Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizioni Interview Question.jpg

Having snagged a nice interview with Kunos Simulazioni about the new Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation, we want your interview questions!

So in the spirit of community engagement I need your help once again! I've got an interview lined up with the developers of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione and would like you all to throw down your burning questions for the devs...

Please keep it compact, sensible and concise and one question per post please. Make it easy on me, I expect lots of responses.. !

While I have your attention, feel free to pop in your wish list requests on this thread HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Go on then, get your questions in below!

"Unfinished" means started/considered (for Platinum edition for example) and not meant as "missing" features. It was a general question and it was addressed for Stefano, but if you feel like his press-secretary - keep us updated ;)
Actually I felt like trying to inform you of news that the rest of the community has known for months. Anyways, you are right, why the hell should I try to be helpful to a community made up of people like you? From now on I should just let the clueless remain that way.

Well... have you looked at the listing of servers in every sim? GT3 dominates and it isn't even close. I think it is a good thing to specialize. The sims that try to do it all end up never satisfying anyone. Too many "masters of none".

GT3 is second in popularity to F1 (reference number of players in F1 2017).

AC, however, doesn't have proper F1 (lack of tracks, single make grid, no tire rule enforcement, no recon lap starts, no talent files), thus GT3 is most popular for AC servers. AC also happens to have a good selection of the current GT3 marques/models, unlike the mishmash that exists for other multi-marque series.

Will the multiplayer be more centralised than AC? For example:
1. Are you intending to host and schedule races yourselves or will you rely on others to host servers?
2. Will the penalty for contact be like it is at the moment, where a given server can decide what level of Minorating is allowed to run, or are you planning else?
3. Do you have any plans to group players into races depending on ability?

• ronniej

"Unfinished" means started/considered (for Platinum edition for example) and not meant as "missing" features. It was a general question and it was addressed for Stefano, but if you feel like his press-secretary - keep us updated ;)
I'm pretty certain Stefano wouldn't have addressed your question tbh. This is a "
Assetto Corsa Competizione Interview Questions Request" thread for Paul Jeffery when he conducts his interview with Kunos.
Obviously, there are some new people to the game and just might not know these things that most players have had knowledge about, so sometimes a member will give you the answer. Which is what happened.
*I gave a sarcastic response to his generosity, and then you pretty much insulted him lol. Just sayin...(I feet partly responsible) :whistling::redface:

Will the AI be to the same high standard as AC? It's currently the best of any sim IMO, but it took a long time to get there. It would be a shame to have to start from scratch again and perhaps be not as good.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.