Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

Will we have the following?

- Dedicated servers with admin controls
- high ping auto kick
- community ban list which can stream to other servers
- ability to choose any car for online session
- some kind of online skin sharing for online play?
- no throttle cut penalty
- animated flag waving marshals?
- real yellow flag zones?
- transmission flex
- brake temps / brake cooling physics
- parade lap
- rolling starts
- online track rotation?
- 32+ grid slots?

Last edited:
Why is it called Assetto Corsa Competizione?
(Marco said in interview this is "just tip of the iceberg")

does this opens doors for more feeder series that blancpain is part of?

My Question relys on this:
If it doesnt stay blancpain only, will there be separate games like modules/addons or end in a big game step by step.

ACC on the top.
Modules to choose:
Blancpain
WEC
F1
Rallycross
TCR and so on.

My Question relys on this:
If it doesnt stay blancpain only, will there be separate games like modules/addons or end in a big game step by step.

ACC on the top.
Modules to choose:
Blancpain
WEC
F1
Rallycross
TCR and so on.

The subtitle of the game says "The official Blancpain GT Series Game" so I'm not getting my hopes high that we will see ACC "The official FIA WEC Series Game" or something similar.

If you are doing practice runs and esc to the pits or go into pits, will the system allow the status of the car to remain. ie. tyres are scrubbed and slight damage to spoiler. go into pits. for a rest!! then start again the same state.
What happens now is get to pits and it all refreshes to new status.

Will we have the following?

- Dedicated servers with admin controls
- high ping auto kick
- community ban list which can stream to other servers
- ability to choose any car for online session
- some kind of online skin sharing for online play?
- no throttle cut penalty
- animated flag waving marshals?
- real yellow flag zones?
- transmission flex
- brake temps / brake cooling physics
- parade lap
- rolling starts
- online track rotation?
- 32+ grid slots?

thought we were only allowed ONE question lol :p:p:laugh:

Will there be a live weather feature? ...
Live weather as in NOW. This is another feature possible in flight sims. There is a link to jepsen or some company (FREE) that gives you REAL at that time, weather.

So, whether we get real weather or whether we get simulated weather could be whether the weather could be added in. So to simplify, whether you understand the weather, whether the weather is real weather or whether the weather is simulated would be whether the SIM is good or whether it is not so good as the weather is bad. :O_o:

Last edited:
Live weather as in NOW. This is another feature possible in flight sims. There is a link to jepsen or some company (FREE) that gives you REAL at that time, weather.

So, whether we get real weather or whether we get simulated weather could be whether the weather could be added in. So to simplify, whether you understand the weather, whether the weather is real weather or whether the weather is simulated would be whether the SIM is good or whether it is not so good as the weather is bad. :O_o:

I never quite like this full-live feature in flight sims. The problem is that as a German-American I often fly around in whereever the grass is greener, which means where I am not right now, which means I fly in Europe when sitting on a computer in the U.S.. The result is that the timezone difference screws up immersion by making it nighttime when it's still afternoon outside.

I would rather have a "real weather inspired" functionality where it is a bit random, with weather distribution taken from the real past weather patterns in the location, with a coercion towards the weather that was in the location last time it was at local time translated from my current position. If you oversimplify this it will be pretty boring for Hamburg, London and the Adriatic-facing side of the Balkans, though.

Without a question I would not want Kunos to do this directly, but instead provide a mod interface that allows us to have weather picked with Python apps we download. Those apps can do all the real weather data pulling and statistical distribution bullshit, not to mention that way access to the weather data services is as a private player, not as a commercial entity.

- Is the rain going to be properly simulated in terms of the grip levels around the racing lines? Like having to go off-line to find out where the grip is and having to avoid a rubbered in racing line? That is something that every other sim with dynamic weather is missing and it would just make the game a whole level above the competition :)!

- Is ACC going to maintain the HTML-menu style where you can easily just alt+tab out of the game anytime you want and just have it run in the background not having to worry about the game crashing or having to load up everything again? I liked that a lot!

- Is Stalling going to be included in ACC?

- Hope we are still going to have manual control in the pits now that there is a lot going on with the animated pit crews - and are we going to get a manual pit limiter for this game? :)

It's like the motion capture of human actors to then use the captures to control rendered characters in CGI or rendered movies.

Not for interaction.
Surely that's what I meant. There was a misunderstanding of the 'motion', ingame animation of driver arms in other words.:) IMO every racing sims available now in respect of the animation of arms are far from sim.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.3%