Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm genuinely curious as to how that works, because what you're saying is that you can drive any content even if you don't own it... Am I understanding that right? What's the point of buying anything in PCARS if you can just race with it anyway?

You can use it if the host has it on cue (For cars, the host has to lock to a single car to work). For you to host a server or play single player with them, you have to buy it. It is a very good method to spread the word about the content.

Finally got time to sit down with the Brit Pack and get some real racing in. Besides the fact that the drivers head clips through the chair in the 270's the Caterhams are so much fun. Well done, and expectations raised for the next one :p

More europe tracks...
8cbd31902406ca7eb6ec5767c0b6fcc9.jpg

Maybe can Reiza a platform for old racing.... like power & glory..and Gt legends..
And old tracks Nurburgring 1960`s (it has never happened after Grandprix legends) And that is in my
opinion the best track every in racing before it was rebuild in the 70`s.. everybody makes they
current version in simracing but the old one... Ohh man it`s so great!!

Then Reiza is winning.. and I think more people buy reiza. The Nurburgring like a eyecatcher.
Love the britpack because it's more in my neighborhood.

You can use it if the host has it on cue (For cars, the host has to lock to a single car to work). For you to host a server or play single player with them, you have to buy it. It is a very good method to spread the word about the content.

I would say that just adds confusion. If you don't own a track, you shouldn't be able to drive on it, no matter if online or offline. Otherwise you get very little payback for the extra money invested. Also it forces you to download a lot of bloat. If I don't own a track, I don't want 500 MB extra space wasted on my HDD:

bloody hell, those pesky chevy v8 are good in en(g)lish style i must admit,trying a 85% fight with the ai is like trafalgar in hougoumont.it is very hard,for now i can not take the farm yet,and hence getting a gun to get nelson out of it, in brand hatch....good fun hard car

ps; i say it because i am french, lol i guess,c'est la vie

Well the Brit Pack cost me around €55..... Because it forced me to finally buy AMS and the season pass :)

I am very happy to see how far Reiza has taken the old rF1 engine. Graphically tracks are looking nice, car models are good too. Obviously not up to pCARS or AC at Ultra settings on a modern PC, but then that wasn't expected. Graphically I'd say AMS is outperforming rF2, which was a surprise.

The best thing is how much more of a coherent experience AMS is to rF1/2. Everything is up to a good quality level, to support the physics/FFB, which are clearly the star of the show. Right now Oulton Pack with the Caterham 320R is topping my list of "fun things to do with AMS", and that will probably remain so for quite a while, unless I can find a top notch Donington Park mod to displace it?

Awesome awesome awesome; enough said. I cannot see myself going back to anything else.

Dusted off AC the other day and played about 5 mins before I was bored. AMS just leaves you wanting more.

Let's see how RF2 pans out now, simply a brilliant set of engines

does anyone know if the brit pack tracks are laser scaned?

Doubt it, I would imagine basic track for BH is borrowed from RF2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back