Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
Lol implying those quotes weren't the main points of their respective posts..
:giggle:

1) I am NOT twisting words. I gave exact quotations as evidence that you said those things. Yet you act as if I made it up. And they were not out of context because those quotes were the majority and main points of your comments. YOU are the one trying to twist words!

2) Saying you're not going to do something until it is fixed IS A DEFINITIVE STATEMENT. How much more f***ing clearly do I need to explain that to you?! I even gave you the exact definition of the word and examples of where you made definitive statements, and you still ignored it!!

3) No this isn't the official forum. But the Kunos developers do come here often for feedback/advice. Incase you decide to actually comprehend what I have written, then you can report more specific feedback to their official forum, which can be found here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

4) No one here is a paid beta tester. That's why Kunos opened this game up to the community as an "Early Access" version. We buy the game now and in return we provide feedback. That's how it works. You're not obliged to provide feedback, but for the betterment of the game, it's helpful.

5) You are most welcome to post your ignorant and "vulgar, poorly-worded opinion on here", but just know that you are giving opinions, not actual facts, as you claimed you were before.
I'm not even going to bother with you anymore.

Cant really say im having issues with any of the 4 special events. all cars seem to drive perfectly fine. Only time i seem to have issues is when i dont stick to the official 4 special events and i access race mode proper. Picking a car that hasnt had its AI programmed will cause some odd effects (obviously) like every car pulling away from the line and then slamming itself into the sidewalls, or just wheel spinning in a small circle.. But the actual 4 special event races, i cant say ive had an issue really, everything seems fine.

What size was this update? I've just had a 10mb update today but was online yesterday, how do you know what version you have? Looking at the files a couple are dated 18:15 today and i haven't run it today; acs.exe and acs.pdb

Edit: just noticed changelog not changed, not sure what that was then.

This is my recent AI's experience driving with 1M @ Imola, Monza, and Mugello

Im learning a lot with this AI's and im following 3 rules that allow me to enjoy the race without incidents and making me a better driver at same time

<snip />

Completely agree. I posted something myself along these lines on the AC forums. I pretty much follow these rules (although hadn't quite articulated them like that), drive defensively and smart around them, and actually learn a lot picking when to make a move, and when to be patient and hang back a little, waiting for my chance.

I created a couple of custom events, including a 10 lap Silverstone/Formula Abarth that is testing my focus to the limits. The start is nuts if you dive in and try to battle them through turn 1 and 2. Much better to hang back, and with a bit of luck, they've messed those up so badly, you'll pass 4-5 cars easily just by navigating around the crashing cars.

Once the race is at pace and cars a bit more spread out, just pick where you're faster and take opportunity of that. So, like newbs, they dont really know how to take certain corners at speed. Great! That gives you a chance. And just don't put yourself into a position where you're at danger. If they have the line, just don't force the pass. They really seem to presume we drive according to proper race rules.

Since doing that (and sunday's patch), other than a soft bump in a busy corner (that's manageable) I have not had any real problems, anymore, and sometimes they are actually a bit too polite If you have a good inside line, even if you're not actually ahead, AI is aware of you and concedes (when arguably they then really have the right of way and I should be the one braking.) Rather than too aggressive, at times they seem to be almost too polite.

No doubt there will be tweaks, but I hope not in a substantial way. I like them. They have some blind spots here and there, but they seem to have a personality (be it all the same at the moment) and overall I am really happy with the company on the track, and had some great races. Only thing I wonder about is whether new racers, say the simcade crowd, will have the patience for it. I hotlapped for nearly 200 hrs before AI got into the game. If it had been there from the start, and I'd tried it without some serious practice time alone on track, I'd probably hate it.

It looks like a "bug" from here ... you brake and move right ... i think AI decided to overtake you as soon as you brake and if you stayed where you were he would probably succed (or not :) ) ... but he should be able to see that you moved right and kept is line ... i think you should report it on AC Forums ... thats the kind of info they could use to improve AI's. If that was what happened its a understandable "bug" since what you did is not a "normal move" ... usually drivers go right first and then brake but because you start brake in front of him he got confused i guess

It is a bug i know. but i have no responsability on the incident for sure

Based on that video evidence, if you are running 3 metres behind any car - which is not a long distance at all - and the guy ahead brakes so much too soon, chances are you are going to get the car behind running into the one in front.

As far as the line change goes, perhaps the AI thought that you were changing line in the braking zone to take evasive action, thus he did the same. There is no other valid reason to change line in that corner's braking zone.

There are probably bugs, yes - I haven't tried the AI yet - but considering this is the first release of the AI, the fact that they can complete 5 laps is already a good start.

Also, remember that these cars are computer-controlled - they race as they would normally race, 100 percent committed, looking to brake as late as possible. They are not aware, nor are they assuming, that you are gonna brake test them with a non-racing style braking manoeuvre, and they are looking for a reasonable braking point. I am certain I would've run into the back of you there as well, due to your mistake of assuming I would anticipate this.

i turn right because i'm allways rear ended by AI even in straight line on full throttle. At Monza i 'm faster out of the parabolica but AI catches me after the finish line, and i if don't open the gap i get rear ended before i even start to brake for the chicane...
sorry but It is a AI huge bug my friends

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%