Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

Will you have the ability to save a race mid-way through and return to it later on? Much like you could in GTR2, really useful feature for those wanting to run full races but who may not have the time to do so in one sitting.

I would like to know where Kunos see ACC sitting in a rather populated genre.
Is it all out Simulation. Simcade. Both or something else?
... really?

a) there are never enough simulation games out there, and the genre is most certainly not overpopulated in my view.
b) where did you get the impression that Kunos are making "Simcade" games?
c) how can a game be simulation and "simcade" at the same time?
d) "else" = arcade?

Will there be a live weather feature? That could also fix the problem of people not making use of rainy weather :D just give them no control over it and let Mother Nature decide what happens in real time.

I love that in endurance races at RF2

Oh and with the new engine, will it be finally possible to set a max rendered cars value? That would increase performance big time on big grids that would make sense in a 24h race...

Last edited:
Will the series competition rules(*) be modular, like rF2, such that future titles can be catered for by editing config file rather than recoding?

(*) Type of start, drivethrough vs. stop-and-go for penalties, full course yellows, mandatory pit stops, refueling vs. enforced no refueling, minimum/maximum driver time in seat, etc.

Dear Kunos: What is the future of AC? Is it going to be a retro game, that lives by community support of modders? Or Kunos will update it continuously and fix bugs? What does this mean for AC2, or that is something down the road in 3-4 years from now?

Thank You!

1) Since you are using Unreal engine and not your own engine like in AC1 , how difficult will it be to transfer the car handling/simulation part to Unreal? Will there be compromises, is Unreal (since it's used for fps, rpg's etc etc mostly) fit to handle the simulation data that lies underneath?

2) PS4 Pro / Xbox X support

3) Will we see the Nordschleife recreated in UE4 in ACC?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back