Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
Moving in the braking zone like Pedro did in that clip, would immediately give you a penalty in F1.

Moving in the braking zone is a NO GO.

Like expected, many complaints about the AI come from people who are (partly) to blame themselves.

1st - we are not racing F1
2nd - since not in F1 you are allways to blame for colliding with the car ahead, unless he makes contact by closing the gap after you made your move for overtaking, or if he brakes hard enough to intentionally make you crash.
What i did was open the gap so he could overtake and then i got hit before i could touch the brakes.
so keep your comments for your kids

Yeah its a valid point.Might be another reason for that behavior.Maybe the AI tried to keep the slip stream line and didnt anticipated the car in front will brake early....i can see AI slowed a bit but not fast enough...It was a "Holy s.." moment for AI hahaha

No way....i gave him plenty of time and space to avoid me!!!! We were in a straight line for God sake, I'm sorry but if someone can´t avoid me there they have serious handicap....

:roflmao:,you brake way to early,because you wanted to make a point,and you dont even get off the line properly and you expect what...Senna reflexes from AI in such a short distance and time?...:roflmao:

Where the hell did you see me braking [mod edit : Use there forum name, not a derogative term]???? I slowly start braking the same time i felt the impact!!!
I didn't want to make any point when i was racing. it just happens all the time even at full speed straight lines!!!!
And by the way Senna reflexes are useless against this mad AI

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Pedro has finally convinced me that the AI is bugged. It only took 500 posts, but I believe him. I'm just sad that this is the finished version of AI, and I find it really surprising that they're not going to work out the bugs a little bit before 1.0. Real shame. I'm even more disappointed that Kunos didn't get it right the first time out. I don't know how to write code, let alone create an artificial intelligence, but I do know that it should be perfect the first time.

Unrelatedly, can someone tell me how to block or ignore a user? I've never done it before.

Just did the Formula Abarth event at Monza.

That was one of the best racing experiences I've had in a loooong time.
I know some people are complaining about the AI at this point, but they honestly were really good in that race.

I mean, they had a bit of a bungle at the first turn on the first lap, and can be a little erratic at times, but for 95% of the time they were actually... really great. I mean, they had they're own little battles, and knew when to concede and attack. It was seriously fun.

Not saying they're perfect, but I think a lot of people are being pretty doom-and-gloom about it. This is the first game where I've felt that the AI don't cheat, it feels very equal.

I cannot wait for Multiplayer!

Here's the final 2 laps of the race where I went from 6th to 4th on Hard difficulty.
Would've uploaded the whole race, but would take too long with Australian upload speeds. lol

[medio]6067[/medio]

Last edited:
Where the hell did you see me braking boy???? I slowly start braking the same time i felt the impact!!!
I didn't want to make any point when i was racing. it just happens all the time even at full speed straight lines!!!!
And by the way Senna reflexes are useless against this mad AI

Don't like it? Away and play GT, Shift, F1 2035 or whatever it is that gives you pleasure running rings around AI.
Leave the proper sims to the big boys.

TTFN xx

post #66 http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-3-released.80945/page-4#post-1621315 ...
you mean you couldn't avoid crashing against me there???? lol what a pro you are dude.....

... goes into my top 100 of "most excellent internet forums replies since the invention of Internet forums" :thumbsup:

I am very impressed how well you can comprehend and interpret a message that was directed to a previous message and tries to underline a main statement of the same.

And thanks for the compliment! I am a pretty good sim-racer, yes that is true. But I wouldn't have thought that I am a real pro, like an alien. Thanks for watching the races and following me there. :inlove:

However I'm sincerely sorry that you didn't reach the top 10 of my "most excellent internet forum replies" list in return, I guess you have to try harder. Good luck!

Is there a way to save all the event of 5 laps and not only the three last laps?
(All four events, when I save the replay, it keeps only the three last laps)

The 0.5.3 update increased the size of the replay file to a maximum of 500MB (old was 200 max) so turn it up to max and it will save all laps.
Om my system the replay file ends up being about 410-430MB for 5 laps on Silverstone.

The 0.5.3 update increased the size of the replay file to a maximum of 500MB (old was 200 max) so turn it up to max and it will save all laps.
Om my system the replay file ends up being about 410-430MB for 5 laps on Silverstone.

Thank you for the reply, could you tell me where can I find the option to increase the size of the replay. Is it in game or do I have to go to game files in system?

Just did the Formula Abarth event at Monza.

That was one of the best racing experiences I've had in a loooong time.
I know some people are complaining about the AI at this point, but they honestly were really good in that race.

I mean, they had a bit of a bungle at the first turn on the first lap, and can be a little erratic at times, but for 95% of the time they were actually... really great. I mean, they had they're own little battles, and knew when to concede and attack. It was seriously fun.

Not saying they're perfect, but I think a lot of people are being pretty doom-and-gloom about it. This is the first game where I've felt that the AI don't cheat, it feels very equal.

I cannot wait for Multiplayer!

Here's the final 2 laps of the race where I went from 6th to 4th on Hard difficulty.
Would've uploaded the whole race, but would take too long with Australian upload speeds. lol

[medio]6067[/medio]

AI don't cheat???? If in Monza I leave them far behind on the exit of the parabolica and I get caught at finish line, ...even with low fuel and minimum downforce and perfect good tyre condition!!
what do you call that???

post #66 http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-3-released.80945/page-4#post-1621315 ...

... goes into my top 100 of "most excellent internet forums replies since the invention of Internet forums" :thumbsup:

I am very impressed how well you can comprehend and interpret a message that was directed to a previous message and tries to underline a main statement of the same.

And thanks for the compliment! I am a pretty good sim-racer, yes that is true. But I wouldn't have thought that I am a real pro, like an alien. Thanks for watching the races and following me there. :inlove:

However I'm sincerely sorry that you didn't reach the top 10 of my "most excellent internet forum replies" list in return, I guess you have to try harder. Good luck!

Keep it up . we all grow one day)

(mod edit ... Stop and stop this now.. that applies to all of you ..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea