Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

Ok guys thank you all very much for the questions!

Currently put them all in excel, will work through them tonight and form a nice (and long as **** list) ready for the interview.

I've got a bunch of my own and I'll sort the best ones from the list made so far then we are good to go! Thank you all!

I'll keep checking here, but can't promise to add any more submitted after this post, because hey, the devs need to actually work rather than sit for 5 hours with me and talk!

Thanks everyone!

I'm more interested in knowing which features are planned to be in the ACC game. Because as someone who only does league racing, AC was missing a lot of features that would make life much more enjoyable for leagues.

Features I'm looking for, that weren't in AC 1 are:
  • Rolling starts
  • Manual pitlimiters
  • Spectator slots
  • Racecontrol slot
  • Still no slipstream effect slider for multi player
  • Ability to set driving aids per driver in the entry list (we can set ballast, but not aids?)
  • Proper driver swaps (not the botched system they have currently)
  • Push to Pass and KERS allocation in server config
  • Server setting to split the work done in the pits (tires and fuel seperately)
  • Fuel maps on cars
  • Drop-off qualifying or single shot qualifying (should be easy, just make multiple sessions allowed like [QUALIFYING 1] top 5 allowed to exit pits for [QUALIFYING 2])
  • Not allowing RETURN TO PITS in server config (AMS has this)
And Features I'd love to see reworked, because these features make not too much sense:

• flat spot damage is currently being linked to the damage multiplier instead of tyre wear (more logical IMO) or even better, it's own multiplier.
  • Have the pit entry line actually match the bloody place where the pit limiter sets in
  • The one directional fan blowing wind across the track be reworked - make Wind actually be Wind (dynamic, in gusts/bursts) or remove it, since it has no added benefit
  • rework of the dynamic racing line, more like iRacing where it actually matters where cars drive, not the entire track being worked over by a grip multiplier

1- I know and understand that i will have to upgrade my 780ti , but will it still be any use as a dedicated physics card?

2- Sound, i really hope that they will do a excellent job on this o so very often under rated item.
When i drive next to a wall(left or right) or a tunnel, i want to hear the soundreflections. Or inbetween the trees or a open cicuit ect.So the people with dedicated soundcards can get the most of it, as good quallity sound is a major factor in racing.

• Deleted member 241736

There already is an ACC subsection on the Kunos support forum. Yeah, do you notice the name change?
Lieber Rosemeyer ich bin verbannt mein Leben lang ich kommen des Forum gar nicht mehr rein.
Habe wohl zu oft kritisiert was da nicht ganz gut läuft

Looking at this part of the announcement page
Care for details
Even the secondary details are faithfully reproduced to make you feel the thrill of being in the cockpit of a real racing car. Doors, windshield wipers, headlights, racing lights, racing equipment and control devices such as ABS, traction control, engine ignition and ECU mapping, are all under the driver’s management to assure the best performance and offer the player total control of the car.
I wonder if this includes switchable display pages?

something i really would like some day at any racesim is a option to walk out of car and be able to walk around pit lane, paddock and at old track around any place. I know it had nothing to do with racing but anyway :p, but imagine a practice session at old rouen, walk to 1st turn and watch others drivers deal with it :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back