Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

When AC started, it felt like 90% of sim racers had a G27 or a T500, now there is a huge number of people with T150s but also many many people with DD-wheels and also very different rims in size, weight and feel.

How are you approaching this problem and help all of them to make their wheels feel as close to real life as possible?

That's an answer for tracks and cars, but it doesn't answer the question of whether Apps are supported, in Python or another language. Obviously you can't "figure out" how to do them if it isn't there.

Yes, as stated in the title of Stefano's post "2 words on modding support" he was answering on that topic.
Sorry if my post appeared to be inaccurate, but usuallly and "historically" modding is considered the possibility to add/modify tracks, cars, textures, sounds etc., where Apps is the possibility to code Apps that can run inside the main application. Modding is possible even if not directly supported (also GPL was modded and I don't remember sims in the past that was not modded), Apps, as you say, are only possible if a "platform/bridge" is supported/allowed from developer.

So if you want to have an answer from Stefano on Apps, I would suggest to change the question in : "Apps support, is it in or out?"
But I strongly suspect the answer will be NO.

Last edited:
Do you mean dynamic track like in iRacing?
Yes, with marbling and dynamic rubbering. Currently the way Assetto does it is unrealistic and encourages poor and aggressive driving. Plus, how can you possibly have an accurate tire model when the surface it connects to is not correct? It's decent but I would like improvement. I could care less about rain and night racing if those are the only major changes I'll stick with Assetto.

I just hope they'll add more cars and tracks, because GT3 will be interesting few weeks and then what?
Well... have you looked at the listing of servers in every sim? GT3 dominates and it isn't even close. I think it is a good thing to specialize. The sims that try to do it all end up never satisfying anyone. Too many "masters of none".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.