Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AristotelisVasilakos ‏@Aristotelis1h
Nick Catsburg drives #assettocorsa : "First feeling of sim and car balance is very very very nice"
AristotelisVasilakos ‏@Aristotelis1h
Nick Catsburg drives #assettocorsa "I like the little oversteer you get under brakes once in ABS"
AristotelisVasilakos ‏@Aristotelis54m
Nick Catsburg drives #assettocorsa : " I like the, almost impossible to save, second oversteer, same in real life"

Who is Nick Catsburg?

nickcatsburg
BMW Z4 GT3 driver in Blancpain Endurance Championship. LMPC driver in the European Le Mans Series.

nickcatsburg.nl

I thought I'd hang fire for a while before posting my views. I appreciate I am wasting your time, as I have nothing to add to what has already been said, but:

Very first time buying off steam, very sceptical.
Bought it, and it d-loaded really fast.
Hit start button, it worked.(!!!???!!!)
Read and carried out some very helpful, easy to understand tweaks (wheel and graphics) from a few of you nice chaps. (Read an awful lot of whinging crap as well, we all know who you are ROFL)
AC is now my favourite Tarmac game to date.

Congrats to Assetto, and my on going thanks to the RD community.

• Deleted member 151827

The achievements are working. Grabbed a couple just now. The p4/5 is just wow! Love that car at Mugello! :)

Totally, and it is the final version and everything, what the hell.

Hm? It's not? It's an early access game? Well I look a fool now.

They said the starting bugs would be fixed in the next update after my problem in the last version, this is the next update.

They are not fixed.

Sorry for pointing that out. I'll try be perpetually positive in future to avoid your fantastic retorts.

AristotelisVasilakos ‏@Aristotelis2h
Realism FTW! “@AC_assettocorsa: You want realism? We got you covered! Lotus 2 Eleven at Silverstone AC VS Real ”

Thats a really nice video , however its not really a true indication of accuracy of the simulators physics.

For example you could have a game with physics that for the most part don't match up and yet as a player you could drive in such a way that it lined up to appear to look the same.

Granted the more
realistic the simulator is the easer it should be to get it to line up but I'm just saying that people should not really use these videos as an indication of realism , non the less its a very nice video and it does allude to the quality of AC's physics or at the very least track fidelity.

that's not to say AC is unrealistic just thought it was worth pointing out ;)

Last edited:
The post from the guy in the real car pretty much confirmed the physics are very close indeed.

".I thought some people might be interested in my initial thoughts on the new AC update's Lotus 2-Eleven, as I'm a former racing driver who now owns a 2-Eleven for track days and road use here in the UK. I've just done 15 laps on the sim:

I've just tried the 2-Eleven on AC at the track I last drove in it in real life, Silverstone International, and have just compared my replay from just now in Assetto Corsa with some in-car laps from the real track in my 2-Eleven that I filmed a couple of months ago (link below). Here are my thoughts:

Initially it felt 80-85% of the way there, but with a more stable back end (see the constant mid-corner correction required in the above video, although the rear tyres were over-heating in that clip) and slightly less weight transfer effects - the slides didn't get nasty as quickly as they do in the real car and the rear seemed a bit more stable. Then I reduced the rear wing to 6 degrees (the track only version presumably modelled in the sim has an adjustable rear wing, whereas my road version doesn't) and I took the front ARB down a notch to position 2 (I actually run full stiffness at the front in real life, but I noticed the sim has 4 positions, so maybe the track car has a different front ARB?). Now with those settings it feels very similar indeed to my 2-Eleven, and in the video/replay comparison it looks spookily similar. Lap times are about a second different (normally I'm about a second quicker in real life when I've done this sort of comparison before, due to the feel element, but this time it was the other way round- best lap in real life was a 1:16, whereas just now I did a 1:15), however it was my first ever time on the layout when I drove it back then and only my second trackday in the car and on AC I've been practising a fair bit at the circuit lately, so I'd say the lap times are bang on - if I went back in my real car I think I know where I could gain time and I think a 1:15 is doable straight away, and probably down into the 14s with time (same for the sim - I just did 15 laps). The real car has fully adjustable dampers all round (rebound and comp), which sadly isn't available in Assetto Corsa (a chink in the realism there - are the development team reading this? I can provide details if necessary); I'd also like to try increasing the damping at the rear end a bit (which is what I do to mine for trackdays, as per Lotus' recommendation), and I think it'd be 100% there then. Incidentally, the geo settings are exactly as per Lotus' recommendation in real life, which is nice, although strangely by default the car in the sim was showing assymetrical front geo numbers, even though the sliders looked the same - is that a bug? Oh, and the 2-Eleven doesn't sound quite as nice with the standard road exhaust compared to my motorsport one(the video above doesn't show it well cause I am running the cameras internal mic sealed up to stop it overloading on wind noise - a home grown ext mic mod is on the way), but I think that's the same as real life too actually; many owners have changed their exhausts from standard.

We need a setting for the seating position too - I'm about 6 inches shorter in the body than the sim driver must be (I look partly through the aeroscreen in real life) and I have the seat much further back cause of my long legs.

All in all, pretty good though, I'm very impressed!" Rob Manser

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back