If we release 50-100 DLC items fair enough, but your main complaint was the tracks and there are only DLC 5 tracks planned and 3 of them are already out...
Don't bother. For me it seems like a minor visual annoyance with the UI for a vocal minority of us end users. I honestly can't believe this subject has taken over the thread. Knowing that this is exactly how other devs do it too in their games, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Reiza would like to promote their DLC ingame like that also.

Besides the DLC is not that expensive, if you do not have the financial means ATM wait for a sale and you won't see it anymore afterwards, if you're not interested and that's why you don't purchase it you are missing out. I have driven virtual Caterhams in many racing games so far but none have felt this good, same for the other cars on offer.:thumbsup:

Throwing a bit of love out their for the AMS folks and the Brit Pack. It is pretty impressive what this team is coming up with - I've played with car sims over many many years. I seem to always be picking them up and putting them down as the "generations" have evolved. Recent round of getting back into it I've been trying out PCars, AC, R3E, IR and AMS. AMS is the only one to get my (short span of) attention. I am really really impressed. The core physics / driveability coupled with pretty diverse content, great sound and reasonable graphics has meant that I've not played the others since. So much so that I'm personally seeing if I can divert some funds away from the real thing in the garage to get an OSW+rig to put next to it.

It's been fun to be part of the beta and actually see the comments from other like minded people be taken into account during the beta. Having a real life overpowered 7 it's been quite interesting from that front to compare simulation of the Cats vs IRL - just how in depth feedback has been and taken into updates.

I bet with a bit more marketing budget and a DX11 graphics engine that took advantage of these fancy new cards - they would have a very interesting outlook... obviously programmers aren't cheap so I voted with my wallet and got the season pass to help them along.

Well done Reiza !

I'm genuinely curious as to how that works, because what you're saying is that you can drive any content even if you don't own it... Am I understanding that right? What's the point of buying anything in PCARS if you can just race with it anyway?

You can race anything on PCars online, but you can't race it offline if you don't own the DLC.

It's honestly great: You can still buy the content if you think that practising offline is important, but you aren't missing out on, say, RD's club racing just because you have to be carefull on your spending for a while. It's far better then Assetto Corsa's ultra-restrictive model

Don't bother. For me it seems like a minor visual annoyance with the UI for a vocal minority of us end users. I honestly can't believe this subject has taken over the thread. Knowing that this is exactly how other devs do it too in their games, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Reiza would like to promote their DLC ingame like that also..:thumbsup:

It's not about the $$ but rather 15 intrusive entries in the GUI system which load the very same steam page every time... the single link on the top right of the page should have been enough...

It's not about the $$ but rather 15 intrusive entries in the GUI system which load the very same steam page every time... the single link on the top right of the page should have been enough...
Maybe i didn't understand the issue correctly then. I thought it was just the text which is displayed under the icons of the cars and the tracks?

Maybe i didn't understand the issue correctly then. I thought it was just the text which is displayed under the icons of the cars and the tracks?
How will you be reminded that you're not a good enough consumer, then?

I have no doubts is a great quality mod.

If I do get it would be season pass but I’ll wait for more details of all that’s included.
I honestly do not see what the problem is. Just ignore it. It doesn't affect you on track. And in all honesty you are missing out on one hell of a driving experience.... The caterhams are just pure fun

When pCARS licensed the Motorsport Vision tracks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotorSport_Vision) = Brands, Oulton, Cadwell and Snetterton, they were able to receive laser scan point cloud data for all 4 of them as part of the license. Sadly on the old WMD forum, while they have pretty pictures of the point cloud import of each track, I can't find any exact details as to how the license worked other than this.

I'm now very curious as to whether this was an optional "pay extra for the point cloud data" or came as part of the licensing deal....

Yes tried them myself last night, and the cars are all a blast to drive although that Ultima road car is soo much different than the track car its scary.
Not sure what Caterhams sound like, though I thought they were a bit throatier than these sound, but thats a very minor quibble at best.
When I tried all these on the Beta I had some stuttering, which I never have had before, it seems to be gone now in the final version.

The road Ultima definitely needs more coast % on the def setup. The car behaves rather strangely in off throttle situations..the traction/balance fall off is too violent and abrupt imo...

Only once you ramp the coast % up to 60+ it becomes more composed off throttle and to me it appears much more authentic...

Re-post from source...

GENERAL AUTOMOBILISTA COMMENTS

Automobilista has made all other sims irrelevant for me personally.

The immersion is in-explainable and sounds are clearly a priority.

The feeling, especially around the limit, is superb.

The amount of fun delivered by content is ridiculous.

The comprehensive functionality and consistently high quality throughout every aspect of the game is unmatched.

The ease of use and great out of the box experience means more racing and less fiddling.

The exists no sim with better overall and consistently high quality AI.

One potential opportunity for improvement is ability to change Eye Point without generating a mismatch. The ability to control camera is important in order to get correctly view from cockpit given different equipment/FOV as well as to compensate for poor hood views ; especially when using Real Head Motion.

BRIT PACK COMMENTS

Oulton Park – There is no more exciting track in sim racing ; AI needs dramatic improvement, however, but I have faith Reiza will take care of this.

Ultima GTR Road – There is no more exciting car in sim racing.

Brands Hatch – Excellent quality and this track needs no introduction.

Trainers – Both are amazing and perfect for learning balance and throttle control.

Caterhams – All drive great with 620R being the most exciting, the 360R and 270 getting bonus points for manual transmissions and the 270 being compared to Miata by some.

MCR 2000 – A little on the easy side for me personally but can make more exciting with setup changes.

Cadwell – High quality and great for slower vehicles.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back