Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

• Deleted member 151827

Not sure this is the same option but look into my imgur album, I linked the nvidia inspector version I'm using.
Feel like a noob. lol. Where is your image album located? Thanks
Also. the track was Monza that i was having the replay issue. I tried other tracks and is smooth as can be!

Guys, we have "THE" formula Abarth, 20 meters under our offices several times every year. We use AC one to prepare newbies and to train veteran drivers. We had access to any kind of data that exist, and the telemetry (at vallelunga, same track) says that our DOES it on the same way: second gear, full throttle, no dangers, full grip...
Laptimes are difficult to compare. Before driving the real one, Instructors brainwash drivers on how much does cost to even scratch one, how much to bend a suspension arm ecc ecc
But you don't know how many times we could literally overlap telemetries...
You have to live with it.

• Deleted member 151827

Attachments

• 3214.jpg
    3214.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 220
I had to disable crossfire on my 6950's because of lots of flickering. Running AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 9.2

I was running 13.9, I updated to 13.11 Beta 9.2 and now both of my 7850's are utilized AND running very smooth! On Vallelunga with the BMW GT2 I am getting 105-125 FPS at 1920x1080 with HDR and 4X 4X, Both GPU's are pegged at 95-99%, CPU hovers around 17-18%. I have to say, I sure wish pCARS would run this well.

Andrew Ford on 10/11/2013 at 15:44 said:

AmirBan

Andrew Ford
I have motion blur set high and hdr on…i want the best graphics available on my cpu
is this correct or should i turn hdr off and motion blur off?

HDR and Motion Blur are Post Processing effects and have nothing to do with your CPU, it's on your GPU or iGPU or APU or whatever

so in english?lol
sorry but i don't understand too much technical sttuff?

is hdr to do with brightenning colours and motion blur does….?

motion blur is only bluring game and make it look bad in my opinion, sure it add some blury stuff and add cinematic looks to it but in AC it didn't make a good job.

do as "Andre" told you and you will get the best out of the game, however i didn't used nvidia's inspector. i just turned-off V-sync and enabled v-sync as adaptive in my control panel.

Shut up guys, those who are saying they can't make the car slide, it's too grippy, etçª, i bet they've never doing it in their lives. Cars are safe, mostly understeery, if they were made to slide for sure thousands of deaths would happen on our roads. Don't think rFactor2 simulates real life physics for example because at 100 km's/h on a large corner the car slides like hell on slick tires with race springs like it was on ice and that's just stupid, not even my road car does that!! Just shut up and enjoy the game with the best physics ever made, that recreate a real car behaviour...

Shut up guys, those who are saying they can't make the car slide, it's too grippy, etçª, i bet they've never doing it in their lives. Cars are safe, mostly understeery, if they were made to slide for sure thousands of deaths would happen on our roads. Don't think rFactor2 simulates real life physics for example because at 100 km's/h on a large corner the car slides like hell on slick tires with race springs like it was on ice and that's just stupid, not even my road car does that!! Just shut up and enjoy the game with the best physics ever made, that recreate a real car behaviour...
rf2 has real road technology, you need to rubber track. real life drivers have said sometimes a track can be like driving ice at first.

Street cars are indeed made safe and understeery and AC simulates them quite well in my view. Race cars such as the Lotus 49, without any wings, can hardly be called "safe and understeery". I made a video comparison between the rF2 Brabham and AC Lotus (can be viewed in the video thread) - the AC Lotus 49 requires you to either forcibly throw it into a slide in each corner or apply a very high degree of lock, both styles which I find unrealistic. Below is a reference picture of the lock I have to use in the penultimate Monza turn (this is if I don't purposely throw the car into a slide, but in a high-speed corner like this it would be an even more unrealistic way to drive). My judgement at the moment is that street cars are good, race cars need yet to be improved.

ac_vs_rf2.PNG

A question occured to me, not sure if anybody can answer. The "nurburgring" or "germany" as they have advertised it circuit. Is this the full Nordschleife circuit or just the GP circuit as we saw in FVA?

I'm itching to drive on the Nords, would be a massive bummer if it turns out that we don't get this circuit in the game.

Street cars are indeed made safe and understeery and AC simulates them quite well in my view. Race cars such as the Lotus 49, without any wings, can hardly be called "safe and understeery". I made a video comparison between the rF2 Brabham and AC Lotus (can be viewed in the video thread) - the AC Lotus 49 requires you to either forcibly throw it into a slide in each corner or apply a very high degree of lock, both styles which I find unrealistic. Below is a reference picture of the lock I have to use in the penultimate Monza turn (this is if I don't purposely throw the car into a slide, but in a high-speed corner like this it would be an even more unrealistic way to drive). My judgement at the moment is that street cars are good, race cars need yet to be improved.

ac_vs_rf2.PNG

Rossi had to steer a lot in this video on the long COTA corners:

l49.png

The corner radius isn't like in your video, but nevertheless it might tell us something.

Guys, we have "THE" formula Abarth, 20 meters under our offices several times every year. We use AC one to prepare newbies and to train veteran drivers. We had access to any kind of data that exist, and the telemetry (at vallelunga, same track) says that our DOES it on the same way: second gear, full throttle, no dangers, full grip...
Laptimes are difficult to compare. Before driving the real one, Instructors brainwash drivers on how much does cost to even scratch one, how much to bend a suspension arm ecc ecc
But you don't know how many times we could literally overlap telemetries...
You have to live with it.

I would like to see that telemetry... because... why can I push full throttle despite destroying my setup to get worst handling in last Vallelunga chicane and other turns with any sign of danger or oversteer when in real life they have to pass throught that corners safely or fighting with the car? I say safely or fighting with the car because there are obviously two ways to race, maintaining the car on the road and achieving constant laptimes and controlling to not to get oversteer, that this is the most viewed way to race we can see in a video or in real race. And the other one is pushing like hell throwing the car almost with no care and in the edge of grip limit, pushing full throttle before than usually, braking later than usually, and turning more aggressiely than usualy, with a pace that is dangerous to maintain and It's more strange to see (despite of that there is lots of videos where you can clearly see what I'm talking about). This second way to drive It's almost impossible in AC, I tried so hard to push as I could, and I only can slide the car in tighter turns (1st gear) and pushing so hard the throttle pedal, and even doing that I only get so little slides and speed lose doing impossible to mainain slides at corner exits (slides I get at 1st gear are even shorter than Lacosa's slides at Vallelunga at 2nd and 3rd gear). And repeat, I tried different setups and compounds... the overal feeling of the car is the same, I don't care about laptimes... I think I can beat for at least 1 second Lacosta's times at Vallelunga with default setup.

I have only kart racing experience but I think I know what I'm talking about having friends that work as F3 engineers and another one driving a GT3 Porsche that can say me lots of feelings, and that works with actual telemetrys I can see.

The car It's not so easy to drive, they do looks It easier... if were so easy, why this guy has to reapair a F3 almost every month because DRIVEX team drivers destroy that car so easily...?

The car looks pretty planted in the video (a little understeery), he is screwing up the downshifts into the corners and is driving the car well below the limit. However, the car appears to be on modern tyres, which would make it nothing like how it was in the 1960's. The tyres are arguably the most important part so the video really tells us nothing when we're on vintage treaded tyres and he's on modern slicks.

I would like to see that telemetry... because... why can I push full throttle despite destroying my setup to get worst handling in last Vallelunga chicane and other turns with any sign of danger or oversteer when in real life they have to pass throught that corners safely or fighting with the car? I say safely or fighting with the car because there are obviously two ways to race, maintaining the car on the road and achieving constant laptimes and controlling to not to get oversteer, that this is the most viewed way to race we can see in a video or in real race. And the other one is pushing like hell throwing the car almost with no care and in the edge of grip limit, pushing full throttle before than usually, braking later than usually, and turning more aggressiely than usualy, with a pace that is dangerous to maintain and It's more strange to see (despite of that there is lots of videos where you can clearly see what I'm talking about). This second way to drive It's almost impossible in AC, I tried so hard to push as I could, and I only can slide the car in tighter turns (1st gear) and pushing so hard the throttle pedal, and even doing that I only get so little slides and speed lose doing impossible to mainain slides at corner exits (slides I get at 1st gear are even shorter than Lacosa's slides at Vallelunga at 2nd and 3rd gear). And repeat, I tried different setups and compounds... the overal feeling of the car is the same, I don't care about laptimes... I think I can beat for at least 1 second Lacosta's times at Vallelunga with default setup.

I have only kart racing experience but I think I know what I'm talking about having friends that work as F3 engineers and another one driving a GT3 Porsche that can say me lots of feelings, and that works with actual telemetrys I can see.

The car It's not so easy to drive, they do looks It easier... if were so easy, why this guy has to reapair a F3 almost every month because DRIVEX team drivers destroy that car so easily...?

That's easy, if you want an uncontrolled oversteery car just change your setup so it can be more the way you want it, one thing is certain, for sure in real life you'll prefer a stable neutral car, that's exactly what AC recreates, imagine you're in the car in real life, for sure you'll **** your pants with an oversteery open wheel formula car...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back