Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
AI don't cheat???? If in Monza I leave them far behind on the exit of the parabolica and I get caught at finish line, ...even with low fuel and minimum downforce and perfect good tyre condition!!
what do you call that???

do you know anything about slipstream?
second thing is the max. speed of this car is limited anyway. So go for higher wings and better gear ratios. But i think you just cant drive fast enough, so that wont help, sorry ;).

Try the modded AI Events or mod your game a little bit. Race then against BMW 1M, KTM and normal BMW E30. They drive in my opinion way better, then you would expect. :laugh:

Tried my first few races now, so here is my OPINION about it. The AI for their first try in AC still can need some improvements, they really need to be adjusted that if they really can avoid hitting another car, the AI really SHOULD avoid hitting another car! I had plenty of moments where the AI could pass me or brake in time but they just ram right in you. :( It feels they are mostly on a rails now.

But seeing how fast the developer can be in response of the community and it's still early in development i see this problem being tweaked soon! First try at AI are very promising! I was expecting a allot worse experience!:geek:

Should we stop exposing AI issues? because i have alot more videos to show plenty of them

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that this AI is the first release version? Of course they're going to improve it. What we have now with 0.5.3 is essentially beta AI. Why would you expect perfection on their first attempt?

You're getting far too worked up about this. Just stop whining. It's getting ridiculous.

We get it, the AI isn't brilliant at the moment, but it's so early in the development process it's really not worth getting this mad about it.

Chris you don't understand... all i want to say is that I'm disapointed with such AI release.
I only get mad to people that are saying AI is fine and i'm the one who has to learn how to race....
My videos are here to show the AI issues and nothing else!
They shouldn't be used for stupid comments like "...you brake too much, and bla bla bla"...
When this is what is happening all the time:

Chris you don't understand... all i want to say is that I'm disapointed with such AI release.
I only get mad to people that are saying AI is fine and i'm the one who has to learn how to race....
My videos are here to show the AI issues and nothing else!
They shouldn't be used for stupid comments like "...you brake too much, and bla bla bla"...
When this is what is happening all the time:

if you feel like you have to post your videos about the AI here, why don't you take a few extra seconds and show these videos over at Kunos too? It's much more useful.

So much drama, so little time.

I know some are trying to be constructive in their criticism. We all know the AI isn't perfect, but you'd be naive to expect anything close to perfect at this stage.

When the AI touched the back of me at Monza, then proceeded to fishtail / drift amazingly all the way through Ascari and down to Parabolica (in a Ken Block stylee) - I laughed my head off. Watched it from every angle and continued to laugh.

I did consider posting it here on RD purely because it was funny - not as an example of bad AI. Then I remembered that every thread on the RD AC section ends up as an opinion based punch-up.
Opinions of an unfinished game which are so passionate, that people are willing to put their memberships (and any shred of respect other members may have for them) on the line in order to continuously peddle these opinions, or respond to these opinions.

Most threads are fairly passive-aggressive, some are just plain rude - but they are all growing very tiresome to the silent majority no doubt. Whoever mentioned the ban hammer was dead on.

I feel no impulse to berate Kunos as the game will improve.
Sadly, the mentality of some AC players will not.

I think the lesson here is that I obviously don't take my (unfinished) games seriously enough!

Should we stop exposing AI issues? because i have alot more videos to show plenty of them

I am guessing that Kunos will really appreciate specific feedback and examples of where the AI could be improved. They will appreciate it even more if it is delivered in a professional or respectful manner that takes into account the fact this is version 1 in a alpha/beta stage of release.

Dont know if anyone already found a way to do it but i just found how to create longer races ... here it is a 15 laps with 12 cars 1M @ Monza (fixed setup)

unrar and copy the SPECIAL_EVENT_100 folder into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\specialevents"

you also need to copy the bmw_1M folder into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\
assettocorsa\system\setups" so there is fuel enough for you and te AI's

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57156690/Special Events/1M @ Monza 15 laps.rar

I am guessing that Kunos will really appreciate specific feedback and examples of where the AI could be improved. They will appreciate it even more if it is delivered in a professional or respectful manner that takes into account the fact this is version 1 in a alpha/beta stage of release.

I agree, (mod edit: stop provoking a situation).

Dont know if anyone already found a way to do it but i just found how to create longer races ... here it is a 15 laps with 12 cars 1M @ Monza (fixed setup)
Yeah a few of us have looked into making our own special events.

Not only can you make longer (or shorter) races, you can set what kind of event it is (hotlap, drag, drift, race) You can set what track it is. You can set what car you will be using. How many AI drivers there are, what car, carskin, name and nationality they have (they do not have to be the same as your car, or even each other)
You can also set things like the ambient and road temperature
you can also set how difficult the 4 difficulties are (easy,medium,hard,alien)
You can set how the event works.. IE are you against the timer (like hotlap), is it points based (like drift), or do you have to come first (like race)
There is even a section that I THINK controls how many sets of tyres you are allowed per race

The only thing i cant figure out is how to do a "race weekend" which is a practice session, qualify then the actual race. Im 99% sure on how it works, im sure its to do with the "session_0" section. Im pretty sure you will need a "session_1" and "session_2" but the issue is the "TYPE" i know type 3 is quickrace, type 4 is hotlap, type 6 is drift and type 7 is drag, but i dont know what type a practise or qualify is.. i wonder if i contacted Kunos and asked, they would tell me ?? Or has anyone else here figured that one out? probably be worth me making a post on here asking...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.